Oh No...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidward is Cool

Reaction score
I have really bad news. I have a little brother. He's now in 5th grade and he's having another teacher as his math teacher. This teacher, is MR. N. Aka, my fifth grade teacher that left me with many learning problems when I went to 6th grade. He ruined my courage, let it seem like my art was bad (when it never was), and made it so I had participation problems, which now all my teachers complain about, and I'm trying to fix it all, and here I am, 3 years later, and they still aren't fixed. And, that's just me. He, he has AUTISM. (PDD to be exact.) He ALREADY has learning disabilities, and he's letting his guard down with Mr. N, just like I did. He has A LOT of trouble with math (my mom always helps him), and Mr. N, he gave me ALGEBRA. In the 5th grade. I had sooooo much trouble with it! I can't imagine what he'll give him! And I'm only in Pre-Algebra! And worst of all, Mr. N made me cry quite a bit. And that boob has absolutely no clue how to handle crying children. With my brother, he cries more than I do. If someone tells him that he's doing something or to not do something, he breaks down crying. I just can't IMAGINE what he'll do to my little brother! And another thing, Mr. N ALWAYS allowed me to get bullied! I can't imagine what he'll let the kids to to him.

The point is, he's going to end up worse than I did. He's going to need more help in the 6th grade, and he's going to be crying. A LOT. He'll get bullied more, and so on. Does anyone have any advice to help me out? Because I don't think just my mom will be enough...

*no real names please*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back him up. Theres a mean Lunch moniter at my school, saying we cant stand up or throw things out. She soundsl ike Mr.N here.

Simply say to your brother, In the best way you can, Mr.N is simply mean. My friend has an Autistic brother, and Her brother has a mean teacher. He's older, in grade 7. But telling him in a nice, short and clean way, "Mr.N is really mean, ______. I had to do it too. Try to not listen to him".

Um...they put him in his class yesterday. He's still in elementary school. And I don't think having her tell them to take him outta Mr. N's class will work...

Please, guys, I'm asking for advice with helping the kid out! Not a whole lotta messages saying "Talk to your brother" or "Have your mom get him outta his class."

You don't have to tell your brother about Mr. N right away. Instead maybe try talking to your mom or dad about it. They will probably be able to sort things out. :rolleyes:

SIC, Thats the advice we're giving you. Sorry to pop the bubble, but the advice is to tell hi mabout Mr.N's grouchyness and Get him outta the class. My sister's freidn was changed classes in Grade 3 beacuse of the rudest teacher ever. Grade 3. If it was kindergarden, I could see that you couldent change, but if he's in Grade 5 or something you can change.

I'm just going to add my 2 cents on this since I know very well about rude and difficult teachers. I went through some and got through it alright.

1. The advice in this topic actually is good Squidward. In situations like this, asking kids from the internet to help you isn't going to do much, and certainly shooting it down immediately instead of considering getting adults involved isn't going to help either...in fact it could worsen the longer you prolong it without adult help.

2. Reconsider these suggestions people gave you when you are more level headed and calmer (which they didn't have to volunteer information or ideas by the way so you should be a tad more grateful). Then get talk calmly as afamily with your parents AND your brother and explain civilly your concerns and your experiences. If your parents had to deal with this teacher giving you issues before, then they should understand why you're concerned about your brother and just let them handle it. Get them to talk with the teacher, prinicipal or both (or even get the schoolboard involved if need be) to come to a compromise that either he needs to change his teaching skills or your brother can change classes.

3. This issue isn't as complicated as you made it out to be. Simplify rather than complicate.

There ya go :blink: Hopefully you read and think about what I pointed out.

*recloses topic*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back