Minnows

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phobo

Reaction score
Ok, so we were at the creek and my cousin and I caught 3 minnows and a tadpole, and we took em home, put them in a glass of purified water (no chlorine or however you spell it, cause that kills them) and I placed a little piece of bread in there, but their not eating it. I was planning on taking them back to the creek, but I just found out my mom won't let me till tomorrow or so, do you guys have tips for taking care of minnows and tadpoles?

You shouldn't of taken them out of the creek in the first place, lol.

Minnow: Well, first off, keep the minnows in a separate bowl/tank from the tadpole.

Diet: Try feeding them normal flake food, but if they don't accept that...you might have to try feeding them worms. O_O

Tadpole: Make sure the water stays clean. It's very important for tadpoles to have clean water.

Diet: They sell commercial tadpole food, but try chopping up and freezing some lettuce and giving it to him. Don't give it too much though, or the water may get murky.

Hope I could prove of some assistance! B)

Love,

CB

ok.... I don't have the tadpole or fish food.... But I heard cat food in small pieces works too. Should I use that?

Edit: thanks for advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.... I don't have the tadpole or fish food.... But I heard cat food in small pieces works too. Should I use that?
Omai.

You brought fish home and you don't have fish food? xD

Okay..okay..well, I guess you could try the cat food thing if it's your absolute last resort. ^_^ ; I'll be praying for them.

Love,

CB B)

ok..... I will wait a while, the minnow seems to be more active now that it's away from the fish. The reason I took the fish (I didn't know I had a minnow too, I thought it was a fish) home was because I thought I had fish food, but I couldn't find it so I assumed we ran out. But I found the fish food and they are happy. I also hopped onto my motor scooter and found Tadpole food at my Aunt's (she had a Tadpole once) , so all is well. I wish I could motor scooter to the creek, but it's too far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok..... I will wait a while, the minnow seems to be more active now that it's away from the fish. The reason I took the fish (I didn't know I had a minnow too, I thought it was a fish) home was because I thought I had fish food, but I couldn't find it so I assumed we ran out. But I found the fish food and they are happy. I also hopped onto my motor scooter and found Tadpole food at my Aunt's (she had a Tadpole once) , so all is well. I wish I could motor scooter to the creek, but it's too far away.
Ah, good for you! ^_^ I hope your fish and tadpole stay well.

Love,

CB

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back