Michael Vick Case

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamakitty710

Reaction score
If you're not sure what happened, Michael Vick of the Atlanta Falcons football team has been accused of holding dog fights.

I've been furious over the whole Michael Vick case lately. I heard last night that he pled not guilty. I don't want to sound racist or anything, either. I think back to the O.J. Simpson case and then I think that they're getting not guilty sentences because of their celebrity status and maybe even their race. I read an article about the races dividing over the thing, and the same thing happened with O.J. Simpson. 95% of Michael Vick's supporters were African American, and 90% of those against him where Caucasian. I think that says a lot about our society, and maybe even our law. If that's true, what if the judge is African American? What if they divide themselves into the supporters? That's when the law starts falling apart. We can't be certain if the judge is dividing themself based on Michael Vick's race, or if that's really what they thinks. I don't know what race the judge was, either. It also said that 95% of the supporters were African American, so what if the judge was part of that 5%?

I don't think I can wait until November to pass my own judgment on him, so for now I think he's guilty. I don't care what race he is. What he did (if he did it) was wrong and cruel.

What do you think? If I have everything wrong, I'm very sorry, but this is based on what I've heard and my own opinion.

:angry: i feel bad for the poor guy.... if you think about theres people on football teams that kill a person and their still playing for the NFL. but thats true he did something really wrong!

You're right, it doesn't matter whether he was African American or Caucasian. He forced those poor dogs to fight and that's not right. Ugh, he should definitely be punished. Him getting off because of his race is ridiculous.

I think it'd discusting if he really did have dog fights. It makes me want to smack him so hard. >.<

If hope the judge isn't biased- it seems that *sometimes* [not all the time] they are harder on other races because african americans were in slavery here in America. News flash- that was their ancestors and whites, hispanics, african american, purple people, whatever race need to be treated fairly and consitantly.

If the NFL would just go ahead and put in their contract a code of conduct clause, things like this would be less likely to happen.

I understand this guy didn't exactly didn't come from a great life before but when you get in to the spotlight with a pro career, you have to grow up and put that low class-ness behind you and you have to understand that you are being watched. It is now your job to be within the fold of good behavior.

What really ticks me off is that he had that second house specifically for training of dogs. It was really sick. All the pitbull fights are sick. That is not acceptable to be doing. There is no reason to torture the poor doggies like that.

I hope he loses everything. He deserves nothing he has 'earned' in his NFL career. What was he thinking? I mean.. really.. :lol:

I never even knew he was African-American until I accually watched the news instead of heard it, and my judgement of him is still the same. I dont care if he's famous or not or if he even comes from this planet, no matter what, that's just wrong.

The court better judge him like a normal person and not a celebrity, because if you ask me celebs' get off easier in court for EVERYTHING. Drunk driving, drugs, and now dog fights?

I don't think race is much of an issue in the court room, maybe for supporters and stuff, but I (think) the court is mature enough to judge someone on their crime and not skin colour.

Overall I hope they do something reasonable with him, anyone who holds dog fights should be punished.

:) i feel bad for the poor guy.... if you think about theres people on football teams that kill a person and their still playing for the NFL. but thats true he did something really wrong!
Honestly, I'd rather hear about a person being killed than a dog in a dog fight.

Opinions are going to vary depending on how much people consider animals as people. I put animals/pets on the same level as human beings, so I'm not happy about this situation.

I agree with MsKtty89. It makes me sick to hear about people who do that. Why would he hold dog fights?
Money? Sick pleasure? Who knows- all I know is that it's discusting and wrong. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back