My iD L isn't turning on!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Remember the black knob I was talking about? Well, I pried most of it off (guilty) and even though I've probably damaged my iD L a bit more, I did notice that as I pushed it back into place and held it there, a long beep was heard and disappeared when I took my finger off. Does this mean there might be hope for my iD L?

@SailorRosette: Mmm, that stuff does look like it belongs, though. :/

I believe the knob might be the reset button? Hummm.... So you think it belongs. M'kay. Hold off on that...

So you have sound, thats good... I think your display wire is off... Fun part is finding which wire and where it goes...... Which wires are loose or off? Is there a silver solder buldge that looks more pointed... Or has a tiny wire.... Or simmilar?

As far as I can see, there are no broken wires. What do you mean by solder budge? Or tiny wire? The yellow wire I mentioned earlier is soldered on, but attached by a little wire, is that similar to what you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
The little wire look like its attatched well?

I would look that over to see if anything looks .... Weird. If you look at another tama, like an connection, the inside. You would see the green lines aren't covered. The lighter toned green. That is what I was talking about earlier. Sometimes little things look discolored on the solder.... Sometimes cleaning the ones that are looking dirty can fix a tama... Fixed my angel like that....

I...completely took my iD L apart. -.-

Well, it's not broken. There's sound. It's just that the display won't come on. Oh, and I hit the reset button via the circuit board and it resumed the usual faint beeping I had heard from my iD L for a while.

Also...I took a look at the front of the circuit board where the screen is and found lots of weird white stuff around where the wires were soldered on. There was some on the large chip behind the screen, which is held there using...erm...excuse my lack for a better term, papery stuff, only thicker. So...I was wondering...is there a display wire or something?

And...while I was screwing it back together, I accidentally dented/bent/whatever a small portion of the bottom red wire on the battery cover and circuit board (see photos). That doesn't seem to have done any damage, though. :/

if there isn't anything coming up, then it might be the LCD wiring that might have broken off. check the LCDs first before testing it. that could be the problem.

White stuff.....? I usually see that as battery corrosion. I would clean that off.... If its not even looking.... Thats probably what it is. Just do it carefully.

Maybe take a picture of it. The screen side...

DSCN0117.jpg

The screen in general.

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0119-1.jpg

DSCN0119-1.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

^I know you can't see that very well, but there's some of that white stuff on that large chip. :/

By the way, I kind of broke the black knob off, it's hanging by a wire now. -.- Even when I press it to the base, no sound comes on, so.......yeah.

Okay, well that stuff looks like corrosion...or my nightmare... Cat..... Ya...

The stuff doesn't look like the other stuff on the other side.... But I would get the screen side stuff off. The lighter lines, consider that stuff to be like a road block... Probably the image display. My angel had stuff like that directly. The screen started at animation but nothing furthur until that stuff was all gone. Once it was gone, it worked normally.

Btw... The last image. Those are the screen display wires that tell the screen to display the pixels in whatever color needed. That, clean Super carefully with a Q tip and toothpick. Take your time here cause this spot is very important. It appears something is on the command display wires.... Cop name for lack of actual name. This is probably what you should clean first.

The white is probably battery......

I would then check if you have an image at all... Then if not, check the red box stuff... Atleast the lighter green lines around the stuff.

I really hope this fixes it. I haven't fixed a color before.... Many of them were ancestors or A few selective connections.

I got some of it off. Nothing is happening. =( All I seem to do is scratch up the circuit board a little.

It can take a while... If you are worried you are scraping too hard.... You could put a piece of felt on the end of the toothpick or q- tip... Just keep making sure to move the felt if if you are using the point. (felt having a hole) I would use a round top or cut the toothpick in half carefully. The rougher feeling felt would probably work better... Like a soft sanding. Its slightly thinker, usually primary colors are thicker... ( blue, green, red, yellow) or stuff off a ream/ roll of fabric.

Keep trying. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back