My V4 has no sound! D:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shopgirl998

Reaction score
So I was playing with my V4 and I accidently dropped it. When I pressed the buttons it didn't make any noise. I changed the battery, reset it, checked to see if the sound was off, and when it said it was on it still didn't make any noises. I took it apart and looked inside to see if I could fix anything abnormal but everything was put together fine? Do I need to give my tama major surgery? :eek:

What probably happened was that one of the sound wires came loose. If you open the back up to the circuit board (which I don't recommend unless you wish to damage your Tama further :p ) you'd see that there are two sound wires soldered to the shell. One of those probably got unhooked. If it really bugs you a lot, then you can have an adult (or yourself, but I must recommend an adult ;) ) solder it to the back. I've never tried this, but read that it works. If you do open the back, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! Put all the parts in a secure place so you don't lose them. Don't touch the circuit board!

Good luck. ;)

Oh my gosh! I recently bought a V3 second hand and it has almost no sound at all! I am gonna try this for sure!

You should probably leave it, unless you have another 10 qiud to spare to buy you another one just in case, but what violetchiluvr3 said is true, if yu perform the mjor surgery well, it should be fine!

The speaker inside a Tamagotchi is a thin sheet of metal. If it gets bent, or if one of the wires inside is pressing up against it, the volume will be low or there may be no sound at all. Test if the sound is working after you've loosened the screws (this will relieve pressure if something is pressing up against it.) The speaker wires are soldered on and may also then be glued in place (as a strain relief, because solder is brittle.) Even if it looks like the sound wires are properly connected, the solder connection may have been broken. Find someone with experience using a soldering iron, and have them inspect it.

Hey, if you decide to take a look inside your tama, I made some instructions a while ago, you can see them here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/175098-replacing-buttons/page__fromsearch__1

Just remember to be REALLY SUPER CAREFUL when handling an open tama; you don't want to break anything! The instructions are for replacing buttons, but you probably won't have to go past step two. I hope it gets fixed soon!

If it has come unhooked and you can't get it re-soldered, sometimes it's possible to gently tape it back on there. I did it to my sister's tamagotchi and it worked for quite a while until I broke it further...

If something happens like this, I think you should take it to a shop for them to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back