Lunar Eclipse!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Paw

Reaction score
This is for all Australians in Queensland and I think other areas but I'm not sure.

It's 7:35 PM right now and in about an hour, there will be a lunar eclipse. The moon will turn blood red!

It started at 7:10 but hasn't turns red yet.

I hope those who want to watch it, enjoy it.

I'll be watching =]

I am in Australia but not in QLD.

It looks really good. It is getting really red!

I missed it already. I live in Minnesota and it was in mid-transit of the Earth's umbra at 5:30 AM. I was really mad with myself because the next one happens in February of next year which is quite some time to wait.

I know, and it was SO cool! :)

I saw it at 4:53- 5:50 in Ontario, Canada.

My dad woke me up, and it was amazing.

The moon was split into 2 parts it seems, and it was a neon orange at the end.

The next Lunar Eclipse will happen sometime this February.

Here's an Article on the Eclipse

[SIZE=8pt]I'm not in Aussie, but I do know that on August 1st of 2008, there will be a solar eclipse! (where all the planets line up and make pretty colors in the sky)[/SIZE] :)

[SIZE=8pt]I'm not in Aussie, but I do know that on August 1st of 2008, there will be a solar eclipse! (where all the planets line up and make pretty colors in the sky)[/SIZE] :)
That's not a Solar Eclipse.

A solar eclipse is when the moon passes infront of the sun, exposing it's corona. The sky will become dark except for any unnatural light and the corona.

The planets have never aligned in history (All eight of them, atleast).

I was gonna stay up all night for it... (it's at 2:53 for us!) but then I decided to sleep then wake up. Gr stupid me! I woke up too late! Grahh missed it! :huh: me so sad :)

For me, it happened at 5:00 this morning. :blink: I was at my grandmas, so me, her, and my brother all woke up very early and watched it. I wish it would go pitch black, but the sun was already starting to rise so it wasn't that dark.

......................................................i can't believe i skipped it................wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! T.T

It was amazing.

I watched almost all of it.

Isn't a solar eclipse the one you can't see with the naked eye?

I saw it and taped it and photographed it. it was amazing i loved it and i could put the video up if you want and on monday the 27th of august in australia qld at 12:30am Mars was as big or even bigger than the moon in the sky that was amazing to taped it to so if you want me to put the two videos up i need at least ten votes :eek:

It was really good! The moon went blood red. I had a perfect view from my back yard. I was only told that day at school and later by my friend on AIM but I watched all of it, it was so cool. I am really glad I didn't miss it!

I saw it and taped it and photographed it. it was amazing i loved it and i could put the video up if you want and on monday the 27th of august in australia qld at 12:30am Mars was as big or even bigger than the moon in the sky that was amazing to taped it to so if you want me to put the two videos up i need at least ten votes :D
The Mars thing was false. I've already researched about it, and it's pretty much impossible.

You can see a solar eclipse with the naked eye I think. But you really shouldn't look directly at it with the naked eye considering the corona is still exposed and it would be like staring at the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back