Myspace

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is as safe as you want it to be. If you choose to give out a bunch of personal information, then thats really stupid of you. Don't trust anyone on the internet. For all you know, I could be a 80 year old pervert. (Don't worry, I'm not. xD) Myspace could be just as dangerous as TT.

What do you guys think myspace? is it ok for children i mean what about the stalkers they can talk to 17 year olds! and not even no! well heres the tragic story of a young girl if you want to read it click Here leave posts after you read it :D
I have heard of that very tragic story. I don't agree with paper*cut. Just think it's not true that you're in danger because your stupid. It's probably just because there are stalkers around, they stalk, they kill. Not only can someone you don't know kill you, but just like that story, you can get so because they annoyed you, then you might kill yourself, if you're not careful. :p

Stay safe,

TC1200

I agree with paper*cut. If your not smart and give away your personal info to some stranger. Yes, that would be considered stupid! Every where you go there petofiles but these days kids are on facebook and myspace 24/7. It's like no one is a true "kid" anymore but that my opinion. I do have a myspace and its on private. If a stranger asks me for a friend request i hit deny immediatly and no questions asked. You never know who is behind that computer screen. We all have to be careful and stay safe even on TT! Have fun and stay safe everyone! :D

~Mamitchi465

yes very much agreed mamitchi465 i do think that if the kids these days were smart would be able to handle one. But then again we have some smart kids that dont give personal information

and there profiles are kept on private. So if you are mature enough and you think you can handle it then you can get one. but if your parents dont monitor or check there kids myspace then theres no protection to the kids

There's really nothing unsafe about Myspace as long as your careful about your actions...Like set your profile to private and only let your friends add you and make sure your full name isen't your myspace screen name.

If your stupid enough to give out your personal details to someone you don't know at all it's your fault.

Myspace is only as safe as you make it. If you're going to be a complete idiot and post a pic of yourself and give out every single bit of information anyone will ever know about you, and not bother to put your page on private, then you have just created a very unsafe environment for yourself.

Know your limits, guys. Keep your page on private, only allow people you know to access your page and add to your friends list.

This pretty much goes for any site, including TT. Just don't give out anything extremely personal and you should be ok. Report any issues immediately if someone is like harassing you, etc.

Exactly.

Here's a trick:

If you don't want to give out your real b-day, don't.

Always remember a fake b-day to give out to any site.

If you always remember it, you won't fret when you have to retrieve a password or something.

mametchi :)

I used to have a myspace, but I deleted it. I don't like it really. I prefer facebook, which you can set to be much more private. I only have friends as people I know, because I don't need to be friends with random people. Just be careful on that site if your going to use it.

Well I am 10 and I faked my age because alot of people in my family have myspace accounts one of my cousins is 11 and she faked her age. But she and I have our profiles set on private we dont have any personal information on our profiles and we only have friends from school and our family as our friends on myspace but I only have one friend from school that has a myspace account. But as long as you do all of that you are probably not in any danger.

Well I am 10 and I faked my age because alot of people in my family have myspace accounts one of my cousins is 11 and she faked her age. But she and I have our profiles set on private we dont have any personal information on our profiles and we only have friends from school and our family as our friends on myspace but I only have one friend from school that has a myspace account. But as long as you do all of that you are probably not in any danger.
Yup, your acting really responsible on Myspace, but my sister who is 10, thinks that she can give out as many details as she wants and it wont give anything away, someone could easily track her...

:rolleyes: Chocola :angry:

[SIZE=7pt]If younger kids aren't stupid, and they set their accounts on private, what can happen?[/SIZE]

I have a myspace and from what I've experienced it's totally fine. You can set it up so that the only people allowed to see your profile are people you add to your friends. The only people I talk to are people I know in real life and if someone bothers you you can report them and block them. I think it's fine but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back