N00b Calling?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thank you for reading this topic. This former n00b naming really does hurt our feelings and may get us ticked off :angry: :( because of this. If you are up to stop this nonsense POST!

Comments Posting Rules:

1. Keep them clean

2. You may post how us-so-called-n00bs feel.

3. No spamming, flamming, bad talk,... ect.

4. Just Express How You Feel!

[SIZE=14pt]Um... N00b or newbie or even newb, means a new person to a game or forum...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Um... N00b or newbie or even newb, means a new person to a game or forum...[/SIZE]
Unfortunately, calling someone a "n00b" in that spelling usually is regarding a new person who is disruptive in chats and disrespectful to others on forums and in chats by breaking rules and other offenses usually frowned upon in online communities. They can also be known as trolls, nubs, pests and probably other fun names :eek:

However I do agree that new people who aren't the drama inducing trolls get labelled in chats and TC quite a bit and then it's almost impossible to get used to such a chatroom because regulars can/have formed cliques and seem to like using strength in numbers in making some new people feel unwelcome. I'd like to see some of the regulars of TC ease up on the people who don't quite understand the place yet and leave the pesty ones to the guides instead of making themselves look just as foolish starting stuff up with them.

Unfortunately, calling someone a "n00b" in that spelling usually is regarding a new person who is disruptive in chats and disrespectful to others on forums and in chats by breaking rules and other offenses usually frowned upon in online communities.  They can also be known as trolls, nubs, pests and probably other fun names :eek:
However I do agree that new people who aren't the drama inducing trolls get labelled in chats and TC quite a bit and then it's almost impossible to get used to such a chatroom because regulars can/have formed cliques and seem to like using strength in numbers in making some new people feel unwelcome. I'd like to see some of the regulars of TC ease up on the people who don't quite understand the place yet and leave the pesty ones to the guides instead of making themselves look just as foolish starting stuff up with them.
I agree completely. O__O

It really makes me angry when people are bullies to new members for no reason. It's like, if you were new, wouldn't you just want to feel WELCOMED instead of being called 'n00b' over and over again?

And it really makes me sad about how people judge people by the way they TYPE. Some people use txt tlk. GET OVER IT. It's the way they type, it's not your problem. If you think it's annoying just BLOCK THEM. It's that easy. If you make a big deal about how someone types, then you're just immature. ;(

Txt tlk is just an easy way to communicate, and although the majority of members on TamaTalk don't use it, it doesn't mean people should be rude to those who do.

And when people ask new people their age...oh my gosh. If the member is kind of young, one of the existing members usually comments about how they're too young to be on a chatroom and everyone joins in and eventually starts totally making fun of the new member for no reason. Yeah, that's just gross.

And if the new member claims to be over 15, no one believes them and starts making fun of them. It doesn't make sense!

And yes, some of them MAY be lying about they're age, but that's because they're insecure. How would you feel if you were new to a place, and everyone was chatting about some inside joke, and you didn't get it AND people were making fun of you at the same time? Yeah, kinda sucks, doesn't it?

And some new people spam, okay. And yes, it's annoying. But they're NEW. They probably don't know the rules. And instead of totally yelling and screaming at them, just tell them sternly to stop. It works way better, trust me.

Yeah, sorry guys ^__^; But that was my little shpeel, because this has been totally bugging me for a while. Thanks for listening.

Love,

CB

Last edited by a moderator:
Newb = New person and should be helped out if they arent used to the place.

Noob = annoying, spammer, rule breaker, txt tlker, overall obnoxious.

I rarely call noob, but if someone is not new and they are acting like one, then I call it as I see it. I try to help new members when they come into TC, but when you have told them spamming is not allowed 15 times in a matter of 5 minutes and they still dont listen....it gets a little annoying. I report those types of things to guides, but yes, some people do jump on new people calling them noobs without giving them a chance. Please see it from their point of view as well though. People who have been banned over and over are finding ways to get back into TC, but instead of coming in on the banned account they just make a new one. So, this account looks like a brand new member, but it is instead an older member who was banned for breaking rules and they admit its them after coming in and causing problems. So when a new person comes in, everyone is skeptical of them for a while until they get to know them.

