okayy;

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyz10210

Reaction score
Well lately i decided i wanted to get contacts.

I only wear my glasses somewhere not public.

I never wore them to school && i can barely see

the board. Well anyways. I asked my mom if i

could have contacts && she sauid sure. So she'll

get an appointmetn for me tommorow. Do you

think i should get them?

I got some questions if you guys don't mind:

Do they hurt when you put them in? I also have

a fear of touching my eye/

How long do you think i will adjust to contacts?

How much do contacts costs?

Which brands are the best?

Also i go to the Wal-mart vision center.

-Monkeyz10210

aka

-Michelle.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will feel funny the first time you put them in, but then you'll get used to it. And they won't expect you to be able to wear them right away. You start with 1 hour the first day, 2 hours the next day and so on. And for the eye-touching fear, once you get used to something constantly in your eye, you won't notice it. I've been wearing contacts since I was 10 (I'm 12) and I can actually poke my eye because I've been wearing conacts.

Contacts are lovely.

You'll get used to them.

Tips for putting them in (this took me 8 months to perfect...mommy helped)

I put the contact on my pointer (index?) finger, pull down on my lower lid with my middle, and pull up on my upper lid with the index finger of the other hand. Put the contact in gently (no need to poke your eye).

I kinda slip it into the bottom lid and let go.

WHATEVER YOU DO. LET GO OF YOUR BOTTOM LID FIRST. or else it will fall and your eye will feel funky for a while.

It will take a couple of tries and when you feel discouraged, just remember it took me eight months!

You'll get it eventually.

Your timing may be off for a while, but you'll get to the point where you'll do it perfectly.

Contacts don't hurt at all. They just take a day or two to get used to--like glasses.

Uhm. The cost really depends. I got my first year worth's from WalMart and my third 6 months are these oxygen contacts that let oxygen into your eyes. I don't feel the difference apart from I have to squeeze a little harder to get them out.

Oh. And your fear of touching your eye--I had the same fear.

Now, if I want, I can touch my eye any time.

When you first get your contacts, cut your nails when practicing taking them on and off. Time will get rid of your fear.:)

Tips for putting them in (this took me 8 months to perfect...mommy helped)I put the contact on my pointer (index?) finger, pull down on my lower lid with my middle, and pull up on my upper lid with the index finger of the other hand. Put the contact in gently (no need to poke your eye).

I kinda slip it into the bottom lid and let go.

WHATEVER YOU DO. LET GO OF YOUR BOTTOM LID FIRST. or else it will fall and your eye will feel funky for a while.

It will take a couple of tries and when you feel discouraged, just remember it took me eight months!
It took me a day o_O. It took my brother a year, and my cousin 3 years.

Well. Thank god I didn't make the book of records for longest contact putter onner learner. :)

The really creepy part was after I learnt to put them in, I would accidentally touch my eye and have a giggle fit. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back