Love.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Well, yes. I agree with this post. I love my friends, family, music, and such.~ It's just, love is... I don't know. Love is. Love is something I can't explain well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a cliche question. But I'm curious. It really comes down to what you define as love.
My answer is really long and complicated, I might type it out later, but in conclusion:

No. I don't. Or, I don't believe I'll ever find it.

Everyone contradicts me on this, so I want to hear people out.
I really don't no. But every1 sees me as a weirdo, so im not attractive at my school. But then agin y would i care!? I don't have a crush on any1! The kind of love im focussing on is the kind u get out of friendship! So yea............. :D

On second thoughts, with the right person, at the right time, yes.

When they want to bash your near-murderer. <3 Mikey.

And now, I'm about to make an incredibly controversial statement. If you truly do not believe in or are not experiencing any kind of love, you're living a relatively pointless existence. And you cannot ever possibly be truly happy, unless you learn to love something.
I agree with you. :) ^^

I believe with love.

Without love, you cannot live.

You are not truly alive if you do not love.

Physically you exist, but that's it.

There is a difference between existing and being alive.

Spiritually there is something missing.

You aren't a whole person or a whole soul without love or the ability to love.

And if you don't believe in something then you wont ever have that ability.

Love exists as long as your willing to find it. It's in everything, and in everyone. Every person in the world is capable of loving someone.

I know this because I have loved, and have hurt, but when your in love...it's the mots beautiful feeling ever.

The only BAD thing about love is that it can break you. It can break you down into millions of pieces.

It's something we feel, so does it truly "exist" physically? Sure it does. Love can be anything.

The love between two living things though, its extremely beautiful. It isn't physically floating around, for everyone to see, but they can feel it.

That's how powerful love is.

I hope that made sense. :$

I agree. I'm also a Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the biggest example of love. Better yet, He IS love. There's no doubt about that. He willingly gave himself up for His people and went through brutal, excruciating torture so that his people wouldn't have to pay the penalty for their sins against Him, even though He was completely and totally innocent of any sin whatsoever. That, my friends, is love. :eek:

Respectfully,

Ripcurl

I personally think of love as an animal instinct, something our hormones produce to continue reproduction.

"Love is like magic. But doesn't magic always turn out to be an illusion?" -- Quote by some person.

And that's why I like love between family and friends, because it isn't based on lust, and natural instinct. It's a genuine human emotion. Even though I've only had glimpses of it.

Probably.

When two people are bound together, romantically or not, when their hearts are tied together so tightly they can't bear to see the other hurt, when one cares abuot someone so much that nothing else in the world matters to them, it can't be just a chemical reaction in one's body, it can't just be something that doesn't exist, that isn't there. When someone is so lost in someone else's heart that they don't even pay attention their own, when someone is willing to lay down their life just for the preservation of someone else, it has to prove something. Without love, there are no people. We, all of us, are designed to love and be loved. It is up to us whether or not to believe it's there, it's up to us whether or not we want to try to find it. And, obviously, when we don't, whether it's a family kind of love, a friendship kind of love, or someone that your are madly in love with, if we don't have that, then we don't have anything.

Ultimately, love is one with humanity, and if humanity is a lie, then so are all of us.

I personally think of love as an animal instinct, something our hormones produce to continue reproduction.
"Love is like magic. But doesn't magic always turn out to be an illusion?" -- Quote by some person.

And that's why I like love between family and friends, because it isn't based on lust, and natural instinct. It's a genuine human emotion. Even though I've only had glimpses of it.
What do you mean you've only had glimpses?

What do you mean you've only had glimpses?
What I meant by that, is that I don't think I feel it as much as I should. Almost none of my RL "friends" ever receive that love. I do feel it for my family for the most part, and even for my sister-- Although I'm pretty much positive she doesn't love me back. That's okay, I guess. She's happy like that, so that's really all that matters.

The sad thing is that I feel love for you all, because I trust you. That sucks. Like, how I feel more loved online than I do in RL.

Well, I wouldn't be too willing to trust people online, even on TT. I'm sure you know that, but it's a good thing to point out all the same.

Love between 2 people I don't think exsists, but love between parents and there children are the strongest bonds in the world.

I have a theory that I can't explain in words but it works in my head.

I do believe in love!

I do!

I do!

I think that, there will be someone special in your life, and you have to make the decision as to whether or not you're going to believe that they are. :]

For example, if a man proposes to a women, if the women knows she really, truely loves the man, she will say yes. But, if you don't believe in love, you can hardly say yes without thinking the marriage is a waste.

Another example: I hate having arguements, or seeing my friends in arguements. I can't stand my friends or family hurting, I love them sosososo much I would much rather bear their hurt then let them have to suffer with it.

If that makes much sense? S:

But to answer, your question, yes. I very much do believe in love, romantic or not. [:

Edit: I left out 'without'. Honestly. The things I do to make sure this post it perfect... :/

Half-believe in it.

You can fall in love, but you can never fall out. Real love lasts forever, and if it were real love, you wouldn't have stopped 'loving' them.

Yes. I believe that love exists. How can it not?

We've seen it exampled just from the basic human nature.

I personally define Love as an emotion. But yet something a little bit more

special and personal then that. We all experiance it. We all feel 'love' towards our family...Boyfriends, girlfriends, wifes, husbands, distant family, and so on.

To say that love is imaginary doesn't make any sense to me.

If love does not exist...Then what is that feeling we get that is so much different then any other? Simply. It is love.

Besides. If love does not exist then do our emotions exist either?

Half-believe in it.
You can fall in love, but you can never fall out. Real love lasts forever, and if it were real love, you wouldn't have stopped 'loving' them.
Who's to say that love lasts forever?

Personally I think 'True love' is a myth.

But I think 'love' is real.

Nobody can always love someone all the time.

Just like how someone can't be happy all the time, or sad, mad, etc.

Thats just how I see it in my opinion though.

Teehee.

It's totally false, I'm tellin' ya. Love is just a shade of hate.

Just kidding. I believe in it. But I think true love as some young adults' books seem to portray it isn't very realistic. That's more of fantasy love, I guess.

I don't believe in fantasy love. However just 'love' and 'true love' seem real enough to me.

EDIT: I um... >_> I felt like editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back