My Uncle Died

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken~Wings

Reaction score
My Uncle Danny died yesterday, September 23.

He was in his apartment when his neighboor's fire alarm went off. The fire department called her to see if there was a fire, so she went outside to see if there was a fire anywhere near. She saw smoke coming from Uncle Danny's apartment, so she went to his door to see if he was okay. Suprisingly, he answered the door, and then he went back to see if there was a fire. (I don't get why either, he knew there was a fire, he doesn't have any pets or anything, and he lived by himself.) He never came back outside, he died. My mom and I were thinking about why he would go back inside, and the only reason we could think of was that he wanted to die. He had a bad life, recovering alcholic, old room mate stole his truck, his mom recently died, he said to my mom only a few days that he was lonely. The funeral will be on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. somewhere in Georgia, and he will be cremated.

I just can't think of any reason why he would go back in the apartment knowing there was a fire, except for that he wanted to die. And that makes me very upset to know..

Broken~Wings

Awww, BW!

I am SO sorry fr your loss. :D

But, he'll be watching over you from heaven, protecting you as best he can. :rolleyes:

He's safe now.

I am so sorry B~W!
Umino is right, he will make sure to keep you safe. He is in a happy place, Try to think of all the good times with your uncle.
Thanks to both of you.

Thats just the thing (the bolded), I don't remember any good times with him, thwe only times I ever remember him is when he was drunk and very upset after my grandma Ethel died..

Broken~Wings

Im sorry. Losing someone important to you is very hard, is it not?

It seems to me as if your uncle was depressed, and in a way killed himself. But, you know, he isn't suffering anymore. He's in a happier place. He has no stress on him, nothing to worry about, he's care free now!! :) It can be hard to lose a loved one though, can't it? When you are feeling bad, just think about how much happier he is now. :angry:

maybe he went back to see if the WAS a fire. and maybe he couldnt get out and died.
He knew there was a fire, the lady saw the smoke coming from his apartment.. I dunno, it's kind of confusing.

Broken~Wings

It seems to me as if your uncle was depressed, and in a way killed himself. But, you know, he isn't suffering anymore. He's in a happier place. He has no stress on him, nothing to worry about, he's care free now!! :) It can be hard to lose a loved one though, can't it? When you are feeling bad, just think about how much happier he is now. :angry:
Note This may upset BrokenWings,

I believe maybe he was depressed and wanted to die. So when she came and got him, he went back inside because he wanted to die, scary though o_O

Life is like that. You wun noe when a person will die .

I can understand that the feeling you feel when you uncle has passed away.I cry for very long and refuse to talk to anyone for about one week when my grandpa passed away . For these 1 week,i thought to myself hardly:everyone , even you are old or young,when the time comes,you will STILL pass away.Try not to think of it . Think of happy things . Of course,when your friends or relatives passed away,you will be sad.But Life,has to still go on . Thrash your bad memories away,as far as you can. Keep the good memories .

Cheer Up,Broken~wings :p

Dun think of it too much. Just stay cheerful !

PiinkishAverlyn

Maybe he went back inside because he was confused and didn't know what to do. If there is a heaven I'm sure he'll be happy now.

I remember when my Great, Great Uncle John died :( . He was 94 and I used to go see him every Wednesday and Sundays because he was also lonley and he never got married or had children [he was even in the world war fighting kinda thing :p ]. I remember him showing me his food thing that they had in the war days. When he was on his last couple of months he got very confused and didn't understand what was happening and that was very upsetting when we had to get him put in a home - he said he didn't like it. But he wasn't well enough to be on his own & died in hospital :( .

Just try and think of good things, not necessarily memories of you together but when he felt happy.

Thaks guys, my mom and I are driving down to Georgia today for the funeral. My mom said that he made the paper and he's someone on the internet, pictures of the house burnt (Well it wasn't burnt completely to the ground, its structure is still veiwable.) and the nightstand where they found him dead. They say they think he went back inside to get his keys, wallet, and cell phone. Oh, and they found the guy that stole his truck, he's in jail. But they can't find the truck..

My moms old friend, Connie, (and I don't know if I can beleive this or not, it's kind... Out there...) she says she can close her eyes and say, "Danny Long *my uncle, we don't have the same last name.* come to me.." And she saw my Uncle Danny and his mom standing together, just happier than ever. Danny was smiling a smirkish grin, twirling a ring on his fingert (we couldn't figure that part out, he wasn't married..). My grandmother (his mom) wearing a turquiose dress standing next to him, just smiling away. So it calmed my mom down a little bit. :p

Broken~Wings

Sorry to hear that. My great grandma just passed sometime between yesterday and the day before. :D I don't know funeral stuffs yet.

I feel so sorry! My great-grandmother died on my best friends birstday, and my Uncle Doyle died a few months ago when a dumptruck toppled over onto his car. The last funeral I went to was for my uncle and one of his other neices did the eulogy (spelling?) and it was actually pretty nice. It gave us all a smile. She said, "Close your eyes and think of a memory...one of a time that Uncle Doo-Doo (his nickname XD) made you smile...now smile back." And everyone was smiling and crying at the same time.

Anyway, I know what your going through, and its really sad. But, fortunately he's watching down on my the same way your uncle is watching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back