Misread debugging instructions-what do i do now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy critter

Reaction score
(Hi, I'm Crazy Critter. Do you know that Tamaoligist that mysteriously went away?

Well I'm the old Tamaoligist! Except I'm Crazy Critter now, surprising, eh? Why did I go away? I'm gonna tell youse all right now... See when I posted in the topics Hey, what the tamagotchi and Envolving on Pause, I was at my grandparents house, they have a computer and we don't. Now, my greatest fear! Tama-Loveand her avatar. If anyone wants to be Tamaoligist (If they are a know-all. Tamatalk team, please let the name Tamaoligist be used again.) Why? I hear you ask. If someone is Tamaoligist, they can use the tamaoligist avatar. Tama-Love made an avatar for me, poor, defenceless me! See, I don't want her work go to waste. Oh, and tamatalkians, who reckons Tama-Love is a legend and deserves to be a Tamatalk Guide?? I reckon she does. I had to make the confessions.)

I was on tamatalk at my grandparents house reading the debugging instructions. I wanted to debug my ice-cream v3 connexion. I mis-read them. The part where you scratch the semi-circle. Yeah, I scratched the word DEBUG. Now my screen won't receive at all. Well, a little bit. I can still use it. It's just a bit hard to see sometimes. It works just fine, it's just the screen. Now, really, Whats happen to my tamagotchi!!! ;) :D

There might not be anything you can do about it. Lots of times when debugging goes wrong the tamagotchi will be like that forever.

You might want to go to a technician to see if they can fix it or you can send it to BanDai.

GotchiGirl96

Well, if it was in pencil, try erasing it.

Otherwise, there isnt much you can do

just errase the pencil lead, i think.

you used a screwdriver? to scratch the cemi circle? *also* your thing about 'tamagotchians' or something should not be included in a post. that is why we have siggys. please fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as I said I misread the instructions and no offence, but I didn't say 'tamagotchians' I said tamatalkians and this really puzzles me, whats wrong with tamatalkians?

The point of 'scratching' the semicircles is actually to color them and in between them with graphite (pencil lead), in order to connect them with something conductive and complete a circuit. Actually scratching any part of the insides of a Tamagotchi, particularly with just any old tool, is just likely to damage it. It's unfortunate that that's the way the instructions most people use are phrased, because I'm pretty sure that's not the only time that's caused confusion.

It may not be fixable, but you could show it to someone who knows electronic stuff pretty well and ask them, or find out if Bandai can/will fix it (I'm not sure, because it's not due to a defect in the product, it's because you opened it up to try to alter it).

Unfortunately you may have ruined your Tamagotchi... :huh:

If the screen is not working, it may be just the fact that you opened it up - this has happened to my Tamas.

Try erasing over the DEBUG circles. I haven't debugged myself (only got ConneXions), but I don't think you should have used a screwdriver.

StarTama :huh:

P.S. Please don't post topics about who should or shouldn't be a Guide (or include it in other posts) - it is against the TamaTalk Rules.

OH. I forgot something! If you open up your tamagotchi, but then don't screw it back together tightly enough or don't line everything up right, sometimes the screen may not work properly or at all, because it isn't pressed securely against what it needs to have contact with. I've had this happen a couple of times, the first time I thought I'd broken it completely, and happily I turned out to be wrong. This can be fixed, if it's what the problem is, you just need to check that all parts and screws are in their original places, and then make sure all the screws are snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back