Kay, people are driving me insane.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Cant//Knit.x

Reaction score
Okay, well, like in most schools, there's a popular group of people and some little other groups of people in my school. This giant ''popular'' group is seriously driving me crazy. They act so over the top, and put other people down...not cool.

Ever since my friend Sarah got into emo/goth music and stuff, people have been calling her a tryhard and other horrible stuff which seriously isn't appropriate for TT. At first, me and Jen ignored Sarah cuz we sorta got annoyed with her. This year, we got friends again. And now, we walk around the school with portable dvd players and CD's playing, and we go uber crazy and just be ourselves.

This group is un-avoidable. They're scattered around the school. They make us feel horrible. That's all. Just now, a girl from there IM'd me on MSN. This is what the convo went like;

Bec says:

when u and sarah and jenn walk around school with ur fully sickk emo musicc do you think ur kool

coz if yu do i gottt some bad news you well sarah looks like a bigg tryhard

K s e n i a//Mini Bradie Webb;; said (9:33 PM):

nah, we dont think we're cool. we're just being normal :|

The girl went offline straight away. And apparently Metro Station is emo :|

So now, we're called the ''klutzy emo-tryhard'' group. I seriously don't know what's wrong with people. They just expect people to stay the same forever. Just because Sarah is out of her dinosaur and reptile phase, they start treating her differently... same with her friends. And me and Jen aren't emo. We're far from it!

I don't really care what people think about me... I'm sorta fine with it. But it's a little hard to socialize these days when people are calling your best friends tryhards and worse.. it makes me angry.

I don't really know what I'm asking for by this post. I suppose I just needed to share my feelings and thoughts. And maybe some advice.

Thanks guys x3

[SIZE=8pt]The chances are, the popular people want to make you feel bad, or another option is jealousy if you and your mates are close friends. If they start to label you and other stuff, ignore them, they just want to make you feel worse.[/SIZE]

You are You. Not anyone else.

^ Great words, great words :eek:

Just be yourself, yeah. Maybe try and prove them wrong, that you are not.. whatwasit... oh yeah - ''kluzty emo try-hards''. Perhaps by taking away the portable DVD and CD players. Don't go over the top with what you listen to (not that you do - I hope;) ), and try some different types of music.

Just remember..

Don't let the evil popular group get to you!!

Hm. That's all I wanted to say :eek:

Oh.

Good luck too ;)

<33

Last edited by a moderator:
^Thanks.

But we do love our music. Plus my friends would wanna listen to music. I dont really mind if people find it weird, I just dont like the fact that they call my friends and sometimes me, names. Plus they're being serious, you can tell.

If I call THEM any nabmes or do anything to them, they'll get super mad, hate me for life and tell the principal. For some reason I'm not aloud to do the same :|

If I call THEM any nabmes or do anything to them, they'll get super mad, hate me for life and tell the principal. For some reason I'm not aloud to do the same :|
[SIZE=8pt]If they call you names, why don't you have the right to tell someone? :eek: [/SIZE]

As far as I know, don't respond in what they do to you, because it'll make you act like them, and I'm pretty sure you aren't like that. :eek:

No, I'm not like that.

They have their ways of making my life a misery if I tell anyone. I've been through it before...

[SIZE=8pt]I've been through it before too, if you can , try and ignore the misery they give you (It depends what it is, and if your comfortable saying and it's suitable for TT, Please post :eek: , then we can work on that too ) [/SIZE]

Would you say all this is a slight chance of being bullied by them? Or is it just a patch in life? :eek:

Wow, the popular group at your school seems pretty bad. As a member of the populars at my school, we only torment people who start with us first, we are joking most of the time, and we do not torment people who are weird, we torment people who call us preps. It's also a way of survival, if we're in a big group like that we won't be bothered by the real bullies.

At my school, if you ignore us, we stop. But of course, the only people we ever start with are those retarded drama queens who need a constant stream of social crap to keep entertained, so they never "just ignore us," they start a full on war. So, just ignore it, it'll go away.

