Linking Pre-Owned Pierce

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesterxLady

Reaction score
So I found someone on eBay selling used LoveMelo and MelodyLand pierces; I really wanted the former and it worked out at a really good price for the two. Anyway, they arrived this afternoon, so I plugged in MelodyLand and, after unlinking it from it's previous Tama and unlinking my Tama from the Circus pierce we were good to go! Awesome.

But then I tried linking the LoveMelo pierce and I cannot get it to link to my Tama. It seems stuck on the fact that it was previously linked to someone else. To begin with, my Tama wouldn't register the pierce at all and would tell me I had nothing connected, but now I can 'unlink', but it always fails. I have tried cleaning both the pierce and the port to no avail. I've tried inserting the pierce numerous times, removed the batteries (but not reset) and I have Rightchi, no changes, etc. so it's not stuck on a previous pierce. =/

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anyway I could resolve this? I was really looking forward to using LoveMelo and I don't want to have wasted my money on something that doesn't work.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
i never had this problem before, but it sounds like you might want to try it on a new tama? try waiting until the next generation starts for you to try it again

Tamagotchi P's pierces can be used on as many different Tamagotchis as you want; so, the fact that it isn't working isn't because of it being linked to someone else's P's before.

Sometimes the P's can have trouble detecting the pierce. One of my friends has the same problem and has to push the pierce in again and again until it works. Make sure you've pushed it in all the way and try wiggling it a bit if possible.

Good luck and I hope you can get it to work.

Thanks for the response! I'm hoping that the pierce on my Tama currently will expire, so I can see if that makes a difference? Not overly hopeful though. I've tried it so many times and tried pushing it all in, having in not quite all in, wiggling it. Sigh. It's just frustrating. I've read somewhere that resetting the Tamagotchi can fix it, but I'd rather not (I'm not very far into the game, so it wouldn't be as devastating as resetting my iD L, but still). If I do reset, I'll probably wait until I have all the pierces I want (only two more!) until I start it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back