New Here, But Not New To Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leahapold

Reaction score
Hey all!

My first Tamagotchis were the first one released and the second one released shortly after it when they were new in 1997. I also had several other pets including the two of the first Digimon digital pets, a Compu Kitty Giga Pet, a Nano Baby, a Pocket Puppy, and both of the Pikachu digital pets that were released and for a short time I had 2 Tamagotchi Connections from 2008 and had a Littlesest Pet Shop cat toy for a very brief time.

In 2008 while I was still attending a community college, I had an ex boyfriend who took most of my digital pets, unfortunately two of them were the Tamagotchi Connections I'd spent a lot of money on. Thankfully, except for the two Tamagotchi Connections, none of the others worked so at least there was that. I never wound up getting any of them back as the matter was not handled properly. There were other items stolen that were mostly video games, except for my Game Boy Advance which I got back, but was very scratched and I wound up getting rid of it a couple of years later when I decided it was too hard to see the screen to play it. Thankfully, I have my New 3DS XL so I'm not concerned about getting another Game Boy Advance right now.

After that, I wound up finding my Giga Pet. It was beeping, and my mom gave it to me. Its' battery died, and a new battery was put in. It seemed in great condition but it was dead with the new battery in so its' lifespan must have ended.

After that, I found my second Pikachu pet. It still worked very well. I dropped it at a movie theater because I had a purse which had a broken zipper compartment and the other worked for zipping things in. Since I prioritized my 3DS (The first one I had, before I turned it in for store credit later to put towards getting my current one.) I put the Pikachu pet in the one that had the broken zipper. The only people in the theater where my older brother and I, and two kids. When I found I did not have it, I looked all over the theater, and asked the theater. I also reported it to lost and found, and it was never found. I'm pretty sure it was picked up by the two kids, and kept by them. I'm pretty sure they were old enough they should have known to turn it in to lost and found instead of keep it.

Later on, I found my old first Tamagotchi which was lost at home. I kept it for a week, and got tired of it and foolishly got rid of it. I got one from e-bay after that, the same model, and it had batteries in it, apparently all new Tamagotchis do. I foolishly got rid of that one too.

Awhile later, I found a Littlest Pet Shop cat digital pet toy for $2 at a thrift store so I was very excited and got it. Unfortunately, it only half worked and would randomly shut off its screen after a short time and I'd put it back on, and it would keep doing that. I don't think I knew how to play with it either, and got bored with it. I had it less than a week, but I don't regret getting rid of it. It had charms on it.

On Tuesday, I got very lucky and was shopping at a Value Village nearby to where I live, and I was looking for a Furby (I am a Furby collector.) and went to look at the toy bags on the wall as there were no Furbys. I found a bag with a P2 Tamagotchi in it! The one I found is yellow with black zig zags on it that is animal print type, and funnily enough was the same pattern one of my old Tamagotchis had! So I got it, and after that luckily found 2 robot pets too.

Currently, I have 2 cats that I've now celebrated having them for 3 years. I've had them since just before they were 6 months old. Got them at 5 months old, after fostering their litter for five days. I still live with my parents, but I hope to get more Tamagotchis when I move out.

Anyway, just wanted to share my story.

Sincerely,

Leahapold

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TamaTalk! That's quite a story and I'm sure you'll have more luck here. I have a Gameboy Advanced and I'd recommend you try getting a Gameboy Advanced SP because it has a back-light and an AC Adapter (instead of buying a bunch of batteries). I have both models, solely to trade between the old Pokemon games. Did you know they made a Tamagotchi simulator for the Game Boy? I have that also and it's like more feature-filled (but intensive) P1/2 which can be found at reasonable price on Ebay. It's in English but the English it often token, like most Tamagotchis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back