Lump Under Armpit

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire.Fly

Reaction score
Well, I am a 13 year old girl and I found a hard lump under my armpit. It is red and hurts quite a bit. I can move it from side to side.

I thought it was a spot so I squeezed it and some gunk came out but I got scared and stopped. The lump is still there.

Does it sound like a cancer lump?

Or is it just a cyst or ingrown hair??

Should I squeeze it again?

I would suggest telling your parents about it. If it worries you that much where you are wanting advice on what to do, where better to go than your parents. I have a hunch that it is just a pimple that hasn't been noticed for a while. Try squeezing it and getting all the stuff out, put some peroxide on it, and let it heal. If it doesn't go away, then you should definitely tell your parents about it and get it examined by a professional.

Good luck,

RC

Squeeze it and pour Hydrogen peroxide on it. Definitely tell your parents. Hope it gets better!

Hmmmm, I would tell your parents first thing. Then if they say you should squeeze it, squeeze it.

It should not be anything minor.

Hope I helped

Well, I am a 13 year old girl and I found a hard lump under my armpit. It is red and hurts quite a bit. I can move it from side to side.
I thought it was a spot so I squeezed it and some gunk came out but I got scared and stopped. The lump is still there.

Does it sound like a cancer lump?

Or is it just a cyst or ingrown hair??

Should I squeeze it again?
Squeeze it till all the gunk comes out xD no , just kiddin'. Um , maybe its a pimple!?

The others said what I was gonna say. It's probably a zit. I suggest telling your folks.

-Temari Nara

It is almost certainly an infected hair folicle. It's very similar to a zit, and because your hairs are thicker in your armpit, you notice them more easily. I had one a long time ago, and I just got all the infection out and treated it with peroxide and rubbing alcohol. It takes a while to go away completely, but it will eventually. It may even leave a tiny little hard spot under your skin for awhile after its gone, like a scar tissue blob. If you can stand the pain, try to pluck the hair out of the middle of it, sometimes it helps to allow the infection to drain.

[SIZE=8pt]I would give it a few days... squeezing it and putting hydrogen peroxide on it. if it doesn't go away (or get smaller/less painful) in a few days, then tell your parents and have them set up a doctor's appointment for you[/SIZE]

It is almost certainly an infected hair folicle. It's very similar to a zit, and because your hairs are thicker in your armpit, you notice them more easily. I had one a long time ago, and I just got all the infection out and treated it with peroxide and rubbing alcohol. It takes a while to go away completely, but it will eventually. It may even leave a tiny little hard spot under your skin for awhile after its gone, like a scar tissue blob. If you can stand the pain, try to pluck the hair out of the middle of it, sometimes it helps to allow the infection to drain.
Yeah last one I had was the size of a golf ball almost and it took 2 hours to drain all the nasty stuff out and clean it. I know you guys are thinking "OMG Ewww!" And I agree it was annoying, but it was worse before it decided to let me pop it. It was so painful to my move my whole arm. They are not fun but once you got it drained that part of the battle is over. Keeping it clean and letting it go away is the next step. If it worsens definitely follow everyone else's advice and see a doctor and let your parents know.

Does that mean to avoid this problem should we shave armpit hair? and how do we get this infection?

Does that mean to avoid this problem should we shave armpit hair? and how do we get this infection?
Shaving the hair doesn't eliminate the root of the hair. The Hair follicle itself is the culprit to the one to getting infected. If you get them often it's best to just clean better there when you're in the bath or shower, or maybe using some antibacterial soap. It's not 100% preventing but stuff happens ;)

No, it's just like getting a zit, but the infection happens down in the follicle where the hair grows out of instead. You don't have to be unclean to get one, either, it just happens sometimes. Don't worry about it, human bodies do this stuff all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back