Layered Hair-(please respond!)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaXTREAM

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I need some input from people with layered hair. I'm thinking about getting it layered because it would be kind of cute for a change, but I am not really sure. What can't you do with it that you can with non-layered hair? I mean like layers that start at ever so slightly below your chin and end up ever so slightly above where a short sleeved t-shirt sleeve ends. Can you braid it? Can you put it in pigtails? Can you manage a high ponytail? My hair is black and straight, by the way, and I like it. Please respond, because I made a hair appointment and who knows when the hairdresser will call back! That's when I need to make my decision. Please?

EDIT: Oh, by the way my hair is stick-straight and thin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my hair layered. It's much nicer, because if you have thick hair, it helps make it so it doesn't 'puff' as much.

The only 'problem' I have with it is sometimes the front layers come out when I have my hair in a pony tail. But it doesn't really affect me much, seeing as it's usually only a little bit of hair and I can tuck it behind my ear. You can braid it and put it in pigtails, tut it looks a little bit different.

I have layers, and sadly, I can't braid it. Pretty sure that you can put it in pigtails. You can put it in a ponytail, but depending on the length of your layers, not ALL of it would stay in.

I hope I helped at least a little. ;)

I have medium length hair, so I can't braid it, it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines layered, it's alot better for me, but it can be a little tricky to put it in a ponytail, the little pieces hang out alot, but I would do it! ;)

Thanks you guys, I think I will. But I'm still unsure at the prospect of actually cutting your hair in this weird way...anyone else have any other input? When got it layered, were you kind of unsure like I am?

My hair isnt layered, though it will be in a few days X3

There are alot of disadvantages though to me

Layered hair is best for very thick hair, to even the texture out. But the right cut can look cute for any hair type, indeed. ^_^ But depending on the kind of updo you prefer, layer's may not be the best for you, as they tend to fall out of the ponytail/braid very easily. But if you like a well-secured updo, you may want to go light on the layers. :) With layers, your hairdo can make a major upgrade- with body, movement, and style. Flat Ironing your hair will really bring the cut out. Ak your stylist about what's right for you, and GO FOR IT! :) Good luck- I'm sure that it will look amazing.

Thanks you guys, I think I will. But I'm still unsure at the prospect of actually cutting your hair in this weird way...anyone else have any other input? When got it layered, were you kind of unsure like I am?
I got layers a while ago and lately I just wanted a angled bang so I did it myself lol. I suggest NOT doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back