Long-Lived Oldies Hatch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww <3

Your post put a large smile on my face ^^

Mamie is 41 today, but I'm too lazy to post those pics..

She was starving like an hour ago , but she haven't got sick. She is pretty forgiving, and for that i'm glad ^^

She got sick only once since she is an oldie. I'm trying to take care of her as much as I can.

For information purpose, what about you ? Have they got sick ? How many times ?
As an oldie, Lorne has not been sick yet. We've come close a few times at work when I didn't get to check on him for half the day, but thankfully he'd still had one heart each those times. Most of the time I can feed and play games with him every two hours or so. I do check on him between those times once in a while, but I can't play games unless I'm actually on break. However, no one will notice me cleaning up the occasional mess or giving him a bite to eat when I'm having a slow moment.

I read somewhere that oldies can get sick three times before they die -- does anyone know if there's truth to that, or if it was tied to a specific version of Tamagotchi?

As an oldie, Lorne has not been sick yet. We've come close a few times at work when I didn't get to check on him for half the day, but thankfully he'd still had one heart each those times. Most of the time I can feed and play games with him every two hours or so. I do check on him between those times once in a while, but I can't play games unless I'm actually on break. However, no one will notice me cleaning up the occasional mess or giving him a bite to eat when I'm having a slow moment.

I read somewhere that oldies can get sick three times before they die -- does anyone know if there's truth to that, or if it was tied to a specific version of Tamagotchi?
I have no idea my friend... but let's hope it's not true... it reminds me those games with 3 hearts and then you're dead! x_x ouch! :eek:

Awwww <3

Your post put a large smile on my face ^^

Mamie is 41 today, but I'm too lazy to post those pics..

She was starving like an hour ago , but she haven't got sick. She is pretty forgiving, and for that i'm glad ^^

She got sick only once since she is an oldie. I'm trying to take care of her as much as I can.

For information purpose, what about you ? Have they got sick ? How many times ?
Well, lucky question as I was about to say so just right now!

I was bored keeping Tamfi in a pause so I opened him the last hours of my school day...

We have a play this Thursday so the kids participating in have many hours of rehearsal[if this word is right]

I'm participating too! :D so I was able to take quick looks at the backstage without none noticing it! :D

He was fine but then we had lesson and I hadn't closed him hoping he would be alright after all as usual!

It seems I was wrong cause when I checked him on the bus I was frightened to see him sitting alone with three poops and sick... all the happy hearts were gone of course and he had only one hungry heart! I was about to do the "happy dance" though as he was still alive and very soon, perfectly fine!

I begged him to forgive me but he didn't "spoke" to me for a while. Eventually he told me it was okay and that since he is such a kind and loving tama he forgave me!

I think this cute rascal is a little bit vain! So this is his first time being sick as an oldie.

May got married so... tarata dam!!!! I now have three boys, & the Idl FOUR tama-BOYS! I felt surprised with this fact!

Yes, you well guessed! :D :D May, has a son! But I don't know how to name him... hmm... I have Thorn, Tamfi... and Mr... hmm...

Pictures, later... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We're enjoying "To Kill a Mockingbird" a lot thanks JLou! I had already read it and loved it a few years ago but now I'm studying it for school Milo get's to appreciate it too! He hasn't become sick at all so far (fingers crossed)... That whole "3 chances" idea makes me nervous though! He is currently 38 by the way:

20130319_194628_zps993d6bbf.jpg

Clay had gotten sick about... twice during his time as an oldie.

I guess it really didn't matter in the end, though. XD;

I've been super busy the last week or so! Lorne is 37 years old today, though. No pics at the moment because he's asleep. He did get me through a rather boring half hour while I waited for help with a flat tire (Turned out I wasn't strong enough to get the stupid lug nuts off, but I was only 8 miles from home so help was close at hand). We played lots of games and played with lots of items while we waited.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey there ! Everyone seems busy those days ^^ It's been a while since I posted

Here is Mamie , age : 48y

In two days she will be half a century O_O.....

She is still very easy going ^^ But she got sick once again the other day... I go to bed very late sometimes and I tend to oversleep the next morning. So... It's been like 2 or 3 times that she got sick since she is an oldie.. :/ :/ :/

Next time she gets sick i'm pretty sure she will die on me so I'm extra careful with her.

Hey there...

I miss you guys a lot.

I see it's goin well for most of you, and I miss having Chalk like crazy.

@Mintydreams7; Did you do an ROM test on your tama?

And oh, I know this is crazy, but can I... -_- -_- -_-

Could I ...... join you guys again? :mellow:

Why is it crazy? Have an other try!! In fact I think all would be really happy if you joined back Jokus!!! Remember when Tamfi the first died? I know Chalk was really important for you but you have to go on my friend!

You're so sweet, thank you! :D

I do not have any tamagotchi that I am ready to join with right now, but I'll try to prepare one. I'm going on a journey to Ukraine next monday, on which I probably will not bring any tamagotchi, but I'll be gone for less than a week. I might join then. ^_^

Hello again everyone! I haven't had much time to be online much lately as I've had a lot of school work but if anyone follows Milo's log you'll know I haven't been neglecting him :D . It's great to hear all your oldies are going strong - it feels like they're Milo's family in a way. If you do decide to join with another tama Jokus Milo and I would be very excited. He is 45 today by the way:

20130326_194256_zps3e407c8f.jpg

Here he is with his new clock I brought him so he can keep track of the time:

20130326_185940_zps6aeb939a.jpg

Hey there...

