My Would-Be Self

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"O-oh. Hi? I'm Yuna, and yes, I am the Queen's chair. Aren't you that dude who was messing with us?" Yuna said, confusedly. "Lucky for you, I'm that dudette who gives people second chances. Anyway, I know how you feel, Lyle. I've been turned into a sophisticated and polite Yuna because of my charas, and, at the worst of times."

Yuna stared at Ryoku now, twirling her hair. She put her eyes back on Lyle. "By the way, you -" before she could continue, Adrianna and Ariana came fluttering down the street. "Hey, what are you two doing here? i thought I told you to stay home and take care of my cake."

"Hey Yuna! We actually added a few more teaspoons of baking powder and it sped it up! It's done right now." Ariana said. Adrianna continued with her own sentence, "I see you're talking to that Lyle guy? We need explanations, Yuna, and we need them now."

Adrianna gestured towards Lyle and Ryoku, with one eyebrow up. Yuna rolled her eyes. Ariana on the other hand, was already curtseying towards Lyle, and was about to do the same to Ryoku. "I was really going to Cain's house. He was driving by and decided to stop. Right, Lyle?"

Yuna put on her flirtatious smirk, and she twirled her hair more girlier than she ever had. Adrianna and Ariana looked at her. They knew what was happening, and it wasn't that Yuna wanted to convince Lyle. Adrianna and Ariana were already convinced, but there was something else they were suspicious about. The same thing happened with Cain. Adrianna and Ariana smirked also, and already had in both of their minds what was happening to Yuna.

Another love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyle shoved hands in his pockets as he took yet another step back from Yuna. He still couldn't believe the trouble that his Chara had just gotten him into, yet it seemed to be working. He really couldn't tell if it was his own "victimization" and weakness that Ryoku forced him to display that made him at least slightly attractive to the girl. That, or it was whatever that charming of his that he had somehow managed to pull off. Either way, as much as he hated to admit it, Lyle knew a flirtatious girl when he saw one, and Yuna was about as obvious as a billboard. One look at Ryoku told him that his little Chara was already plotting something. All he had to do was play along.

"Technically...I walked here...I live just a few blocks down the road," he mumbled softly. "And technically I wasn't doing anything to you this morning. You interrupted our work." Lyle's voice became bitter as he stared at the ground.

"Oh come now, Lyle," Ryoku chided. "There's no need to be so harsh. They're giving us a second chance, so let's play nice." Ryoku floated up to Arianna, bowed, and blew her a kiss. "See? It's not that hard to be civil." Lyle's face turned red once again as he watched Ryoku float back to his side.

"What are you doing?!" Lyle whispered so that only Ryoku would hear. He was already losing track as to where his Chara wanted to go with this whole act, and he didn't how much longer he would be able to keep up any kind of conversation.

"I'm getting us an ally. Just keep being the silly boy that you are and I'll turn on the confidence when you need it." With a grin and a snap of Ryoku's fingers, the fleur-de-lis reappeared on Lyle's collar. The boy gave a gentlemanly bow to Yuna then stood back up. The fleur-de-lis disappeared again and Lyle returned to his red-faced embarrassment.

"See, Lyle, that wasn't so bad," Ryoku chuckled.

((It's fine. It gave Lyle something to talk about. You can still post if you want.))

"Hey, Onerai-kun..." Isan's expression quickly changed from distant to worried when Onerai began explaining Cain's situation, and all his thoughts about Lyle disappeared for the moment. "Cain-kun is sick? So that's why he wasn't at school today, the poor dear!" Isan crossed his arms, his expression now appearing very cross. "And just what is he thinking, going to the store to buy his own medicine? Someone needs to knock some sense into that stubborn boy." Tapping his toe against the ground, Isan's mind started coming up with ideas. Hmm...what to do, what to do... Snapping his fingers, Isan reverted his attention back to Mizu. "Hey, Mizu-chan, let's both go home and take naps. If you want to join me, I'm probably going to visit Cain-kun a little bit after my nap to check up on him."

