Ok, should I?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repeat_offender

Reaction score
I have hyperthyroidism and Graves' disease.

[if you don't know what that is, read this:

-hyperthyroidism

-Graves' disease ]

And I take half of a pill every morning...it's an anti-thyroid, and it's SUPPOSE to make me feel better...but it doesn't.

I felt MUCH better with a higher dose, which the doctor won't give me.

And I've noticed that the more perfect the doctor gets my doses, the more I'm starting to gain weight.

I hate that.

My friends call me annorexic, but I'm really not.

I just had a high metabolism, until I got put on a more percise dose of the medicine.

I want to lose some of this weight.

So I was wondering...if maybe I should stop taking the medicine for a little while so I can lose a few pounds?

It doesn't make me feel that much better anyway.

It'll show up in my blood work, but I don't think it'll be that much of a problem.

Do you think that I should?

Or should I not?

xx

Take the medication. Eat less or excersize more to avoid the weight gain.

Note: I'm not a doctor. This is just my personal opinion.

That isn't exactly what you should do. The weight gained from medication isn't as easy to lose as weight gained from potato chips *mouth is watering* (i like potato chips)

I know because I have the exact same problem, or at least, I used to. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, you should be excercizing regularly anyways, eating right is a must for everyone, not ust people who want to lose weight. Talk to your doctor about it. I'm sure he//she would be happy to help you come up with safe ways to lose those extra pounds. Just stay on the medication, eat right, excercize, get enough sleep, and ask your doctor for more ideas. good luck!

Keep exercising! I do and I stay perfectly fit.

NOTE! Just don't gobble don't a bag of Potato chips after you exercise, because you will just gain weight or just stay the same.

Junk Food-No!

Healthy Food-Yes!

Keep exercising! I do and I stay perfectly fit.
NOTE! Just don't gobble don't a bag of Potato chips after you exercise, because you will just gain weight or just stay the same.

Junk Food-No!

Healthy Food-Yes!
agreed

Actually, Hyperthiroidism can cause you to lose wieght. It's what caused your overactive metabolism in the first place. It's perfectly normal for you to gain weight when it's being treated.

You don't need to go on a diet to LOSE weight, but it probably wouldn't hurt to start to be more careful of what you eat, because it could get out of control if you're not careful. Just eat healthy and exercise and let your weight develop the way it's supposed to and you'll be fine.

Yes, you will gain weight.

No, you won't get fat, as long as you be careful.

What ever you do. TAKE THE MEDS STILL!!! :D :D Its really bad to not take meds when still needed. Just diet and exsersise. I would NEVER go off the meds. :) And it doesn't really matter if you got a little chubby. :) I saw one girl on "Dr. Phil" she went off her meds. And her sickness got worse and worse. By then second. All becuase she hated being alittle chubby. So Follow my advice!!! ;)

P.S. Vist my fish Bubbles. The web adress is in my siggy ;) . Please vist him! I don't want to lose him. So please come I LUV that fish!

I LOVE MEMEITCHI!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well, I have ulcertive colitis and I think you should keep taking the meadication. If your weight gain is a problem for you talk to your doctor about switching meds. I used to take some meadication for my UC and it made me get bloated. Then I swithched meds and I was fine...or de-bloated. So just talk to your doctor.

Is it Prednisone you are taking? Prednisone SUCKS. I was on it for like 5 months nearly 2 years ago. I gained 10 pounds in one week from it, seriously, and it didn't stop. Eventually I stopped eating all together, and it didn't help me at all. You would have looked at me during this time and had no idea that I was anorexic and not eating; you may have actually called me fat. I also started obsessivley exersicing. The only thing this did was when I was taken off the medicine, I was a stick. Then people started calling me anorexic. T_T It's terrible, so I know where you are at.

There was nothing I could do about it. I just kept begging my doctors to take me off. I said that I still wouldn't eat unless they took me off the medication, which then they threatened to send me to the hospital and feed me through a tube. >_> You can't go off of your medicine. I know in my situation, I was highly tempted to stop taking it. But my anti-bodies would start acting up again and I'd have to start the treatment all over. Also, it will give you migranes and other withdrawl symptoms to lower your dosage suddenly. So even though it's tempting, stay on your meds and don't stop eating.

The only thing I can say is talk to your doctors and go into a numb, trance-like state until it's all over.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back