My friend...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty123

Reaction score
My really good friend is getting very depressed. She even seems to be a bit suicidal. She tells me her life is a mess and she wished it could be over at one point.

I'm actually getting worried.

I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice, as I have no clue what I can do. I really don't want to see her get hurt. :(

The best thing you could do is be there for her.

That's all she really wants.

<3

Tell her that there are better things in life. Tell her to think on the positive side. Not everything in life is terrible.

No one really understands what it is like to be depressed. Even other depressed people.

Like other people would think to do, don't force her to find good things in herself. She will find nothing emptyness, as she usually does.

To make her like herself, tell her you like her. Because people like that only begin to love themself when they hear it from someone else, not them. Get others to tell her they like her to.

When people accept you, you begin to accept yourself.

She has to get better, or she will get worse and worse. Even if her heart is still seen as inferior,she has to try her best to stand up to herself. She will have to stand up for herself.

That's not my advise, I got it from a manga. ^-^;;

But still, I think it is true.

Fruits Basket <3

I'm afraid I beg to differ.
Well, no one knows how you personally feel.

Everyone has different forms of depression. Even if it's the same thing, like your parents fighting, making fun of, or just plain depressed.

Everyone has different feelings.

Depression is a really sad thing, and can be very hard to overcome. =(

I've never had it myself, neither have any of my family, friends, or people that I know, but I've heard/read about it, and it does upset me that people should be unhappy enough to actually consider suicide.

Keep in mind I'm not very experienced or anything with this, but I honestly believe that what these people need is to have others demonstrate to them the purpose of life; love, kindness, caring, and Jesus Christ.

This is a time where you should reach out to your friend and show her you really do care. She needs to feel loved before she can feel content with herself and her life, and realise that it's not all bad.

Hey... You're not talking about me, right? Because I have a friend who I've told that and they're on tamatalk............................ I'm not crazy or anything but.... My life has just been scattered latley. Most of the time i think it would be better if i wasn't here......

Yes, just being able to open up to someone helps tremendously. I don't have depression, but I do have social anxiety and just explaining what's going on and how it affects me and makes me feel helps so much. For me, that person is my counselor but you can be hers because that may all she has.

Just let her vent and open up to her too so she feels she can trust you because you're doing it aswell. Let her know how beautiful she really is and even if you aren't hardcore talking, slip it in. You might not always know what's going in her head but a random hug or a "you look beautiful today" walking to classes or sitting at lunch can make a world of difference.

If this does get more serious you may want to gentely advise her to see someone about her problems. You can't always be everything for her so remember that.

Be there for her, as many people have said.

That is the most important thing. Make sure she can trust you, and NEVER break the trust.. It will mean the world to her, even if she has troubles showing it.. You just need to let her open up to you, and listen.

Perhaps there is a school counsellor, or a trusted adult that you can talk to about it? That way, they can find professional help for your friend, to ensure a recovery. ;)

Good luck, I hope it all works out. :)

Also, check out this link about when a friend is depressed: https://www.coolnurse.com/depression_friends.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend like that. Though I highly doubt she'd kill herself, she talks about how much she hates life and all the people in it.

Just be there for your friend. Make life enjoyable for her. Take her to the mall to get her a new outfit. Go to an amusement park to try out all the rides.

And talk to her when she needs to be comforted. That's really all you can do. But if it's gets REALLY serious, and she continues to talk of killing herself, then you need to tell someone.

The best thing to do is stay by her side. also tell an adult. if shes your friend shed understand why you told. shed understand that you are very worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back