Need advice...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily12

Reaction score
This sorta has been happening a lot in the school I'm in. The school I go to is a majority of African-Americans and Hispanics. Most of the kids in my school like hip-hop, don't speak very proper english, and are very loud. Something I am not. Well one day we had this cultural thing or whatever where we say are culture and that we are proud to be who we are (not everyone had to do it, but I did it anyway.) So while we were waiting to go on stage this guy (he was a student) asked me what my background was. So I told him. Here is how the conversation goes:

Him: Oh, I thought you were just White.

Me: Why?

Him: Because your smart and speak very good english.

Me: So your saying that just because I'm intelligent and speak proper english that I'm automatically white?

After that he just walked away but I'm feeling very upset that someone who say that to me.

Any comments and/or advice on how to get this out of my head?

That guy is racist and pathetic, don't listen to him. Everyone gets teased racially one point in their life. I know I have. Just don't stooped to there level.

You can just get over it by saying bad things about him in your head, or right a letter to send your rage but don't send it and rip it up.

~SG~

That guy is racist and pathetic, don't listen to him. Everyone gets teased racially one point in their life. I know I have. Just don't stooped to there level.You can just get over it by saying bad things about him in your head, or right a letter to send your rage but don't send it and rip it up.

~SG~
Exactly. Tell the teacher too, most schools have anti-racism policies

Since I don't know the guy there is no way of getting him in trouble. I do hope that he will stop doing this because it is very hurtful and sooner or later he will get in more trouble if he keeps doing this later on in life. Anyway, thanks for the advice. :-]

That, my friend, is an average everyday racist. Dont let it bother you. The truth is, that there are millions of people out there that are racist to SOMEONE in SOMEWAY. Don't make a big deal about it and just accept it as a part of life. The truth is, life isn't fair and never will be, so might as well not make a big deal out of the simple not fair things.

This guy needs some common sense. Don't worry about it. You believe in what you want to believe in. He is Racist and should be disciplined.

Don't let it bother you ;)

Bronica

This sorta has been happening a lot in the school I'm in. The school I go to is a majority of African-Americans and Hispanics. Most of the kids in my school like hip-hop, don't speak very proper english, and are very loud. Something I am not. Well one day we had this cultural thing or whatever where we say are culture and that we are proud to be who we are (not everyone had to do it, but I did it anyway.) So while we were waiting to go on stage this guy (he was a student) asked me what my background was. So I told him. Here is how the conversation goes: 

Me: So your saying that just because I'm intelligent and speak proper english that I'm automatically white?

After that he just walked away but I'm feeling very upset that someone who say that to me.

So what nationality are you ? I, am personally african american and Asian. My school isn't like that. But I used to go to a school like that, back when I was in elementary.

So, what do you do ? Do you A, act like them and hope to fit in? or B, be yourself and be differed for ever?

NEITHER! Try to reframe from being around those who are rough and loud. Thats what I did. Eventually I met some kids who were more like me. We still know each other today. Even though I graduated! :)

As your friend i gotta say he is probley racist. I wouldn't really wanna be friends with a racist.

Ignore it. Totally, completely phase it out.

That's really racist and if I ever meet him, I'll kick him for you.

If it's reallu upset you, talk to your parents or teacher. Take a nice warm bath and chill out... Don't stress because if you talk to people about it then you'll feel a whole heap better =]

So what nationality are you ?
Sorry I totally forgot about this topic. xD I'm Native amrican,African American,Irish and Puerto Rican. I did tell a teacher about this and they had this whole meeting with the school on this issue. Thank god they didn't say me name. :] Thanks for your help.

Though, I know this happens to other people in there lifetime. I just hope it doesn't happen to anybody here. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back