My V6 got wet...Now it's HAUNTED!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem. I was washing my hands in the sink, then somehow it slipped in there and got a bunch of water in it. xD It did the same thing as yours. So I put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Worked pretty well ^.^

EEK. That sounds scary. O__O More reasons to be a bit afraid of my Music Star. (yes, I'm crazy.) It's never happened to me, and I hope it never does, but I have heard that the rice thing works really well. Good luck! :)

my younger brother's tama-go got wet so he put out his tama-go to dry, but he forgot to take back in when it started to rain so it's all wet again LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped my P2 in a cup of tea the other day. I didn't even notice until I'd drunk the tea and realised that it was at the bottom. I thought that was the end of it and that it would never work again. As I was out I had no screw driver on me so I couldn't take it out. I managed to get the back cover off an then took the batteries out and let it dry out. I then put the batteries in and it didn't power up. After a few more hours it started up but none of the button responded.

When I got home I put new batteries in and opened it up. There was some corrosion on the button parts so I cleaned it off with a damp cloth and put it back together! It works like brand new now :) the only thing that I lost was my poor mimitchi :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ages ago, I think my V4 slipped in the sink, or I wanted to clean the dirt off it. When I went downstairs and put it on a table, then went to play Wii, it suddenly started beeping by itself. I tried pressing buttons to make it better, but it didn't help. When I shook it a few times, it was better. So basically if its wet a tiny bit, you can just shake it :)

Hmmm... I think Tama-Gos are more durable than the other versions. I dropped my Tama-Go in a big mug of orange juice (I don't know HOW I did that XD) whereas the Music Star just got a little bit of moisture inside it... The Music Star got wrecked but my Tama-Go still worked perfectly! (Yeah, I still can use my Music Star but the haunted buttons scare me XD)

Oh, it was moisture! That's why. I think because its sticky, it attacked the Music Star More. But Water/Juice is liquidy, so it will get better quicker.

Another reason might be that (I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or not), but the Music Star is a tiny bit thinner than the Tama-go; It also "rests" (like when you put it down on a table) on its back, with not much thickness. (Everyone following?) It's easier to get to the circuit board because its so thin.

In Binary's log, he mentioned that there's some extra space between the circuit board and the actual Tama, therefore making it harder for liquids (such as orange juice) to seep through the cracks and get to it. If you took your Tama-go out of the cup really fast, it's possible that the juice didn't actually get to the circuit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back