My mom's problem with American Idol

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Shay

Reaction score
United States, stalking you. Turn around.
Just before I say anything about it, this topic should be in Non-TT and not Stuff We Watch because I'm not discussing American Idol, I'm discussing my mom's problem with it.

My mom is way to obsessed with it. You see, I was watching upstairs and my little brother (who loves watching inaporpriate stuff on TV) wanted the TV. I told him NO so then he started yelling at me that my mom was watching it downstairs. I told him I wouldn't give it to him because he would watch bad stuff, but then he yelled for my dad and my dad took it from me claiming "He was going to keep him off the bad channels" but whenever he is "supervising" he lets my brother talk him into watching bad channels, so the next thing I know my brother and my dad are both watching Family Guy and my dad doesn't give a dam that he is letting my brother ruin his own brain with perverted jokes and sex humor. So I go tell my mom, who is quite strict with my brother watching bad shows or movies channels. I begin to tell her then she starts screaming at me that I ruined her show (American Idol) and bans me from all sources of entertainment (which includes the computer) but she is so obsessed with American Idol that I am on 10 feet away from her and typing this and she doesn't even notice!! My parents aren't bad parents, they are just zombied out by TV like most of us Americans. Just now it was a commercial and my mom was making some hot coco in the kitchen, so I seized the chance and was telling her when she cut me off and shouted: "DURING MY SHOW I DON'T CARE!!!!" And she wasn't even watching!!

Haha. Trust me, I know where you're coming from. My mom leads a stressful life- the TV is her escape. If I try to talk to her during her TV hour, she either won't listen, she'll tell me to shut up and go away, or some combination of the two. I've seriously been able to sneak entire 24 packs of soda past her while she's zoning out while watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight. I've learned to just not mess with her while she's watching it. Or use it to my advantage.

Oh and by the way- I like Family Guy. My mind isn't poisoned with sex jokes. Wait, never mind, I'm a terrible example xDDD

Haha. Trust me, I know where you're coming from. My mom leads a stressful life- the TV is her escape. If I try to talk to her during her TV hour, she either won't listen, she'll tell me to shut up and go away, or some combination of the two. I've seriously been able to sneak entire 24 packs of soda past her while she's zoning out while watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight. I've learned to just not mess with her while she's watching it. Or use it to my advantage.
Oh and by the way- I like Family Guy. My mind isn't poisoned with sex jokes. Wait, never mind, I'm a terrible example xDDD
XD

My brother's mind is really ruined by Family Guy. Once he was watching an episode where Peter has the power to change into things, so he changed into a tampon. My brother followed this example, and when my religous cousins came over he made a tampon joke. It was very disturbing. We were 9 and I didn't even know what a tampon was yet when he already what it is and even where it is put thanks to Family Guy.

XD
My brother's mind is really ruined by Family Guy. Once he was watching an episode where Peter has the power to change into things, so he changed into a tampon. My brother followed this example, and when my religous cousins came over he made a tampon joke. It was very disturbing. We were 9 and I didn't even know what a tampon was yet when he already what it is and even where it is put thanks to Family Guy.
Nice.

That's what happened to my cousin. He came up to me, and was like, "WHY DIDN'T YOOOU TEACH ME ABOUT THIS STUFF?" I was just laughing.

Just a few minutes ago, my mom was watching the TV, and I was wearing socks, and we have a hardwood floor, so I slipped and fell down the stairs. My mom was just like, "PHOEBE. Be quiet. I'm watching TV." xDDD Such great parenting. I was okay though, other than a small bruise on my arm. (I fall down the stairs, like, everyday.)

I think I learned about the birds and the bees in second grade, from this kid who had some kind of graph thing that explained it all. xD

And, by the way, I know what episode your talking about.

Nice.
That's what happened to my cousin. He came up to me, and was like, "WHY DIDN'T YOOOU TEACH ME ABOUT THIS STUFF?" I was just laughing.

Just a few minutes ago, my mom was watching the TV, and I was wearing socks, and we have a hardwood floor, so I slipped and fell down the stairs. My mom was just like, "PHOEBE. Be quiet. I'm watching TV." xDDD Such great parenting. I was okay though, other than a small bruise on my arm. (I fall down the stairs, like, everyday.)

