Love

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

§pider°croft

Reaction score
whats your opinion on Love? definition? age?

My own definition of love is from Naruto xD aha: Love is the spirit of devoting yourself to someone important and close to you. It is expressed by caring for and protecting that person..

And yes, I believe anyone can love someone, but it takes grown up's, or at least two mature, emotionally grown people can be truly In love...

I kind of agree with what you said.

As far as the Naruto phrase, I do agree with that.

Anybody can love someone, but being IN love is a different story.

I feel to be IN love, you have to be a mature person. I don't believe age has any actual thing to do with it, just your maturity level both mentally and emotionally. I also believe that as a child or a young person, you may love a certain someone, but as you grow older, you do become IN love with that person, as you mature.

~Mew

I feel to be IN love, you have to be a mature person. I don't believe age has any actual thing to do with it, just your maturity level both mentally and emotionally. I also believe that as a child or a young person, you may love a certain someone, but as you grow older, you do become IN love with that person, as you mature.
Exactly. Well put.

And I can't stand when people are not ready for it and they jump all over this guy/girl and end up with a broken heart. Love takes time to bloom. You know, start out as friends with someone and then maybe something will develop.

Exactly. Well put.
And I can't stand when people are not ready for it and they jump all over this guy/girl and end up with a broken heart. Love takes time to bloom. You know, start out as friends with someone and then maybe something will develop.
I agree, love just happens, it should never be forced. It takes time.

Love is indescrible to me. The most amazing feeling you can feel, yet you just can't put it in words.

I believe any one can love.

Love is everything.

As for age, like I said, I believe any one can love. It can be a six year old and their cat, or an old couple still holding hands.

I love seeing people in love. I love seeing people just love.

<3

Love is indescrible to me. The most amazing feeling you can feel, yet you just can't put it in words. I believe any one can love.

Love is everything.

As for age, like I said, I believe any one can love. It can be a six year old and their cat, or an old couple still holding hands.

I love seeing people in love. I love seeing people just love.

<3
This. <3

Love is amazing. It can make you happy, sad, scared - you can feel every emotion through love.

Love is everything. You can be deeply in love with someone, or dearly love someone. It's just a beautiful thing and an amazing experience.

I agree with all the above posts.

As long as two people are mature mentally and emotionally, and are sure that it isn't completely lust (for example, if the other person were to get really ugly plastic surgery. Would the other still love them? And lust for a partner is fine in my opinion, as long as there's plenty of love to balance it out), then it is love. The romantic kind, anyway.

Platonic love, I believe, is much more simplier. It can be returned or not returned, but it hurts a lot less if not returned than compared to romantic love. Platonic love, I also think, grows faster than romantic.

Last year in language arts, we compared love to a flower. It's gentle and delicate, and yields beautiful results when carefully cared for and tended to, but can die easily if you neglect it or force it.

Agreed with pretty much everything said.

And there's also a difference between loving your favorite toy and loving your spouse... that sort of thing. True love (the spouse kind): abandoning your will for another. :)

~SkyCrystal

I hate fourteen year-old scene kids who write in their msn screen names about how in love they are with their boyfriend that they started dating a week prior.

^ Oh yeah, I hate that SO much! They're like "so in love" even though they act more like friends and stuff. They it's just cool to say they're "dating".

I have never had a boyfriend before (if you don't count internet ones or one you had when you were like 5) but I've liked this guy for a year now. I used to hate him, then he got ok, then I started liking him and I could say I love him now. But I won't tell him, I know he doesn't want me... I'm happy if he's happy. Though it makes me cry and die a little inside. :'( Why do I like him, you say? We danced once in school. Sounds stupid, but really, he seemed like a whole different person. So nice, so happy... Normally he's not like that. But now that I saw him like that, I can't forget!

^ Love is patient, love is kind.. ;]
You honestly have no idea how much that made me smile. <3

Me and my friend are talking about love on msn. She has now got me into my rant phase.

To sum it up, love can rescue you and destroy you. Crush you and fix you.

I like this topic. I have a feeling that if it keeps going, I'll be constantly in and out expressing my opinion. xD

I can't put love into words, it's just a feeling for me. A very strong, powerful feeling. The best feeling ever. :D

I hate fourteen year-old scene kids who write in their msn screen names about how in love they are with their boyfriend that they started dating a week prior.
Oh same.

That sort of stuff makes them more immature than they already are.

I think love is what everyone needs.

Without love, life wouldn't be the same.

I've never been IN love.

But I love lots of people. & Animals ( :

As the Beatles said, "All you need is love"

One of the more blissful pleasures in life, that we all have a bit of, and deserve.

It's either one of the most wonderful feelings in the world, or a painful truth that crushes you under its foot like an insect.

It all has to do with playing your cards right. (;

I don't really see love as an emotion. That's the problem with a lot of people today and I think that this is why a lot of marriages fail. I see love as a strong commitment to another person. Sure, those warm fuzzy feelings are there, no doubt about that, but things are going to be difficult sometimes, and those warm fuzzies aren't going to be there. When this happens, people just want to move on to the next person cause they don't "love" the other person anymore. This isn't love. People who are truly in love are willing to be devoted to one another even through the difficult times. After all, when you're married, you take vows to that special someone. "In sickness and in health, for better or for worse, till death do you part." :D

This is from my MyPraise account.

Love, is a sign that if you say "I love you" to another person, it means more than that. It means (If said to nonrelated person) that you are ready to get married and be with that person until death come upon you. Love isn't hateful, love never betrays or hates. Love is a wonderful thing, if you think everything comes back to love. It is everything. We as humans need to love one another like we should love ourselves. We need to embrace this, and our world will be a better place. If everybody loved one another, would there be war and hatred? If everybody loved... The people would be like one body, working perfectly in harmony with one another. We have to love to embrace love, so do so in the name of Jesus Christ.

Put this in a blog of yours to spread the word.

I belive I love a special someone.. But I'm not telling who.

As far as romantic love, I think it's the strongest feeling you've ever felt for someone before, regardless of age.

If you "love" someone at age 12, you're allowed to "love" them, and then that love can be trumped at age 15, when you "love" someone in what you see to be a way stronger than how you've ever felt before.

I hate when other people decide they can measure other people's love based on their own experiences. It's all in comparison to how YOU feel/felt.

Friendship/family love, i think is simpler, and I've never really thought about it THAT deeply. I think it's when you truely care for that other person's well being in a way where you are deeply affected by their pain/problems. Loving a friend, is like committing to the friendship in a way that is different than just someone you talk to and hang out with sometimes.

I think you know you love someone (romantically or as a family member/friend) when you can't imagine life without them. Anyone can love, regardless of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back