Nintendo DSi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorcat_girl

Reaction score
Let's see now, I just got a Crimson/Black DS Lite nearly 3 months ago, and I love it. The thing is, the DSi looks so tempting, with it's internet, camera, SD card thingy and whatnot. But is it worth getting? Cause I would have to sell my DSL (which I don't even know how to sell) and I could save up for the rest. I don't play GBA games, so that wouldn't be a problem with the DSi. But for me, I don't know how I could sell my DSL to someone. =S Not cause I'm unwilling to part with it, I just don't know how. My dad would be unwilling to sell it online or something, so what can I do? Or, do you guys think the DSi isn't all that worth it? Opinions would be highly appreciated.

Think of it this way.

Clearly you already have internet, so the DSI isn't needed for that. Even if you had one, you'd have to be in a place that provides Wifi, which isn't always so easy to find. That use is pretty much void.

Now, the question is do you have a camera/digital camera?

If you have a digital camera, that already comes with an SD card, so there's again no need for the DSI.

If you don't have a camera I can understand wanting one, but even then some good cameras are cheaper than the DSI would be, and more than likely have better quality.

Judging that you JUST got your lite, I wouldn't bother with a DSI. Enjoy your lite. The DSI is basically the same thing, but with a few unnecessary add-ons.

If you're hell bent on getting a DSI, you can sell your DSL to most game stores, but you wont get nearly what you paid back. It just seems like a lot of saving up for something you already have.

Hmm...good points you got there! Great then, I'll just keep on with my DS Lite. Thanks a lot! :D

It depends, it sounds like the DSi is the next generation of DS.

Some of the features in it are:

Pictochat with rainbows(I'm guessing they mean different colors)

The ability to play and mess with music files

The ability to play, take and mess with photos

You can download programs kind of like WiiWare but for the DSi

That's all I know that is new about the DSi, so it may be worth getting if you are interested in having a DS that can do any of that.

I'm sticking with my DS lite. I honestly see no point in spending more money on a different system. I mean, it can do other things, but I just want mine for a DS. If I want to take pictures, I'll use a camera. If I want to listen to music, I'll use my Mp3 player. If I want to use internet, I'll use the computer, although that part is kind of neat. This is not supposed to sound mean, if it does. If you do choose to get a DSi, what you could do is wait until they get older and don't cost as much.

Nah, it doesn't sound mean. :D I'll probably only mainly use it for gaming anyway, not internet or music. The camera's neat, but right, I can use an actual digital camera. And it has less battery life anyhow so I'll stick to my DS Lite *hugs DS*.

I'm sticking with my DS lite. I honestly see no point in spending more money on a different system. I mean, it can do other things, but I just want mine for a DS. If I want to take pictures, I'll use a camera. If I want to listen to music, I'll use my Mp3 player. If I want to use internet, I'll use the computer, although that part is kind of neat. This is not supposed to sound mean, if it does. If you do choose to get a DSi, what you could do is wait until they get older and don't cost as much.
But then you'll have to think that by then, they'll have something even newer and greater than that, and then everyone'll have to go running out to buy that one. ;) It's ridicules! It just bugs me the way people have to go hog wild over some new thing when it's probably gonna be out of style in a few months anyway when the next big thing comes out on the market.

But then you'll have to think that by then, they'll have something even newer and greater than that, and then everyone'll have to go running out to buy that one. :p It's ridicules! It just bugs me the way people have to go hog wild over some new thing when it's probably gonna be out of style in a few months anyway when the next big thing comes out on the market.
Yeah I know what you mean. I WAS very aggravated when I got my ipod nano G3 8 GB, I figured cause they rarely updated nanos, Apple wouldn't make another one for a couple of years. And then, one year later, VOILA! IPOD NANO G4 WITH TWICE THE SPACE (At the same price) AND COOLER COLORS!!! And I was banging my head on the laptop berating myself about it. Then I convinced myself that I don't have that much music anyway and the new one looks like it could easily snap in half compared to the petite G3. So, it's not that bad.

Anyhow, you're right. I'll wait till either my DS Lite breaks or the DSi gets amazingly cheap (Which is like, possibly never?). Or they come out with something better or...well, whatever, the point is, I'm sticking to my DSL and THEN we'll see what happens. XD

it better b good because if there's a lot of glitches or whatever in it i'm not gonna bother.

its worth it but dont buy the japanesse version cause its only japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back