Karma....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my mini-FAQ about karma:

My FAQ:

What is karma?

Karma is sort of like a reward system. It is used to punish members who misbehave, and to reward members who behave well. It is good in the sense that it may encourage members with negative karma to behave well in order to get it back up, and also so the members who behave well can have a little pride! The only downside to karma, many members get upset when they get negative karma, and may start getting fired up about it, as they don't feel they did anything wrong.

What happens when you get karma?

You will get a PM from a Tamatalk Guide or an Administor, explaining the change to your karma level, and the reasons behind it. Also, on the little < 5[]5 > thing only you can see, a different number will appear. If you click it, a "karma log" shall appear. The karma log tells you which Guide/Admin awarded the karma, if it was raised or lowered, and a comment from the Guide/Admin.

NOTE: you cannot view the karma log when you have a blank karma bar.

Why won't my karma change to green?! I'm never bad!

Guides and Admin can't be watching every single post you make, so you must make all your posts of extremely good quality, so they can notice you. Maybe if you give yourself that extra little push, who knows what could happen....

Can I award karma?

No, unfortunaly, only Tamatalk Guide team members and the Admin Team can award karma. The reason being, some members may hand out karma to their friends, and may give negative karma to people who don't deserve bad karma, just because the member dosen't like them. The Tamaguides are very responsible, so they can be trusted to give karma out correctly, as can the Admin team.

What do the karma indicators mean?

Green- you are a very helpful member around the forums, and try to keep tamatalk a happy, safe environment for everyone around you!

White- It's quite good- you haven't misbehaved, but yet again, you haven't made those couple of posts that could really change everything!

Yellow- Uh oh! You made a little mistake, but don't worry! Lets try and not make any more!

Orange- Oh dear- a little bit of misbehaving has gone on, so you'll have to re-think your actions!!

Red- Uhh.... what can I say? Be VERY careful, because at this point, it won't just be a karma change- you may be banned from tamatalk altogether.

Karma is a tough thing to get but just be a very helpful tamatalker and you might just get your karma up!

-Master of v4's

Wow, that's great, Rey Mysterio! ^^ You did a great job with that Mini FAQ of yours.

Like RM said in her post, Guides and Admins aren't always watching your every post. That's why you may think it's difficult to get Green Karma. But if all your posts are respectful, nice, follow the rules, are helpful, etc., you'll probably be noticed, and awarded with good Karma for yourself. That's something to be proud of. ;) We can't help you get your karma, because it's up to you and your choice of behavior! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back