My dad said yes!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puppyluva

Reaction score
........Dog! well he didn't say yes excactly but he said that when we move and get our very own house *wich may be soon* that he will 100% consider getting a dog. But my mom said that in dog talk that means yes! Im thinking dalmation think thats a good breed? :D

You've never had a dog in your life? Well at least someones never had a dog besides me. All my friends have dogs though. :D

I have had alot of dogs, when I was young. Dalmations are a good breed, but they are very expensive, and I barely ever see them in pet stores. If I were you, I would get a Golden Retriever, Husky, or a Jack Russel. It's your choice. :D

Regards,

DarkCore

You know whats wierd, the first dog my mom suggested was a jack russel, she said no retriever or husky though and my dad wants a dog with a low energy level. Does anyone have any Ideas?

congrats and i have 4 dogs 2 doshin hounds 1 german shepard and one rat terior

luv always,

bubbles14

I've never had dogs. But damation's are cool! I think you should get one. ;)

[SIZE=22pt] [/SIZE] Cool! I never had a dog. I wish I did though <_< . But my favorite breeds are: labrador retrievers, rottweilers, dalmations, and golden retrievers. Best of luck on the dogs! I know it will be happy with you!

;) tamagirl777

Well my mom says she wants to be able to have a dog that lives long, can live in hot weather, isn't prone to cancer,and that we can get two of. I mean Im cool with that my sister gets one and I get one. But we might be moving to Arizona. But b4 we move(in maybe a year) anyone have any dog tips they might want to share? ;)

Don't get any dogs that have pushed in faces such as shihtzu, pug, boston terrier, boxer ect. because they will find it harder to breathe when playing in hot weather they are also more likely to have their trachea [their breathing tube] collapse. I have a shihtzu and he has trouble breathing when running to much and its pretty cool in NY. umm just because a breed of dog might have lots of hair does not mean it won't be able to live in the hot weather. Dogs can get sunburn and their coat helps protect their skin from it and the coat helps keep it warm in the winter. :( As far as low energy dogs go it really depends on the dogs personality. Dalmations are pretty good. They are very smart can be trained easily and will do fine in hotter weather. wellll thats all I have to say for now rofl. :x

dalmations are very active and hyper dogs. if you want a more mellow dog, i suggest a lab. they're very good, friendly dogs, but are very laid back. they tend to get along with other animals if raised well. they have a pretty good life span, i'm not sure if they're prone to cancer any more than any other dog. white dogs tend to be more cancer prone, as are many white animals (horses, cows, cats, mice, etc).

i've lived on a farm since i was 4 years old (i'm eighteen now), so we have a lot of animal experience here :(

good luck on getting your dog! :D

........Dog! well he didn't say yes excactly but he said that when we move and get our very own house *wich may be soon* that he will 100% consider getting a dog. But my mom said that in dog talk that means yes! Im thinking dalmation think thats a good breed?  :D
yes!! very good breed, an very cute

ur lucky 2 get a dog...

we hav 2 fix da fences @ my house 2 get a dog

thort o ani names yet??

:( :D ;) :lol: :D :lol: :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too sure about Dalmations - sure they look very cute with their spots, but they are pretty high maintenance - very energetic, can be quite silly and hyper, some are born deaf - which obviously is not good in a high maintenance, energetic hyper dog!! They are cancer-prone - usually skin cancer - so probably not that good in hot weather.

jack russels are pretty cute, but also can be quite hyper and energetic. and sometimes a little snappy.

labs and golden retrievers are good if you want a biggish dog, they usually last 12-15 years maximum. they are not cancer prone, but can have hip problems.

my favourites however are miniature schnauzers - i have 2 - and they are so cute. they are fine in hot weather - but they need to be clipped. they live a fairly long life, not particularly cancer prone. i'll try to get a photo of them and post the link.

i got that information from my mum - she's a vet - so if you want to pm me about anything - i can get some free veterinary advice for you!! lol.

........Dog! well he didn't say yes excactly but he said that when we move and get our very own house *wich may be soon* that he will 100% consider getting a dog. But my mom said that in dog talk that means yes! Im thinking dalmation think thats a good breed? :(
how about a labodor retriever?i have a yellow lab.[she is more white than yellow!lol]they are very nice and loyal!and love to swim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back