Last Post Wins 2: electric boogaloo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Snap, I haven't thought of Bust a Groove in like 15yrs. Such an underated Rythm game (Bust a Groove 2 is also pretty solid)
Yeah, it's a real shame that the genre was pretty much killed off by some companies pushing for HD video games before lagless HD displays that were suitable for gaming existed. We still see the occasional title on platforms that have their own in-built lagless displays, but it's nothing like it used to be. (My favourite in recent years was the Kirby-series side-game, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, on the Nintendo 3DS.)

Still, much respect! I didn't expect anyone else here to know Bust-A-Groove! :D I played the original to perfection back in the day - I mastered everything with every character and knew everything by heart (though my main was Shorty), and eventually got so good at it that I could ace the entire game without even looking at the screen. :lol:

D'you remember how there were two unlockable characters at the very end, but you had to pick only one and could never get both? I bet that that drove completionists mad. :lol:

Yeah, it's a real shame that the genre was pretty much killed off by some companies pushing for HD video games before lagless HD displays that were suitable for gaming existed. We still see the occasional title on platforms that have their own in-built lagless displays, but it's nothing like it used to be. (My favourite in recent years was the Kirby-series side-game, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, on the Nintendo 3DS.)

Still, much respect! I didn't expect anyone else here to know Bust-A-Groove! :D I played the original to perfection back in the day - I mastered everything with every character and knew everything by heart (though my main was Shorty), and eventually got so good at it that I could ace the entire game without even looking at the screen. :lol:

D'you remember how there were two unlockable characters at the very end, but you had to pick only one and could never get both? I bet that that drove completionists mad. :lol:
We had unlocked Capoeira and Robotron Z (if memory serves). My main was Heat, my sister's main was Shorty and my Step-Sister's main was Frida. Of course we all knew that the real MVP was Shorty's pet mouse Columbo that would jump out and dance along after Shorty's ultimate combo (I think that was how it worked)

Last edited by a moderator:
We had unlocked Capoeira and Robotron Z (if memory serves). My main was Heat, my sister's main was Shorty and my Step-Sister's main was Frida. Of course we all knew that the real MVP was Shorty's pet mouse Columbo that would jump out and dance along after Shorty's ultimate combo (I think that was how it worked)
Yeah, that's right! :D I chose Columbo as the unlockable character. :D Kudos to you for knowing his name, too!

Latest posts

Back