Nooks/Kindles/Other eReaders

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read much, but I absolutely cannot read a book unless I have a physical copy of the book in my hands. I just feel really uncomfortable reading off a screen. And it's bad for my eyes to stare at a screen for long periods of time.
I don't mind reading off a screen, for example reading articles on the computer, however to really enjoy a book, i need to actually be able to turn the pages and have the physical book in my hands. Especially with manga, it's just not the same reading it online. I guess I don't read much else anyway though, lol. I really should read more though...

Not yet..

Mum's thinking of buying me one for christmas, and I am an avid reader :)

So... Curious...

Anyone with a Nook (Color perferb...) or a Kindle... With Wi-Fi. Can you "Browse" the internet... Like be on Tamatalk with it without any issues? I'm thinking of investing in one, but I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi is the seller or if its the ease of getting books. Otherwise, I think I want to get a phone I know I can browse and read on...

I have been looking... Got my answers... On Ebay... Random eh? I also looked at Amazon and B&N online... But I'm not sure what I prefer... I'm leaning towards a Kindle, Fire... It seems to get my attention better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindles have a better memory than Nooks, and the shape is more like a book IMO.

I love my Kindle so much... I read a lot, so not having to drive to B&N every weekend is sooo much better. Plus, the books are way cheaper than in real life, and my Kindle is so thin it's almsot inconvenient NOT to carry it around. ;D

I love my Kindle so much! Not to mention if you're an unpublished writer they might publish your stuff. :D

I got an eBook reader for Christmas. Not sure what kind, but I like it. It's design is Glee. It didn't have any brand on the box, all it said was "Glee eBook Reader"

I have a kindle keyboard and I love it. I also purchased one for my father who is addicted to it too. The man reason I love it is because I can hold it in one hand without having to physically turn the page because my hands ALWAYS seem to go numb holding a book open. I also own a HP Touchpad which I LOVE. Its absolutely wonderful and I loaded it with Android and I paid $99. Eat your hearts out Ipad lovers.

We have a regular old nook that's black and white. It was annoying because the color one came out like A WEEK AFTER WE GOT IT!!!! I still like it though. I don't use it all the time, and I still read regular books.... the only times I use it is when there's a book that I can't find anywhere except as an e-book or if I want to kill myself with a game of sudoku. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back