Tell them to go back to abercrombie with daddys stolen alcohol money

Just ignore them. It REALLY angers them when they don't get your attention and they will keep trying until they make a fool of themselves

Hmm.. well when you said "No, we're just being normal" (in ur MSN convo) the girl suddenly signed off, so that probably bothered her. Whenever she insults you like that, you should do the same thing; tell her that she's wrong but be very calm, cool and normal about it. If you act mad then they'll know that they are working on you.

If this doesn't work...... if I were you, I would give her....payback. ;) Not start a war, but just every time she insults you just give her a little nudge with your words, you say all this bad stuff about her on TT, you should be able to tell it to them. They're doing it to you! But once again, whenever you want to give her a taste of her own medicine, be very calm about it.

And I feel sorry for you :eek: I hope that they'll stop sometime.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but they make it easier for the person who's been having wrong done to them. (just made that up...XD)

Anyways, good luck! :eek:

[SIZE=7pt] Edit- typo[/SIZE]

ignore them, whenever theyre near you say, "Hi, whats up, wannabes?"

I'm really glad that the populars at my school are actually nice. We don't really have a "mean" group at my school, just a lot of people who are so unbelievably perfect that they make the rest of us jealous. Well, most of us. It doesn't bug me too much. I'm friends with a lot of them :furawatchi: .

But anyways, tell someone about it. These people have no right to make you feel so bad about yourself for doing absolutely nothing. That is just pure insanity. These are some miserable, miserable people.

The next time one of them confronts you, coolly respond. Almost like if you're bored with it. Come up with a firm, still polite comeback that will just plain confuse them. Try "If I valued your opinion, that would really hurt me. But since I don't, I don't really care." or "That was just so nice of you to say.". Something like that. But whatever you do, don't get angry or upset. That's what they want you to do. If you act like they don't bother you at all, you'll become less of a target for them. You'lll be stronger than the bullies. Eventually, they'll back off.

I think you should also tell an parent, teacher, or school counselor immediately. They can help. Don't be embarrassed. This situation is just too big for one girl, or a small group of friends, to handle.

If theyre stupid, use alotta big words to confuse them=] its fun... The populars at my school dont pick on me cuz im friends with the girls. The guys are just mean :\

Thanks guys x3

Yeah, they are really mean. I get along with 1 or 2 of them. But the group is seriously huge. Out of the 60 people in middle school, about 40 of them are in that ''group''.

I shall come up with an awesome comeback. And Weiwei, maybe even use big words XD. Eh, you guys are lucky to have no one like that in your schools.

Hm, the people in that ''group'' haven't signed in to MSN for a while now. It makes it seem like they're scared to talk to me... weird.

If you love how you are, then you shouldn't mind it.

If you're convinced that this is you, then there is no possible way to change it. "cool" people are insecure, their hold to power is hard to maintain ;)

Just say "This is how we roll. Got a problem with that?" and if they do then then say random stuff. Its annoys people.

Example convo-

A = Ksenia and her cool friends

B = Smelly 'popular' people.

B- Gosh. Do you think you're cool or something?

A- Oh baby, this is how I roll

B- Freak.

A- Your face is a freak

B- What did you say about my face?

A- Bagels taste good.

B- Freak

A- Your face is a freak

B- *insane annoyed noises* I have no time for you.

A- Have a good day.

Be the better people, drive them insane.

I know. From experience.

Eh, you guys are lucky to have no one like that in your schools.
[SIZE=8pt]Oooh, you'd be surprised, we have this girl, and she is everything and all, and EVERYONE wants to be her friend...Except me. Oh yes, because I see the true her. :angry: [/SIZE]

Well, she really ticks me off, and she's worth about 40 obnoxious people. So you're not alone, my friend :ph34r:

x.Glitter.x

^ Aha, Everything Girl, Glitter ;]

And you tell those stinky populars to back off because hairbrushes can hurt D:<

Good luck ^.^

<33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back