ok so i've been saving up for a drumset

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wine_Deer

Reaction score
Ok so I've been saving up my money for a new drumset. I decided to look up "5 Piece Drumset" on eBay because I want a 5 piece. I didn't really plan on getting anything there, I just wanted to see how much I should save up for.

But I was scrolling through the drumsets when I see an unbeatable price.

A beautiful 5-piece drumset, for only $11.00 with FREE SHIPPING!!!

I have four days to bid, but I wanted your opinion if you think that this is a reliable place to order a drumset from?

Oh and BTW the person selling the drumset is from the K K Music Store, and said that it's perfect drums for a beginner/intermediate drummer (moi). Also it has the essential cymbals AND it's Wine Red.

Wine_Deer...Wine Red drums..... =]

but I want your opinion. Do you think that ebay is a reliable source to get a reasonably good drumset for a cheap price (because all the other sets are like, 300-400 dollars)

Do you have the link? I'd like to look at that.

There is a high chance that it wouldn't be a reliable source to buy from.

I've searched it, and the only thing I've seen so far around $11 is a cowbell. :puroperatchi:

I'd also like to see the link too. You never know if its a scam or not...

What I would suggest is go to a proper music supplies store, rather than eBay. It might cost way more, but you're guarrenteed that the drum set is in tip-top condition and that its not a hoax.

It sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Thanks for sending me the link, Wine_Deer.

When you see the price $10.50, below that you'll see "Reserve not met". The reserve is the hidden, minimum price that the person auctioning is willing to sell it for.

Someone's bid $11, but $11 is probably far below the reserve price.

Once somebody's bid up to or above the reserve price, it will say so, and then you would have to become the highest bidder by the end of the auction.

Because the Buy It Now price is about $400, I don't think it's the drumset you're looking for. Sorry.

You could search around other stores, music stores in your area, but Ebay probably won't be your best option.

Best of luck in finding your drum kit! ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay is not always the way to go...They tend to sell a lot of "fake" stuff. But if you think the drumkit is worth it and you're willing to take the risk, go for it. Some things on Ebay are great. You can get a lot of useful things on there. It's usually electronics you have trouble with on there, faulty wiring etc... Anyway if you're willing to trust the seller then buy it and/or make a bid. But if they look a bit didgey or something doesn't seem right then don't bother, because almost certainly it's a money making scheme and what comes might not be a drum at all. But if they're ok, then I'm very happy for you. Hope you get your drumkit.

(And if the reserve is hidden, you don't know how much it is. People bid stupid things to confuse people.)

To be honest I don't think of eBay as a reliable source. There have been incidents were people have been scammed out of over $400 USD on eBay. Also, no offense, but in my opinion if it's a 5 piece drum set at only 11 bucks, you're likely to get ripped off if you buy it.

Ok so I've been saving up my money for a new drumset. I decided to look up "5 Piece Drumset" on eBay because I want a 5 piece. I didn't really plan on getting anything there, I just wanted to see how much I should save up for.
But I was scrolling through the drumsets when I see an unbeatable price.

A beautiful 5-piece drumset, for only $11.00 with FREE SHIPPING!!!

I have four days to bid, but I wanted your opinion if you think that this is a reliable place to order a drumset from?

Oh and BTW the person selling the drumset is from the K K Music Store, and said that it's perfect drums for a beginner/intermediate drummer (moi). Also it has the essential cymbals AND it's Wine Red.

Wine_Deer...Wine Red drums..... =]

but I want your opinion. Do you think that ebay is a reliable source to get a reasonably good drumset for a cheap price (because all the other sets are like, 300-400 dollars)
Do not buy them for $11. It COULD be a scam. I saw some trombones for what? $50? Pretty cheap. xD Go to a local music store. =] I'm "Trombone Hunting" for a KING Trombone for about... $100+. Or maybe you can rent a drumset.

That's the thing, though. They're not really only $11.

You would have to bid up to the reserve price, which is hidden but most likely at least in the high 200's.

Ahaha, no. No ebay for expensive drumsets. Just no. It's not exactaly the best source. Trust me, me and my mom have had our problems. (Witness: Furuba box of el craptasticness, my mom's box of "professional clothes, new", where the profession was something but definitaly not the right kind of profession.)

Do it the old fashioned way. Save your money, go to the store, and get one.

There's only one way to buy a musical instrument, and that's from a real live local store where you can try it on for size.

Bring along a knowledgable friend if you can—their help would be valuable. Salesmen are helpful to a point, but they are salesmen afterall.

As a musician who's experience with buying instruments without trying them is 1 for 3, I can guarantee you won't regret sucking it up and going into the store.

It's the worst thing ever to buy something online, get excited about it, tell your parents you'll never ask for anything else as long as you live, only to find it doesn't fit/isn't in the shape you expected to be in/et cetera.

Plus, trying out several different musical instruments in one sitting is always fun.

There's only one way to buy a musical instrument, and that's from a real live local store where you can try it on for size.Bring along a knowledgable friend if you can—their help would be valuable. Salesmen are helpful to a point, but they are salesmen afterall.

As a musician who's experience with buying instruments without trying them is 1 for 3, I can guarantee you won't regret sucking it up and going into the store.

It's the worst thing ever to buy something online, get excited about it, tell your parents you'll never ask for anything else as long as you live, only to find it doesn't fit/isn't in the shape you expected to be in/et cetera.

Plus, trying out several different musical instruments in one sitting is always fun.
Your right.

Thursday I went to try out trombones. Try out a drumset, See if you can rent one(Renting instruments for your first year MAY be cheap.) get a brand YOU like, if you like it, you won't regret it.(I'm trying to find a KING trombone =O)

Well, since there's 4 days left I'm sure a ton of people are going to bid on it since it's such an "excellent price"

By the time the auction has ended, it will probably end up being the price of all the other drum sets on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back