I miss you guys a lot.

YESS !! join us please ! Try again with us ^^

Hey there...

I miss you guys a lot.

No, I haven't. Refresh my memory - How is the ROM test performed?

Hey there...

I miss you guys a lot.

I agree with everyone else, we'd love to have you back! It was so fun sort of "getting to know" everyone and their tamas and I definitely miss the tamas that we've lost, but especially their owners :) Everyone in this group is so great!

No, I haven't. Refresh my memory - How is the ROM test performed?
I haven't ever done one myself, but Binary says they can be performed on most any tamagotchi by pushing down all the buttons, including the reset button, at the same time.

Apparently this will reset your tamagotchi from the start, but it should become clear whether the ROM is damaged or okay.

You might also want to check the sensitivity of the sound wires; if one is nearly loose but not completely, a certain phenomenon called "sensetive wire" might apply to your tamagotchi.

The tamagotchi will then stimulantously reset and glitch, show weird screens and play strange tunes and whatnot, whenever there is the slightest pressure to the sound wires. (Such as the tamagotchi's plastic body itself.)

This can be tested by unscrewing the tamagotchi's first layer of safety screws - the four ones under the battery cover, and doing this:

#Attatch the tamagotchis battery to it's place either by a piece of tape or a finger. Check how the tama works.

#Now try gently poking the sound wires at their attatchment places with a finger, push gently. If the tamagotchi resets or starts to glitch at this, the wies are sensetive, and the defectively attatched one must be pulled out.

If you don't know which one is causing the mishap - pull out both.

The problem might be fixed by re-soldering them securely, it might not. If soldering does not fix the tamagotchi, let the sound wires be out, and you'r tama will be mute but otherwise working.

I would suggest you do both an ROM test and try the wires.

And oh, I've never done an ROM test myself, so if you want more info about it, you should probably ask Binary. :p

I hope you get your tama to work again, I detest it when things are broken. -_-

Good luck! :D

Thank you, Jokus. :)

That was pretty neat (really difficult to press all of the buttons and the reset button at once, though XD)

It tested the pixels, then did a ROM test. It said "ROM OK" which I am going to assume means it's isn't corrupted.

I tested the sound wires next. Poking one of the wires did make the Tamagotchi reset. It looks like it was half pulled out already.

I pulled it completely out. I'll see if I can get someone solder it back on later today.

Pulling the wire seems to have stopped the glitchy screen, which is good. (The ROM test did restart the Tamagotchi from the start, I see. No Download or Reset option, just the floaty egg that prompts me to input the time and date.)

I guess a faulty wire was the cause of the whole thing! I've never heard of that happening before. I learned something new today. XD

When I fix the wire, I think I might rejoin the hatch. :3

Thank you, Jokus. :)

That was pretty neat (really difficult to press all of the buttons and the reset button at once, though XD)

It tested the pixels, then did a ROM test. It said "ROM OK" which I am going to assume means it's isn't corrupted.

I tested the sound wires next. Poking one of the wires did make the Tamagotchi reset. It looks like it was half pulled out already.

I pulled it completely out. I'll see if I can get someone solder it back on later today.

Pulling the wire seems to have stopped the glitchy screen, which is good. (The ROM test did restart the Tamagotchi from the start, I see. No Download or Reset option, just the floaty egg that prompts me to input the time and date.)

I guess a faulty wire was the cause of the whole thing! I've never heard of that happening before. I learned something new today. XD

When I fix the wire, I think I might rejoin the hatch. :3
Glad to hear you figured it out (even if I'm too dumb to understand all the techy stuff)! It would be great to have you back in the hatch again, do you think you'll be able to get Clay back? Milo and I miss hearing about him but of course we would also be excited to welcome his "heir" if you don't manage to download Clay!

Glad to hear you figured it out (even if I'm too dumb to understand all the techy stuff)! It would be great to have you back in the hatch again, do you think you'll be able to get Clay back? Milo and I miss hearing about him but of course we would also be excited to welcome his "heir" if you don't manage to download Clay!
The ROM Test resets the Tamagotchi back to factory defaults, so Clay is unfortunately gone forever

His successor will join. :)

I'm so glad your tama was fixed, although I'm sad to hear it's resetted.

I actually learnt about the sensetive wire glitch myself two days ago, by some fault and error testing, and refusing to accept the fact that my first ever tamagotchi could be broken. But that's another story.

Anyway, I'm happy to know that we can re-join this hatch together! :D

Then my tama won't be the only baby in comparision to everyone else's, lol. :p

Rene1.jpg

and I'm back in the hatch! XD

I decided on the name "Rene" before I hatched the new egg because it is a gender neutral name and means "reborn". I think that fits quite well.

Rene is... a boy! :)

Hopefully I can make it through this time without any nasty glitch-related surprises. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back