This is no fault of yours or any new members out there. Its just the way the cookie crumbles. Those few bads ones ruin it for the good ones. Kinda like ** being a scammer on neopets, its people like her that ruin it for the rest of the honest players.

I do agree that the drama needs to chill out in there, especially towards new members.

**Please refrain from public shaming. **

That gets annoying when people call other people n00bs. I;m just chatting with someone, minding my own business then SOMEBODY says "Shut up Pikachu Lover you stupid n00b" :p

Thank you for reading this topic. This former n00b naming really does hurt our feelings and may get us ticked off :p :p because of this. If you are up to stop this nonsense POST!Comments Posting Rules:

1. Keep them clean

2. You may post how us-so-called-n00bs feel.

3. No spamming, flamming, bad talk,... ect.

4. Just Express How You Feel!
~My Opinion~

First off, n00b is one of those things that everyone I know has a different definition of. I just look at this 'n00b naming' like another label; worthless, a waste of time, and quite immature. You just can't go anywhere online without someone being humiliated at some time. It is very crazy, and really tends to bug me.

Unfortunately, calling someone a "n00b" in that spelling usually is regarding a new person who is disruptive in chats and disrespectful to others on forums and in chats by breaking rules and other offenses usually frowned upon in online communities. They can also be known as trolls, nubs, pests and probably other fun names :p
[SIZE=14pt]Oh.. People should call people New people not noobs...? People who don't bring drama to chats shouldn't be labeled noobs, as you said... [/SIZE]

The way I see it, the term n00b is used by an older member who thinks they're so high and mighty to describe a member that's new to the site. And it's pretty annoying.

[SIZE=14pt]Oh.. People should call people New people not noobs...? People who don't bring drama to chats shouldn't be labeled noobs, as you said... [/SIZE]
Well it is how it is. Best thing to do is know when to ignore the troublesome ones and when to welcome and help the nicer, new people :p

The way I see it, the term n00b is used by an older member who thinks they're so high and mighty to describe a member that's new to the site. And it's pretty annoying.
I would disagree. Older members who think their holier than thou I see them called more as just troublesome like the rest of the pesty bunch :p But in most cases those kind you are possibly speak of don't usually become regulars on an online community for long since they're usually dealt with :p A troll is a troll is a troll.

Just sayin'

Unfortunately, calling someone a "n00b" in that spelling usually is regarding a new person who is disruptive in chats and disrespectful to others on forums and in chats by breaking rules and other offenses usually frowned upon in online communities. They can also be known as trolls, nubs, pests and probably other fun names :p
I agree 100%

I don't go on TC regularily, but when I do they're always public shaming someone.

Can we has backseat modding?

N00b is a misused term, it's true, but usually it's all in good fun--and, it's one of the most widely used terms ever on the web. Along with 'omfg' and 'wtf'. But, what I have is bakas (lols, random Japanese in an english sentance wtf), who randomly say "OMGURN000000000000000000000000000000000(tims infnty)BBB!!!!!1"

You would only be called a noob in there if you were acting rude, txt tlking, causing other members trouble, spamming, or just being stupid.

It's not like people get called a noob when they first enter TC. The people already in TC see how you type/act and decide whether they should dub you as 'noob' or not. Usually it's the latter (unfortunately..).

Regards,

Ice

I share the same views as TL.

I'm really sick of the regulars not giving newers/less experienced chatters a chance. Instead, when one person labels someone a n00b for whatever reason, the rest gang up on them which is not cool. :rolleyes:

Some people are annoying but in this world it's a must to have patience, tolerance and giving people chances.

Calling other members "n00bs" is ridiculous behaviour. I don't care what the situation is, obnoxious member or not, there is no need to use terms like that and it does NOT gain you anything by using it. Everyone here is aware that if there is a problem member in TamaChat, they need to report that member to a Guide. We will handle it appropriately, rest assured. Calling a person names only does one of two things. Make an unsuspecting member feel horrible, or give a trolling member more excitement because they are getting a rise out of you.

Honestly, I have a very low tolerance level for that kind of clique behaviour.

This is Zoria/Kishu Inu.

I just want to say you're only called a 'n00b' if you act like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back