My Tamagotchi Story

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puma

Reaction score
Well, I've been on TamaTalk for 3 years now..... I no longer play with Tamagotchi's.....

It all started when i was 9, my neighbors had these little virtual pets (V3's) And they were all like "YOUU HAVE TO GET ONE" So I did, V4...... I Played with it ALL the time, and then my brother got one, And then he got bored and gave it to me, And then I started getting more.... I remember have SIX at a time, It was crazy.

I also had a V3..... Anyways, I Then got a Nintendo DS, along with Animal Crossing Wild World, then i wents crazy over THAT.

Slowly my Tama's were forgotten, I smashed my V3 with my foot cuz i was mad. My v4 got taken apart so i could see what made it tick, v4.5 got lost..... Then i bought another v4.5, because i wanted to get one before they stopped being sold.

1 Year later... I sold it for about 4 bucks xD

Now I hear about v7? I remember DYING from waiting for the V5. Now I collect Retro video game systems & games, And with school... I have no time for loud, obnoxious virtual pets. I had lots of fun with them, but now i just don't play with them. I hope to some day buy another one, but who knows

I hope you liked my story... if you like, post yours down below

Puma :)

I'm kind of the same. I have 50 Tamas and other VPs. All are inactive for now. I just don't have time for them at the moment, but will never sell them. Maybe one day I'll start one up.

HOW CAN A NINTENDO DS REPLACE TAMAS?? No offence, but mine bored me to death. I only really like cleaning all the dirt off the stylus and top screen. I guess I'm pretty much done with my Dolphin Island Underwater Adventures, and my Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop 3, and the rest - Horse Life 2, Cradle Of Egypt and Brain Trainer were just plain waste of money. I much prefer Tamas, but each to his own.

Why the heck did you crush a Tama under your foot?! Just letting you know, next time, put it on eBay if you don't want it because I want any Tama and if you're prepared to sell ANOTHER for about 4 bucks then yup I will buy it. Just letting you know, I look on eBay every day.

Anyway, my story. Tamas were the latest trend at my school. So I got one, plain and simple. Then I played with it then I forgot it and I found it when I was 8 and joined TamaTalk then and I'm still on TamaTalk and still have the very same 14 Tamagotchis and love them all still although I'm Mad At Myself For Eternity because I broke my V3 and V5 and two V6's. The end.

(@Dazz: You have to get the right games for it to be fun, if you get Nintendo games like Animal Crossing the DS is crazy fun. Or pokemon, pokemon games are always fun)

K anyway, wow. Puma, your tama story is like mine.. I also got into tamas and then got out of them when something new came up. Anyway...

My story:

When I was 7 years old, a cousin just happened to gift my sister a v3. I thought it was the BEST THING EVAR as I watched her play. So the next day, I went to Target and got a blue v3. It was my pride and joy. Soon after that, she got bored so I got to have her v3. Two tamas running at once, woot! Eventually, the v4 came out, and I was all "YAYYYY" and then I had another tama running too! And then the v4.5 and the v5.. I got those and celebrated. I was in a total tama loving state of joy.

Course, once I was 10, I started to realize Tamatalk and tamagotchis took up too much of my life. I quit for soccer and then began to play soccer since it was more fun than staring at a pixelated screen for hours (It gets very boring by the 6th generation, especially since the characters were pretty ugly back in the days of v3, v4, and v4.5, and once you got all the ones you wanted, it gets super boring).

Eventually I switched from soccer to competitive running/track, and well, I rejoined this site. It didn't get me back into tamas. I did try by rebooting my v4, but I got bored and never made it past the first generation. I got super ticked cuz my stupid tama would always poop when I just happened to look away. So I never got training points.. D<

And so, that is Runner's tama story.

(@Dazz: You have to get the right games for it to be fun, if you get Nintendo games like Animal Crossing the DS is crazy fun. Or pokemon, pokemon games are always fun)
Off topic: No I don't. My mom won't let me. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out. Last night I had a dream that I could get a DSi, but it turned out to be a DSi with the Internet and camera feature disabled. That's liek how I got the DS. All the fun games are not allowed.

Nice story ^_^

6 tamagotchi at a time? That's a lot!

It must be so fun to have a tamagotchi.

I'm waiting for mine which will be send by mail maybe tomorrow.

