Music Star questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayny

Reaction score
My sister recently got a Music Star for her birthday. She and I both play with it, but we haven't really figured it out yet. Could someone help with these questions, please? We have an adult right now.

1. How do we increase the band ranking? Performing (going "away" and selecting the music place) only seems to increase number of fans.

2. Is there any real benefit to gaining skill points? I can't see that it does much, and the stats are at 300+ each.

3. Is there a way to purchase instruments and toys directly ON the Music Star? I know you can do it on Music City but that loads really slowly for us.

4. What is the difference between mating via matchmaker vs. mating via band manager? I have never heard of mating via band manager, but we're only on first generation.

Thanks!

I can answer... half these questions maybe? Anyhow, thanks for describing things so well. ;)

1. Is your Tama an adult yet? Well anyway, sometimes when the tama's an adult, the music note icon will sometimes be highlighted. Click on it, and you and your band will play a song at a concert. After the concert, your tama will probably get more fans and a higher reputation.

2. Yes, when your Tama first becomes an adult, it will go through a test. You try to get all three judges like your song, which skill points come in handy as they increase your chance of passing this test.

3. Well, you cannot purchase them, but sometimes when you get into a new "away" place (eg preschool, school, work) then sometimes the teacher will give you a present containing either a toy or an instrument.

4. I have only been using the matchmaker for marrying; could another person answer how you marry via the band manager?

Hope I helped!

--mew0099

Thank you! Yes, the Tama is an adult. Now I finally know what the judges were for when she first became an adult =) Too bad I didn't have high skill points then. So...once the Tama becomes an adult, do skill points do anything?

Yes, increasing the skill points from 300-something to the highest it can go (999) makes the star ranking go up considerably. When you have a 1st star ranking by the time you go to perform at a concert, you get a 1st star ranking award for whichever genre you performed. When you've got the skill points as high as it can go (you'll get there eventually), performing at concerts also increases star ranking. Most of the time (at least for me), if you're stuck in 3rd or 2nd (something close like this) it takes a day or 2 of frequent concerts to get it to 1st. I also find that practicing with your band (going to the door icon, selecting "away," and then selecting the first choice) can gradually bump up your star ranking.

As for purchasing instruments directly on Music Star, the only way I've seen it done is if the king comes and awards it to you. The king usually awards instruments you don't already have. Otherwise, I don't think I've seen instruments available in the shop. That could be because I get them from Tama Town and transfer them to my Music Star, I've never really looked at it from another perspective. I would definitely recommend trying to get onto Tama Town if you can. Getting a different choice in instruments changes music genre and allows you to get 1st ranking awards in those different genres, which is pretty neat.

The band manager is the "matchmaker." It's the guitar-looking character that comes every morning after you pass the judges and make your pro debut to deliver your salary. If I remember correctly, one of the times the band manager comes (the door icon will light up) is 12:30 and then once more at 4:30. This is a couple of days after evolving into an adult.

Thank you! I'm off to raise those skill points, then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back