Morino or Umino?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamtamagotchi

Reaction score
After being away from Tamagotchi's for so long I figured I'd start back by getting a classic that I didn't get before I stopped caring. The two I've been looking at the most are the Morino and the Umino. Can someone who has had both tell me which one they think I should get first? I am planning on getting both, I just want to know the one you guys had the most fun/enjoyment out of.

Ah that's a hard one! The Morino is so nice and low maintenance, plus the cocoon stage is pretty cool. I hate the screensaver function though...I like to see my tamas on the screen. The Umino is a lot of fun but very challenging...mine would randomly die every couple of days. I rarely make it to the adult stage, but that can be part of the fun.

I would suggest the morino :) The umino is very demanding, and quite literally requires your attention all day. The morino is much more lax, and gets attacked by a predator every 3 - 4 hours (I cannot remember which, but attacks occur in a predictable manner on the hour or half hour, making care easier). The characters are adorable, there is no needy baby stage, and the cocoon temperature function is unique. However, the character you obtain on the morino is partially determined by its weight before it enters the cocoon. Sometimes you might wish to maximise its weight as much as possible, which means playing the game a minimum number of times. If you enjoy playing games with your tamagotchis then this version may become a bit boring if you are aiming for a high weight.

Another reason I like the morino is because there are two eggs that you can choose to hatch. One egg potentially gives rise to all the different characters, while the speckled egg gives you Kabutotchi where you try to increase his size, so you can make your decision based on how busy you are etc. There is the screensaver feature which some hate, but I personally like a lot. I like seeing my happy little bug flying around in the trees :)

The umino isn't bad or anything, but it is demanding, and you will be so happy when it finally goes to sleep each night. But because it is demanding, it gives you a great sense of fulfillment when it eventually survives to adulthood. Unique features like water quality and natural lighting by the sun make the umino another keeper. So I guess it depends on what you're looking for - the umino will need more attention, but both versions are stellar :)

I dont know i have two uminos running and yes the firt 3 times they did di e because i had no clue wat i was doing.. Butafter checking what to watch for i have been raising these little ones greatly and yes thry arore work but the animations are amazing and the game is addictive...

On the other hand i also have two morinos...i find them harder to evolve... And keeping the weight up is way trickier than u might think lol

Ultimately i believe both are truly adorable and have great characters and features

If you own and have played with an Angel, you'll like the Morino (similar maintenance, except for the predators dealie). If you want something very challenging and attention grabbing, then try the Umino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back