Off topic: No I don't. My mom won't let me. I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing out. Last night I had a dream that I could get a DSi, but it turned out to be a DSi with the Internet and camera feature disabled. That's liek how I got the DS. All the fun games are not allowed.
Off topic:Your mum needs help if she wont let you buy fun games o____o

On topic: I saw one in a store, thought it was so dumb, got it just to torture it. And then when the egg hatched I thought it was so cute, I took it apart and then I got more but took those apart and broke the whole lot of them, and I promised to myself not to take apart the 5 I have now

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal Crossing is such a fun game. I get on it like every 2 months, cuz after a while I get bored. I can't wait for the 3DS animal crossing, because you can go swimming. Although I still try to play my tamas.

If I had DSi, I wouldn't love it as much as Tamas. I WANT to get a DSi, but I'm not allowed because apparently I am "too young for portable Internet". I'm too young for portable anything according to my parents. Once they were saying I was too young to take Tamas everywhere XD. Even though I can probably use Christmas as my secret weapon and ask for a DSi and nothing else and say that if they're getting me anything, it has to be a DSi.

But I mean, if you're not into Tamas, why are you even on here? It's TAMAtalk! No offence, but just pointing it out ;)

DSi's ok. the only reason I got it was my DS lite broke(the DS lite is really fragile lol)

I cannot WAIT for AC3DS either! looks sooooo amazing! I went to target yesterday hoping to find out when AC3D would come out. this worker in his twenties

said: can I help you?

Me:nah, what I'm looking for isn't out yet

Worker: I may be able to give you some info, what is it?

Me: animal crossing 3DS

Worker: Oh! I'm waiting for that to come out too!

Me:errr... so do you have any info?

Worker: no...

I thought it was kind of cute that a dude in his twenties was looking forward to AC3D.

tama story:

the summer before I started second grade I went to japan to visit relatives. my cousin had an egg thingy around her neck, I asked in japanese: what's that egg thingy?

she replied: oh! it's a tamangotchi[Ta-Ma-nGo-tChi] (that's how you pronounce it correctly)

with a proud look. I watched it curiously all evening. it was a V3 or v4 I think , I can't remember. near bed-time I saw it take a bath. I was taken. I told my mom that I HAD to have one and I COUlDN'T wait to get one for a single moment. but I didn't get one. On the plane back to america I was devastated. both me and my mom thought there was no chance of them being in any stores in the US. but my mom, seeing my crushed look halfheatedly suggested that we could look in a toysRus for some tamas. well when we got home we took a day off to ease the jet lagg. the next day my mom went to do some errands and I tagged along. when we stopped at toysRus imagine our suprise when on the nearest rack, a new shipment of V1s and V2s was waiting for us! I bought one of each and my tamagotchi adventure began. I have persevered through bullies, haters, and skepticals. moving across the country, going on vacations...

on every trip there was almost always one pixelated pet in my pocket, or on a lanyard, or on a hairband on my wrist. now I am a freshman in highschool, and still going strong tama-wise!

i'm new here, but my tama story...

in my old house, about 4 or 5 years ago, we'd be hanging out down the road all the time just playing games and visiting each others houses. so one of my really good friends

had so many tamagotchis.. they were really big in grade 3/4. one girl down the road had a little mini tamagotchi. i remember being so excited to get one, since my sister and i were the only ones in our group of friends that didnt have a tamagotchi! we went to visit our grandparents in the city one day, and my parents said that we could go to the store and buy one. i remember getting my mom to pull a baby blue tama from the top shelf, and my sister got a baby pink one. we loved them and were obsessed with tamas for years.. they went through a lot, such as debugging and my sister dropping hers in the toilet. soon enough, we got more tamas. i think my second one was a yellow butterfly V2. I remember talking to some friends in the back yard at night, being so eager to get as many GP as we could to buy a UFO from the store. We only had like 80 GP... lol.

anyway, i had so many good memories from tamas. at the moment, i have 14 and i play with them every couple of months and then get bored. i have every generation made, and then the tama colour. i dont really tell anyone that i have tamagotchis.. i mentioned them a couple weeks ago and my friends were like "oh my gosh! i remember those! hahaha.. i wouldn't ask for that for christmas though...." so i guess tamas will be my little secret for now ;)

DSi's ok. the only reason I got it was my DS lite broke(the DS lite is really fragile lol)

I cannot WAIT for AC3DS either! looks sooooo amazing! I went to target yesterday hoping to find out when AC3D would come out. this worker in his twenties

said: can I help you?

Me:nah, what I'm looking for isn't out yet

Worker: I may be able to give you some info, what is it?

Me: animal crossing 3DS

Worker: Oh! I'm waiting for that to come out too!

Me:errr... so do you have any info?

Worker: no...

