McDonalds should be closed down!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ura#mametchi

Reaction score
I think it should.I dunno if youve seen the "supersize me" documentary which explains all of McDonalds dark secrets.tell me wat u think.

I don't think MacDonalds should be closed down just because of the "Super Size Me" documentary :)

Dark secrets?

I noticed that the documentary showed that they used fairly standard sales practices in operation all over the world today by lots of companies.

They always politely offer a larger portion to the consumer and the consumer has the option to say no. There's no pressure selling and the MacDonalds staff are well trained and (pretty much) unfailingly polite.

I also noticed that the documentary showed very clearly that you can't eat a total junk food diet without it badly affecting your health - seriously, MacDonalds for every meal, every day?

That's nuts :D ... and it's no surprise that it caused obesity and failing health. It's not exactly Rocket Science - and it's something that most people - including kids, could work out for themselves now that basic nutrition is taught in Western schools to kids from the age of about 8yrs old.

I wouldn't eat MacDonalds every day, but even if I did, I don't think that would be a good case for suing the company and asking that it be shut down :D

I think the documentary was a really good one.

It was definitely a "heads up" to everyone about the dangers of a poor diet / unvarying diet.

If MacDonalds loses some sales from it, then, in the interests of sensible, healthy eating, that's fine by me too :)

I don't think it should be closed. Eating there once in a while is fine... but you shouldn't eat there everyday,

I personally hate McDonalds, but I don't think that they should be closed down. They are like most other fast-food resteraunts: cheap, fatty, and gross. It isn't McDonald's fault that you are eating there everyday. It's your own. People should have more self control. And the excuss, "I can't afford anything but McDonald's dollar menu." doesn't cut it. Go buy yourself some Ramen.

Do you honestly think that ramen is healthier than McDonald's, Cinderpelt?? If you hate McDonald's, deal with it, because they aren't closing anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaw.. Most everyone and their dogs eats Ramen it seems. I am sick of eating Ramen. Beef Fried Rice and Curry Beef FTW. Mc Donalds don't need to be shut down, but I don't eat there.

People can eat what they want Where they want and so on.

People can eat where they want, it's not in anyone's power or even those insane animal activists like PETA's power to force people to eat at McDonalds. Personally, I have a love hate thing for McDonalds, I eat there if it's the only fast food place near by when I'm with friends around town or something, or if I'm in a hurry and want something simple.

Also, ramen is a heart attack in a bowl, while it is delicious, the bowl is either huge at some restaurants, or it isn't the best choice of ramen. Ramen is good for a once in a blue moon thing, but when comparing calories and fat, believe me, McDonalds is better to have at least once every 2 weeks, rather than having a bowl of ramen every two weeks. Believe me, in my view, ramen should only be on special occasions or something along those lines. But definitely not a weekly thing for you to eat.

Shaw.. Most everyone and their dogs eats Ramen it seems. I am sick of eating Ramen. Beef Fried Rice and Curry Beef FTW. Mc Donalds don't need to be shut down, but I don't eat there.
People can eat what they want Where they want and so on.
Ramen is nasty. I can't really stand it.....The only ramen I will eat is Beef. I don't like any Ramen at all >.> But look at the Sodium levels. They don't stop making ramen which is high in salt, so why close McDonalds which is high in fat and grease?

I myself love McDonalds, I don't eat there everyday. But they do make decent food. I like Fast food.

I would prefer them to cut down a bit of the Fat, but you do have the choice to eat it or not. That's why there is a Food Market across the road my Fast Food restraunt.

They are making billions of dollars selling this food. They ain't closing down anytime soon.

McDonald's really has absolutely no reason to be shut down. If any McDonalds is shut down, it would be because of health/cleanliness violations within that particular place.

People have the choice to eat at McDonald's. As consumers we have options..

Now.. You watch the Super Size Me document. You know McDonald's food isn't the healthiest food you could get. You don't eat at McDonalds anymore. But other people still do. It's not your choice if people are able to eat at McDonald's anymore. It would be their's.

As long as McDonald's food tastes good to some and doesn't fail a health inspection, I doubt it's going to close.

No one [except that crazy BigMac person :ichigotchi: ] eats there everyday. If it's a rare occasion, that's okay. You aren't going to die.

I don't think MacDonalds should be closed down just because of the "Super Size Me" documentary :ichigotchi:
Dark secrets?

I noticed that the documentary showed that they used fairly standard sales practices in operation all over the world today by lots of companies.

They always politely offer a larger portion to the consumer and the consumer has the option to say no. There's no pressure selling and the MacDonalds staff are well trained and (pretty much) unfailingly polite.

I also noticed that the documentary showed very clearly that you can't eat a total junk food diet without it badly affecting your health - seriously, MacDonalds for every meal, every day?

That's nuts :D ... and it's no surprise that it caused obesity and failing health. It's not exactly Rocket Science - and it's something that most people - including kids, could work out for themselves now that basic nutrition is taught in Western schools to kids from the age of about 8yrs old.

I wouldn't eat MacDonalds every day, but even if I did, I don't think that would be a good case for suing the company and asking that it be shut down :D

I think the documentary was a really good one.

It was definitely a "heads up" to everyone about the dangers of a poor diet / unvarying diet.

If MacDonalds loses some sales from it, then, in the interests of sensible, healthy eating, that's fine by me too :huh:
TamaMum,your 4 and im 10 who knows better?me?yes cos im 10 and you have not seent that documentary

[SIZE=21pt]***If you get grossed out esaly DO NOT READ THIS!***[/SIZE]

Ew EW EW EW !!!

GUESS WAT!!

In my town theres a NASTY McDonalds !

Theres a girl there that has MERSA! (B.T.W if you dont no wat that is, its a infection that could kill you ((COULD but it proble wouldent)) ) its on her stomach and the SCRACHES IT !! [SIZE=14pt]AND COOKS THE FOOD!!!!!!!![/SIZE] Isent that DISCUSIN!

And theres anther one, near our local mall and people in there got held up a gun point and win the bad people were getting away, they killed two people !

So you can amagen, my town is the #3 crime county in the state!

But theres some good parts ;)

[SIZE=7pt]If it was closed, why shouldn't Burger King, Tim Hortons, ANW, KFC, Wendys, and Mrs.Vanellis also be shut down?[/SIZE]

Certainly not. I personally love the occasional Big Mac or order of fries! I just don't do it terribly often because most things in moderation are fine for you.

McDonalds is fine.

It's only unhealthy if you eat it every single day or so.

I mean, who would do that?

And if somebody DOES eat McDonalds all the time, then that is their problem. Nobody is forcing them to eat it. They ca only blame themselves.

Super Size Me was a good documentary. It proved to people how bad eating habits can affect your life.

But just because he made it clear McDonalds is unhealthy, it doesn't mean we can't eat there from time to time.

It's not just McDonald's who serves ''bad'' food. All fast food places do. Shoulf we closet hem down too?

Whats wrong with a hamburger and some fries? I go to McDonalds occasialy for fun but not to often. =) I personally think its a very good resertaunt and I have been to the first Mcdonalds in California. My mum and i went together when we went to visit America. It was awesome!

~Mamitchi465

Last edited by a moderator:
*groan/sighs so loudly that it's annoying*

everyone in my school saw supersize me lately..... for home ec.

i kinda just wish they would shut up :/

they are a multi-million dollar company. they're not gonna close down because of that documentary. you think mcdonalds is disgusting? well then great news for you! you don't have to go.

excuse me if i hurted your feewings. my extreme apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back