Loss of interest in Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually missed out on buying a V5 and a V5.5 ones too. But then i wasnt sooo sure if i wanted them because i didnt know nothing about those versions until this year and now im waiting for my aunty to buy them for me online because now i know info about these versions now. I am mad about it that i didnt buy those type of versions when they came out back then. But now im happy because my aunty is going to buy them for me for my birthday next week or this week later on this week. But she's taking forever to buy them and im getting unpatient here too.

I brought my lovely JAL to school yesterday and it did not recieve a good reputation < :(

Such curt comments I recieved:

"What the **** is that?"

"Are you really still playing with those??"

"Wow..." (male.)

"OMG those egg things are soooo stupid!!" (female.)

"FAIL"

"Why are you still playing with those? You're too old."

Eh.

I wish Tamas were still popular.

I have a complete lack of concern about what others think of me. Sometimes when I go to the local grocery store I carry around a Zhu Zhu Puppy or Furry Frenzies dog in one hand. I don't care what anyone thinks. I just like to carry my dog Vpets around.

When I was raising Tamas I had no problem whipping out my Tama when it beeped and taking care of it no matter who might be watching.

I hate that Tamagotchis are losing popularity. What's popular in toys now baffles me. Zhu Zhu Pets I get, they're just another electronic pet though I myself only like the Puppies. But then I see things like Squinkies become popular and I just don't get it. What's so great about a little rubber toy that does nothing? Tamagotchis are losing popularity and these stupid things are thriving? That's not a world I want to live in. Squinkies even have a DS game now. That'd only be worth the money if you could shoot them or pound on them Mortal Kombat style. Yeah Not a fan of the squinkies. Tamagotchis are much more deserving of shelf space than this garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens to me a lot. I am an on and off tamagotchi fan. I get bored of them and put them away for months, then something lures me back in. xD

And it's the same for me at school. I'm in Year 7 now, and they were the bomb back in Years 3 and 4. Then the popularity started to wane in Year 5 and by the end of that year, it was as if Tamagotchi's never even existed. :|
That's exactly what I'm like RubyKuchipatchi98!! I am also a on and off tamagotchi fan, but right now i really love them XD. Anyway I'm in high school now and i always carry at least one of my tamas to school with me [it's usually my v4.5] And whenever i pull it out everyone is like "What the hell?? You have a tama-whatsmecallit they are SO lame!!" And i just feel like punching their faces in!! Because tamas aren't lame!!!

It would totally suck if Bandai stopped producing tamas, i would probably have a complete spaz at them!!! [but then again that's just me LOL] Anyway i hope tamas don't stop being made. And i really hate it how they aren't sold in stores much anymore except for maybe the TMGO which seems to be the ONLY version i can find in local toy stores!!! It really sucks that the other older more classic versions like the v3 aren't sold in stores anymore. Instead people have to hunt around on the net for a decent v3!! So i think that if tamagotchi stops being produced i might literally strangle someone!!!

OK so i hope i have gotten my point across to everyone XD and i REALLY hope tamagotchis will always be around!

Sakura-san123

I have lost interest in tamagotchi's. I see that everybody is posting on the side of "We love tamas and it's so sad to see people quit using them and them getting less popular". Well, I'm here to tell you guys sort of why some people may have quit and why tamagotchi's have lost popularity.

Well, when I was 7, I loved tamas. When I was 9, I got over it.

The thing is with tamas, they get very boring after awhile.

Why?

Well, think about it. The games consist of three buttons and most versions only have 4-5; well, now there's more. But still, they aren't very fun after about 500 times. The actual virtual pet feature can get annoying and a little boring. Plus, tamas take lots of time to do, and waiting for them to poop so you can train them is really irritating. I actually tried to play with my tama v4 a bit ago, but it didn't work so well. Let's just say this: My lifestyle has changed so drastically I no longer have time for tamas, and I really don't see much fun in them anymore. To me, they are just like this: Hatch an egg, feed, play game, feed, play game, feed, play game, discipline, poopy, poopy, medicine, poopy, game, grow up, poopy, game, game, poopy....