I thought it was kind of cute that a dude in his twenties was looking forward to AC3D.

tama story:

the summer before I started second grade I went to japan to visit relatives. my cousin had an egg thingy around her neck, I asked in japanese: what's that egg thingy?

she replied: oh! it's a tamangotchi[Ta-Ma-nGo-tChi] (that's how you pronounce it correctly)

with a proud look. I watched it curiously all evening. it was a V3 or v4 I think , I can't remember. near bed-time I saw it take a bath. I was taken. I told my mom that I HAD to have one and I COUlDN'T wait to get one for a single moment. but I didn't get one. On the plane back to america I was devastated. both me and my mom thought there was no chance of them being in any stores in the US. but my mom, seeing my crushed look halfheatedly suggested that we could look in a toysRus for some tamas. well when we got home we took a day off to ease the jet lagg. the next day my mom went to do some errands and I tagged along. when we stopped at toysRus imagine our suprise when on the nearest rack, a new shipment of V1s and V2s was waiting for us! I bought one of each and my tamagotchi adventure began. I have persevered through bullies, haters, and skepticals. moving across the country, going on vacations...

on every trip there was almost always one pixelated pet in my pocket, or on a lanyard, or on a hairband on my wrist. now I am a freshman in highschool, and still going strong tama-wise!
I have a DSi now, but I had NO IDEA my friend Fwoggy would decide to give me her Nintendogs (she got Nintendogs+Cats on her 3DS) and now I've got to say I actually love that as much as Tamas. :mimitchi: I guess I got her into Tamas, and she returned the favor!

~ Dazzmina ~

Before i get into my tama story i would just like to point out that i have a DSI and i love it..... but i don't think it's quite as awesome as tamagotchi.

MY TAMA STORY:

So i was about 10 or something like that and i had seen people at my school carrying around V3s and playing with them. Everyone seemed to have one apart from me. One day i asked my friend how they work. My friend was happy to explain and even let me play with hers. After that i was hooked. My best friend had also heard about them and got hooked into them too. Then i got my first ever tamagotchi the v3 for my 11th birthday, i can't remember what design it was but all i remember is it was purple :p . Anyway so seen as though i was new to everything i hadn't quite got the hang of taking care of it, and it kept dying. But i never gave up on it. And so that Christmas my parents brought me and my brother a V4, he got a green one and i got my pink one. My brother wasn't all that keen on them and kept getting universals. He was also always asking me to take care of tama for him. By this time i had a little bit more experience and i had some research, so i was happy to help him raise his tama, and we eventually turned his tama into a Memetchi!! He was very happy and so was i. Anyways he got sick of his after a while and ended up giving it to my best friend. I wish i had asked for it!!

So then i started collecting and i now have 12 tamagotchi, and i'm still working on getting more. I'm aiming to get a couple more Music stars, and another V3, and V4.5 because i love those versions so much!! But the one thing that i think is what i want the most is a IDL!!! But i don't think it will ever happen :p

Sakura <3

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a Furby and there was me. I loved that furry little noisemaker for some reason and it led me to start scouring the internet for info on Furby. In my searches I kept hearing about this strange little Japanese egg shaped VPet called Tama something. I had previously been made aware of the Tama's competitor the Giga Pets' existance by my niece but at the time I rejected the concept outright as stupid. Why would I want to spend time caring for a little digital animal? Why? I ask you. Why?!!

So in my searches for Furby info I kept hearing about the Tama something. I became interested and despite my previous doubts about keychain pets I hit up Kay Bee toys and bought a few on clearance. Turns out I was wrong I COULD enjoy taking care of a little digital creature. And here I am.

And as much as I like video games a single one of my dog VPets is worth a million DSes to me. Game systems are mere devices. VPets are companions.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am so like everybody else when it comes to tamas....

when the tama craze was around, i desperately wanted a tama. everybody i knew had a tama and they would name them and play games with them ALL DAY. so, of course i wanted one since i wanted a dog but of course i got a no. (off topic: i even asked for a pack of tic tac's and my dad said no. ???!!! :angry: ) so, i finally got a tama then i wasn't allowed to open it until the last day of school. :angry: :angry:

i stayed faithful to tamas until two years later, when i, like everybody else, got into ds's, leaving tamagotchis behind.

fast forward to like july or something.....

okay, i have this problem with guilt. when i'm guilty, it stays with me ALL THE TIME. so, when i saw my poor tamagotchis blowing all the batteries, i felt sorry and started up my v4.5 again. i found out i really do like tamas and decided to ask for more batteries. (thankfully, i didn't get a no this time, seeing as i used my sister and her tamagotchi as my weapon ;) ) so, now i'm begging for tamas for christmas presents again. :D

but i still got a no. :angry: at least for now when they see my wishlist... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back