My Bat Mitzvah...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alimania

Reaction score
I have to memorize SOOOOOOO much Hebrew, and I hate it!! I mean, I wish it was easy!!! Hebrew isn't waht you would call "fun"! And my Bat Mitzvah is in March, and I'm wicked nervous. If I don't get something right when I'm chanting in my tutor's room, she gives me the stink-eye and says that she's disappointed in me! I'm 13!! I'm trying!!

I guess I'm just nervous... any thought on how to calm the nerves?

Thanks,

Alimania

I'm really sorry if this is not much help but, what exactly is a bat mitzvah? I'm not hebrew. I only read about a bat mitzvah in a book. so wat exactly do you do? And dont worry. I'm sure you'll do really good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you're Jewish? I know a Jewish girl- she's so sweet. :D

Anyway, sounds tough! I'd say learn it in chunks.

Sorry, not much help- never done it before. You'll do fine though!

TWP pretty much just summed what I was going to say.

Try to learn parts in chunks. Even maybe try to make a song out of it. Give it a tune xP It might make it seem a little less like a hard task and more something fun.

i don't know much about thiis, but i do know about memorization. if it's possible, type it up phynetically, and print it. an with the original or copey, read it once before you go to sleep. read it once when you wake up. read at your favorite meal, and when you get home from school. if it's too long, with each time you read it, do one chunk, then another, ten another, so by the end of the day, you've read the whole thing. sounds crazy, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back