Malware-Scanner.com?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi999

Reaction score
When I was on MySpace A friend sent me a message and I was going to reply until I got redirected to this one site called malware-scanner.com.....

It said that I have a billion infections and I only have 300,000 files.....

Then Norton's Auto-Protect turned on and then it said Auto-Protect has blocked Download.Mislead.App...

Weird.....

If I had McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus installed it would block the site...

When I was on MySpace A friend sent me a message and I was going to reply until I got redirected to this one site called malware-scanner.com.....It said that I have a billion infections and I only have 300,000 files.....

Then Norton's Auto-Protect turned on and then it said Auto-Protect has blocked Download.Mislead.App...

Weird.....

Do not fall for those. It's the same like those popups that says. "ATTENTION! You may have a virus! Come here for a free virus check!"

Seems like Norton protected you from a faulty malaware trap. I was victum to a malaware called "Virtual Bouncer" which was very bad. Got rid of it.

I suggest you just delete the popup. You never know when one 'virus destroyer' may ruin your hardware.

Arrgh, too many big words and phrases hurting my brain!!!! ATTACK OF THE TINY BRAIN CELLS!!! TAKE COVER!!!

haha, just kidding.

Anyways, it's probably just a scam. I suggest you take T*L and sm.exe's advice.

When I was on MySpace A friend sent me a message and I was going to reply until I got redirected to this one site called malware-scanner.com.....It said that I have a billion infections and I only have 300,000 files.....

Weird.....

Well most people know whenever it says you have a billion viruses or some form of exaggeration, you know it's just attempting to redirect you to get spyware or other warez in your system. Same thing when you see those ads blinking that you won a prize, or need to make repairs. They're pretty easy to see they aren't a message on your computer but just an ad.

All in all, if it looks fishy, ignore it and move on. I suggest doing a complete virus and spyware check with programs you know work to get rid of. Even if Norton said otherwise. Sounds like your computer's norton did it's job though and prevented any further troubles.

Well most people know whenever it says you have a billion viruses or some form of exaggeration, you know it's just attempting to redirect you to get spyware or other warez in your system. Same thing when you see those ads blinking that you won a prize, or need to make repairs. They're pretty easy to see they aren't a message on your computer but just an ad.
All in all, if it looks fishy, ignore it and move on. I suggest doing a complete virus and spyware check with programs you know work to get rid of. Even if Norton said otherwise. Sounds like your computer's norton did it's job though and prevented any further troubles.
^-^ It think they might be giving you a couple million viruses xD

^-^ It think they might be giving you a couple million viruses xD
What norton would give you viruses? I don't think so. I haven't had any viruses that got past my Norton Internet Security 2007. I believe you are mistakened if that's what you meant, your post seemed a bit unclear.

If you meant my statement about one's advertised like an ad on a website is true and will give you problems, then yes you are just echoing my thoughts exactly. Spyware, Malware, adware, it's all annoying and/or not healthy for a computer.

In the end, your post needs to be more clear. If I had viruses I'd kind of know it. I scan for them every few weeks :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back