Limewire & bearshare,they say they have no spyware

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlr8

Reaction score
Just a warning:

They actually do have spyware.

I downloaded bearshare ages ago,my anti-virus detected a spyware item called "bearshare".

Same with limewire only i downloaded it yesterday but my anti-virus detected 3 spyware items called:"kazaa","grokster" and "limewire".

So be careful.

P.s please don't take this the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah, really? I have limewire...maybe that's the problem why my computer is so slow......
That's been happening to me too. I really didn't think it was limewire because I only use it once every 2 weeks. ^_^

Woah, really? I have limewire...maybe that's the problem why my computer is so slow......
Lily12+Misery:If i were you,i'd get anti-spyware,search for "anti-spyware"on the internet for some software but be careful as these can contain spyware.

If you want PM me and i will tell you a good one since we can't advertise websites in posts.

P.S i'm on a free trial and when it runs out,i'll have to buy the full software for spyware protection. ^_^

Lol, perhaps It's karma slapping you in the face for using a client chiefly used to distribute pirated videos, games, and music.

Sorry to sound mean, but limewire's main use is for obtaining copyrighted material that you are supposed to be paying for free. Which is stealing. :l

Lily12+Misery:If i were you,i'd get anti-spyware,search for "anti-spyware"on the internet for some software but be careful as these can contain spyware.If you want PM me and i will tell you a good one since we can't advertise websites in posts.

P.S i'm on a free trial and when it runs out,i'll have to buy the full software for spyware protection. :p
You can post the link so long as it's not a personal site.

I hear adaware is a decent client. (Please note that I'm a mac user and don't really deal with windows spyware clients, or spyware itself, for that matter... Just something to know as you consider my recommendation.)

Lol, perhaps It's karma slapping you in the face for using a client chiefly used to distribute pirated videos, games, and music.
Sorry to sound mean, but limewire's main use is for obtaining copyrighted material that you are supposed to be paying for free. Which is stealing. :l
Cool!!!

I think the same way!

bamcr

I use Limewire All the time, and theres nothing wrong with my computer lol. but i do Virus Scans alot too ( i use Ad-Aware and AVG 7.5) Im not fond of Bearshare, it gave my bro's computer a virus.

I don't use either so I am all good.

Although I did get a random virus from a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back