Marzipan's Tamagotchi Log // Quarter-life Crisis edition

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your blog entries. Your first one was well written!

I am THIS CLOSE to getting a V4 from Amazon. It's blue.

It would be my first vintage Tamagotchi, but I'm really excited.

Do you know what Tamagotchis the connection V4 connects to (what a jumble of words)?

Also, when you wrote about entering high school and being "too old," for them, just know that NOTHING SHOULD

STOP ANYONE FROM DOING WHAT THEY LOVE. I'm a graduating freshman and even if my best friend is telling me

that I could recolor them by burning them black, I still use em. You're never too old for your personal enjoyment. :wub:

I honestly look forward to seeing more of your posts!

My only experience is with v1 up to v4.5 and if memory serves correctly I could connect any of them with the others. Some of the characters don't show up correctly but I believe that was the only "issue". V3s and V4s were my favorites, so I think you should get one and try it out!! It's such a good mix of an old school tama and a newer one without getting too complicated.

And thank you so much :lol: I definitely agree with you. High school was a rough time for me in a lot of ways haha but college life and beyond has taught me that it's totally okay to love the things you love, no matter what age demographic they were "meant" for.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to go for Togetchi. I couldn't resist that little furball. This meant that Bok enrolled with Ms. Flower- he was very excited to start school!

g3fOK4J.jpg
ILykneR.jpg

And...uh... turns out I am horrible at the Dance game which gives me the points I need. I don't know if it's an old device being a touch laggy or if my adult fingers aren't as good at pressing the buttons as they used to be, but I'm horrible. Looks like we're going to be frequenting the school a lot!

JvW02bX.jpg
GDgOOfV.jpg

Anyway, here's some pictures of Bok being a responsible fireball and brushing his teeth. Dental hygiene is important!

LEfvmYT.jpg
cnfqhuC.jpg

I also can't get enough of his close up sprites. I really love that you can just press c on the v4s to get them to come up close to the screen! I'm going on a little staycation for the weekend so this will probably be my last update until Monday. Haven't decided whether or not to leave Bok behind for the weekend or not, so he might still be a cute little ball of fire come Monday, we'll see! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did end up pausing Bok this weekend. I wanted to really focus on vacation, and I knew that if I brought my tama I would not be focusing as much on either the tama or the vacation as I would want. Back at it today though!

iJPhbvZ.jpg
TyBEFzt.jpg

I do have some pictures from Friday before I left though! The king gifted us a fishing pole, which unfortunately turned out to be just a tin can. Bok was quite displeased that all of his hard work was in vain.

X5Fbv9q.jpg

To cheer him up I let him play with a ball, however he didn't seem to like that too terribly much either! Perhaps he has no balance because of his lack of feet? :p

Yesterday Bok grew up into a Togetchi! :)

Bjnh2Am.jpg

We built some blocks and have been playing lots of games waiting to get our job assignment. It should come today!

jabUJ9V.jpg
c8UmF3M.jpg

Some other tama related news:

- I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was able to find a great deal on some tamas from Facebook marketplace. Unfortunately, after I purchased the items, the seller ghosted me and never sent them. All is well, I got my money back from paypal, but that was a frustrating ordeal.

- I am searching the market for a v3, and I'm hoping to purchase one soon. I miss the connection part of my tamagotchi connections haha, it'll be fun to throw another tama in the mix!

I did end up purchasing a light blue V3 from the Tamagotchi Traders facebook page. I was having a pretty crummy day yesterday and decided to do a little retail therapy. It'll arrive next week. Back in the day (dang that makes me sound old) I always had at least two tamagotchis running. Looking forward to being able to connect them again!

The matchmaker decided to come this morning to offer Bok a potential love connection. Unfortunately I did not have my phone on me to take a picture of my little Bok falling in love, but the Matchmaker brought a Mimitchi and it was love at first sight!

cubFCJk.jpg

Bok is now the proud papa to a girl, which I'm excited about after two generations of boys :)

My V3 came in the mail this weekend so while I did start it up and play with it for a little while, I ended up keeping my tamas on pause for most of the weekend.

JBeXqsz.jpg

On my V3, I now have a Mizutamatchi. I'm pretty excited to have a tamagotchi where care affects the growth, something that's pretty lacking from the V4. Upon looking up growth charts, there's also odd/even specific adults and teens which is pretty cool. You learn something new every day.

Wrnb2sz.jpg

Mizutamatchi's name is Lyra. I decided to go with a book character theme for this tama, since I have an alphabetical theme on the other one. For some reason I have a need to have a naming theme for every tamagotchi I own. I really enjoy the games on the V3 (much better than the V4). The music notes one in particular is really easy to get the maximum score on.

FDs04xE.jpg

On my V4, I have a Puchitchi named Cocoa. Guessing that I'll wind up in the Meme family again, but it would be nice to get Mame for this generation! We'll just have to wait and see on the teen phase.

egc31mi.jpg

My desk at work has a handy sliding drawer that I store them during the day. It's easy to slide it out and check up on them every once in a while.

Lyra is now an Obotchi? Which I thought was a male character but I guess not! The tama wikia says that it results from very good care so that's reassuring :)

HPdTzhB.jpg
DAIw3jh.jpg

Cocoa is now a Ringotchi! I love all the tamas that resemble fruits, so that coupled with the fact that I'm now in the Mame family has me excited for what's in Cocoa's future. I had thought she wasn't going to become a teen today because she didn't evolve in the morning like they usually do (Lyra became a teen at 9am today) but she surprised me at 1pm with a change.

y6yODhv.jpg
O2bGljA.jpg

For the most part, the V3 and V4 run on the same schedule with hearts dropping and other needs, so it hasn't been too difficult to juggle them both!

While Obotchi is a male only character on the V4 (and possibly other versions it's on? idk), on Connection versions V3 and earlier all toddler, teen, and adult characters are gender neutral! So getting a girl Obotchi on your V3 is normal!!

While Obotchi is a male only character on the V4 (and possibly other versions it's on? idk), on Connection versions V3 and earlier all toddler, teen, and adult characters are gender neutral! So getting a girl Obotchi on your V3 is normal!!

Oh awesome, thanks!

Both of my girls grew up this weekend and I'm really happy with the results!

CNWxwAg.jpg
fywQ0Cj.jpg

Cocoa is a Mimichi- which I've never actually gotten before :) She's such a cute little bunny- I have been playing a lot of games of jump rope with her just because I love her jumping animation.

COdYwku.jpg
9tafh0R.jpg

Lyra is a Hanatchi, which results from below average care. To my knowledge I've been giving her at LEAST average care, if not more than that, but I'm chalking it up to me pausing them a lot this weekend. I'm not too bothered by the results, I think she's really adorable! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! For me, mine was over far too soon but it was still enjoyable :wub:

Latest posts

Back