Most people likely no longer play with tamas because of the same reason as me. It just gets boring after 6 generations of raising a tama, and buying another and watching the same thing happen. Color, more games and a more fun Tamatown appear to have been added by Bandai to try to market better; however, to me, tamagotchi's will always be the same sort of tedious thing.

Back in the v1-v3 time, tamagotchi's were the "it" thing. Well, you know how the fads work. Fads live and then die out. Tamas are another one of those.

(Please don't kill me for this, I just wanted to share my honest opinion).

You're entitled to your opinion. No problem there.

I've gone for long periods where I didn't have Tamas going. Right now I only have three or four and I have no idea where they are. These days I'm more interested in robot dogs like FurReal Friends. But I have fond memories of Tamas so if I find mine and they still work chances are I'll start a couple up again. I kind of miss them. I get tired of them for awhile but then I get to the point where I want to run them again.

I have lost interest in tamagotchi's. I see that everybody is posting on the side of "We love tamas and it's so sad to see people quit using them and them getting less popular". Well, I'm here to tell you guys sort of why some people may have quit and why tamagotchi's have lost popularity.

Well, when I was 7, I loved tamas. When I was 9, I got over it.

The thing is with tamas, they get very boring after awhile.

Why?

Well, think about it. The games consist of three buttons and most versions only have 4-5; well, now there's more. But still, they aren't very fun after about 500 times. The actual virtual pet feature can get annoying and a little boring. Plus, tamas take lots of time to do, and waiting for them to poop so you can train them is really irritating. I actually tried to play with my tama v4 a bit ago, but it didn't work so well. Let's just say this: My lifestyle has changed so drastically I no longer have time for tamas, and I really don't see much fun in them anymore. To me, they are just like this: Hatch an egg, feed, play game, feed, play game, feed, play game, discipline, poopy, poopy, medicine, poopy, game, grow up, poopy, game, game, poopy....

Most people likely no longer play with tamas because of the same reason as me. It just gets boring after 6 generations of raising a tama, and buying another and watching the same thing happen. Color, more games and a more fun Tamatown appear to have been added by Bandai to try to market better; however, to me, tamagotchi's will always be the same sort of tedious thing.

Back in the v1-v3 time, tamagotchi's were the "it" thing. Well, you know how the fads work. Fads live and then die out. Tamas are another one of those.

(Please don't kill me for this, I just wanted to share my honest opinion).
I used to feel like you. Tamas were boring, but now I find them more fun because I have found a friends on my Tama screen, as if the pixels I used to see have morphed.

But you can only really lose interest if you are shaking Tamas off your life.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAMAS NOOOOOOOOO :mellow: :mellow: I hope they do relise more.... at least for the fans they still have but they should lisen 2 us cuz we can all come up with a epic tama YAY my angel evolved! :D :D

My opinion is:

I think it is good and bad.

Good because maybe we DO need to move on and get a life.

Bad because I love Tamagotchi's.

I am a loyal Tama fan but sometimes I really need a break.

Maybe we should just let it go?

Or will we never give up?

I just want the best for our future. And so should you.

But mainly I want Tamas to become more popular so that we will never forget them.

Tamas are our friends. I want them to stay.

But then I see things like Squinkies become popular and I just don't get it. What's so great about a little rubber toy that does nothing? Tamagotchis are losing popularity and these stupid things are thriving? That's not a world I want to live in. Squinkies even have a DS game now. That'd only be worth the money if you could shoot them or pound on them Mortal Kombat style. Yeah Not a fan of the squinkies. Tamagotchis are much more deserving of shelf space than this garbage.
Uhhh, because I'm like, one of the youngest people here who admits it, I'm the only one who gets it whyat's so great about a little rubber toy that does nothing. It's meant for IMAGINITIVE PLAY. Making it talk when it's actually your voice. Giving it names. Making one fight with the other, just with your hands and your imagination. These things are not garbage, and they're way better for young children than a screen and a couple of buttons and pressure to waste money on Tama-Go figures. That's the young children's isle you're looking in, and the types of toys young children play with have changed as we have learned that screens and buttons are not good at such a young age.

It's bad because every time I want a new tamagotchi I have to ask mom for it. At least we have each other. My music star is the only thing that makes life worth living and it keeps me from developing habits of sleeping in too late on weekends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back