"Ah, okay," Mizu replied sleepily. "I'll see you later! Bye!"

She turned the corner and plodded towards her apartment building, Rei following.

They went up the elevator and went into Mizu's apartment.

"Let's both get a good rest, okay, Rei?" Mizu smiled.

"Right!" Rei agreed.

And without even bothering to take off her uniform, Mizu collapsed onto her bed.

X-Eggs were everywhere. The black cloud of them was so thick, Mizu could hardly see. A section of the eggs moved away, revealing a figure trapped in the center. He was surrounded by X-Eggs, and they binded his legs and arms. Then, the figure became clear.

"Isan-kun!!!" Mizu shrieked, but her voice was not heard. "ISAAAANNN!"

"AH!" Mizu snapped up in a cold sweat, breathing hard.

"Mizu-chan, you all right?" Rei asked. "You completely fell out of bed!"

Mizu looked around her. She was on the floor, her blankets with her. Her hair was messy, the braid Yuna had formed it into long gone.

"U-um yeah, Rei. Just a dream, that's all," Mizu replied shakily.

Just a dream...Mizu repeated to herself. Still, she couldn't shake the bad feeling the dream had given her.

"Let's go check on Isan. I wonder if he's up yet?" Mizu said.

Isan waved as Mizu headed over to her apartment building. "See you in a little while, Mizu-chan, Rei-chan!" Once Mizu and her Chara had entered the building, Isan turned left at the intersection instead of right like the girls did and headed toward his house. He walked up to the front door, then knocked on the wood as he waited for his mother to answer the door.

Instead, Isan's little brother answered the door. The darker-skinned boy jerked his head toward the interior of the house. "Hey, get in here, Bro." He closed the door after Isan had entered, then headed back upstairs to play more video games.

Isan dropped his books off on a bench, as well as removed his shoes by the door. "I'm home!" He yelled out, hearing his mother reply somewhere from in the kitchen. Running upstairs, Isan entered his bedroom and threw himself upon his bed's mattress. Almost instantly after setting a one-hour alarm on his phone, the Joker fell asleep fully clothed on his bed.

X-Eggs were everywhere. The black cloud of them was so thick, Isan could hardly see. A section of the eggs moved away, revealing a figure standing outside of the cloud. Isan struggled to break free and reach the figure, but he was surrounded by X-Eggs and they bound his legs and arms. Then, the figure became clear.

"Mizu-chan!!!" Isan hollered, but his voice was not heard. He could see her trying to call out to him as well, but nothing could be heard above the "Muni!"'s of the countless X-Eggs. Isan gritted his teeth, screaming after Mizu once more as the cloud of X-Eggs began to carry him away. "MIIIIIZUUUUUUU!!!!"

With a violent twitch and a gasp, Isan awoke in his bed. He was drenched with sweat, and all of his sheets and stuffed animals had been knocked off of the bed and onto the floor. Shakily removing his shirt to dry off both himself and the piece of clothing, Isan rubbed his eyes. What a realistic dream... He thought, staring out his window in deep thought. What could it have meant?

Isan hissed, jolting upright and running out of his room with his shirt still off. Dangit, I hope Mizu isn't waiting for me! He thought, running into the kitchen to grab a few cookies to bring for Cain. Putting them into a small plastic container, Isan put his damp shirt back on as he ran out into the hallway. He made sure to put his Guardian Egg case back on after sliding his feet into his shoes. "I'll be back shortly!" Isan yelled over his shoulder, soon running out the door and to the intersection to meet Mizu. Phew, she hasn't gotten here yet... He thought with a relieved sigh, casually shifting his weight onto one leg.

Mizu walked along the sidewalk to meet Isan. Stretching, she bathed in the warm rays of the sun.

"Aaah! I sure feel better after that nap, huh Rei?" she said.

"Yeah!" Rei said, floating happily beside Mizu.

She reached the intersection and quickened her pace to meet Isan.

"Hey Isan!" she said.

Mizu once again thought about that strange dream she had had.

Should I tell him about it? she wondered. No... it was just a dream afterall.

