My Tamagotchi has shut down! Please help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama_ice

Reaction score
It's actually my brother's tama, but whatever. I, and he, still need help.

So, my brother bought himself a Tamagotchi V5 at Target about...er...6 or 7 months ago. He played with it occasionally (when he didn't, he put it on travel mode). Oh, and he's had a V3 and V4 for a while, so he does have some experience. I also have a Tamagotchi V5 that I bought around the same time, and it works perfectly. We have never tried to debug our V5's -- we have only opened them to replace the battery, which we have only had to do once before in the Tama's lifetime. We've never gotten water, paint, sand, ect. in them, either.

He found his and it had left in its spaceship, because he had forgotten to put it on travel mode. He decided to reset it for whatever strange reason, I didn't ask him. But when he pressed the button, it completely shut down. Nothing was on the screen -- not the egg, not 'download or reset.' He pressed all the buttons. It wouldn't work. He changed the battery. It wouldn't work. He pressed all the buttons again. It wouldn't work. He pressed 'reset' yet again. It wouldn't work.

Does anyone know what happened, or how to make it work again? Please help. ;)

maybe he pushed reset too hard and the button got stuck?

Make sure that the battery contacts are clean and that the battery you are using is the correct battery (CR 2032). While you're looking at that area, just double check that the reset button is in its right position and it hasn't somehow bent over and got itself stuck as abgar suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back