I think I learned about the birds and the bees in second grade, from this kid who had some kind of graph thing that explained it all. xD

Despite my stupidity.....WHAT THE HECK IS THE BIRDS AND BEES ABOUT?!?!? Iv'e heard about it.....but what is it?!?!

It's 'The Miracle of Life', dear. xDD

And the whole Mom-who-doesn't-care-during-TV-hour thing, I have that too. You're not alone. My parents are actually watching American Idol right now and I have managed to eat two of the brownies in the kitchen without anyone knowing. Well, they'll probably find out tomorrow but I'll just blame my brother. I'm good with things like that. Mums can be monsters when their favourite shows are on - you just got to learn to stay away from them and use it to your best advantage by eating things that they wouldn't want you eating. 8D

Aww ShayShay. You can't help it. My mom freaks out when I talk to her durring her fitness shows. I think she just may be addicted to weight loss chanels. Everything she watches is about fittness or brides. So when they invened a show about brides loosing weight, I knew I was in for it.

It's 'The Miracle of Life', dear. xDD
And the whole Mom-who-doesn't-care-during-TV-hour thing, I have that too. You're not alone. My parents are actually watching American Idol right now and I have managed to eat two of the brownies in the kitchen without anyone knowing. Well, they'll probably find out tomorrow but I'll just blame my brother. I'm good with things like that. Mums can be monsters when their favourite shows are on - you just got to learn to stay away from them and use it to your best advantage by eating things that they wouldn't want you eating. 8D
Yes Yes, now I remember..... -random evil laugh-

It's nice to know I'm not alone. =D

Same to you Huntr rocks.....I missed you!!!

Mums become zombies when they like whats on t.v. Use it to your advantage as FeeBee said.

Wait until the TV mind controls wears off and be nice.

-Family guy hasn't poisoned my mind but it did my brother. All that I hear out of his 11 year old mouth is sexual terms and things I would be slapped for. He used a word mum had yelled at me for for asking what it means a few years earlier [Oh, Tims probably at home having .......... with his.......] I was disgusted. Yes. Boys take to it more than females so don't let your brother be poisoned-

My mom and I watch most of the same shows [ER, House, Days of our Lives, North of 60, Mystery Diagnosis, and South Park are the shows we usually watch together], So she doesn't really yell at me if I talk to her during a show.

She also knows not to bug me when I'm watching a show I like. Because I'll give her that -Stop Bugging me right now- look

Nice.

xD The stairs thing happend to me with our hardwood floor whilst my mum was watching Eastenders. I tryed to tell her that I cut my leg and she told me to go to my room >;( I didnt go though xp and she kept rewinding it back just to watch that part I said "mum" at. Then my brothers went in and started play fighting it was funny she just kept rewinding it bt I was the only onewho got told to go to my room D; I seriously think shes out to get me :mad:

Anywhoooo I like family guy my 5 year old brother keeps coping the christmas one where peter is singing the songs but his mind is perverted anyway

~

Oh gosh, same with my mum.

When she watches her money game shows, or the news, she turns aggresive. If I talk to her, she'd tell me to shut up and shhhh and once she told me to get lost. So dont worry, you're not alone.

And she's incredibly hypocritical. She tells ME not to watch South Park, and then she watches it herself. She says it ruins people's minds, but how come she can watch it and I cant? Its just un-fair. Very un-fair.

My dad's like that when he's watching something important on the Fox Business channel. SOOOO ANNOYING. D:<

... This is probably one of the reason I don't have cable XDD.

O__O
My cousin doesn't have cable either. Lol :l
Neither do I. We had a dish years ago for a little while, but even then 999 channels and a Sunday afternoon = pure boredom lol. I'm quite content with the 4 channels we DO get here.

Plus youtube is always another escape if I so wish

I know how you feel. My brother is Autistic, and I TRY to keep him away from those bad shows like Family Guy, because he repeated EVERYTHING from those kinds of shows, IN PUBLIC!!!!! Somehow my parents let him watch it, and now my dad let him go on Hulu, where he gets COMPLETE ACCESS TO THOSE KINDS OF SHOWS! *screams*

And usually my mom is too busy watching TV to tell him to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back