"Shall we go, then?"

The bell on the door of the convenience store rang as Taiyo walked in, Fushigi trailing faithfully behind him.

Ugh, he thought. All I wanted to do when I got home was take a long nap and catch up on my anime, but no!

He recalled what his mother had said to him just a few minutes before.

"Taiyo!!!" his mother yelled while dealing with screaming toddlers with purple fingerpaints.

"What?!" Taiyo called back from his room, slowly making his way out to the kitchen.

"I need you to pick up some instant noodles for dinner! I'm too busy to fix something tonight!" she said.

Um, yeah. I can see that, he thought as he watched one of his little brothers spread fingerpaint all over the wall.

"Fine, mom," Taiyo sighed unhappily. "I'll just go to the corner convenience store."

He walked back to his room to get his jacket.

"Come on, Fushigi. We need to get some noodles."

"What?!" protested Fushigi. "But I want to stay home and read War and Peace! I'm just getting to page 2!"

"Come on!!!!" Taiyo said, and stuffed Fushigi in his jacket pocket.

"MMMPPPPFF!" replied a quite annoyed Fushigi.

Taiyo was changing into his sneakers when his little brother came running up to him, purple-ness still dripping from his hands.

"Hey onee-chan onee-chan onee-chaaan!!!"

"What?!" said Taiyo.

"Get me the spicy noodles! The really hot ones, okay?!" he said.

"Um.. okay?"

Taiyo's little sister then ran up also.

"AND I WANT A BIG BOX OF CANDY!" she screamed.

"Sure..." Taiyo said, and dashed out the door before the purple goop could drip on his new sneakers.

And that's why I'm here, Taiyo sighed, looking at the noodle section.

"Let's see, I like shrimp, dad likes chicken, mom likes mushroom..." he pondered to himself, selecting an extra spicy jalapeno ramen for his little brother with a slightly evil grin.

Once he selected the noodles, he noticed Fushigi was not behind him anymore.

"Fushigi?!" he called. "Fushigi?!"

Taiyo spun around to find himself staring at the pet section, and Fushigi trapped in a hamster ball.

"What are you doing?!" Taiyo said, unscrewing the top of the ball and lifting Fushigi out.

"I say!" sputtered Fushigi. "Some really fat lady came along and I had to hide! She would have squashed me!"

"Whatever", sighed Taiyo. "Let's just get "a big box of candy" and get out of here."

Taiyo exited the shop, carrying his plastic bag and sipping on the orange soda he had purchased when he spotted Mizu and Isan standing at the intersection. He raced over to them.

"Hey guys!" he said. "Are you going to check on Cain? I'd be happy to join you."

Isan grinned as Mizu approached him once she reached the intersection. "Hey, Mizu, Rei! Did you guys manage to get a good nap in?" Just before she could respond, Taiyo came running up to meet them while carrying plastic bags, most likely containing groceries. Isan turned and nodded to the taller boy. "Sure thing, bro! Let's get going then." And with that, the tree of them started off in the direction of Cain's neighborhood. I wonder if I should tell them about my dream... Isan wondered, his gaze briefly drifting to his feet in thought. ...Nah, it's probably nothing... Shaking his head, the curly brunette brushed thoughts of his dream aside.

Wiggle, wiggle...*Click*

Isan looked down with surprise at his Egg Case and immediately a broad grin appeared on his face. "Romeo-kun! You're awake!"

Romeo rubbed his eyes, yawning and then floating up to sit on Isan's shoulder. "Hola, Isan. That was a good nap...!" Realizing what time of day it was, Romeo instantly became fully awake. The little red Chara looked at Isan with a confused look on his face. "Wait, what did I miss???"

Isan chuckled. "Haha, nothing much, Romeo-kun...except for the entire school day!"

Mizu and Rei giggled at Romeo.

The three continued to walk until they reached Cain's house. It looked quiet inside.

So, um... I guess I'll ring the doorbell," Mizu said.

She reached up and pushed the small button. The sound of the bell echoed.

"I wonder if anybody's home."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back