Online Friends.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverEnding A.B.Y.S.S.

Reaction score
Before ANYONE asks, no I am not planning on meeting anyone, calm yourselves, please.

I just wanted to know, has anyone ever met an online friend? IF I were, obviously I am not, but I am sure someone will want to ask this, but be scared: If you were too, any guidelines, and how to convince parents?

=3

Just wondered, I love all of my friends here, and I have dreamed of meeting some of them, one day, but ehh... you know.

I would never meet up with an online friend.

Sure, there are some relatively 'safe' online-dating websites, but I wouldn't see even the most trusted of my TT friends outside of the forum!! No matter how nice people seem, you just can't take that kind of risk. Well, I can't. :p

But this is just my opinion.

~bratztroxg

buddies on CP, people i've met on just the forums? over 100. xD

People i've met before them making an account: 3

People i've met after meeting online: 0, probably ganna stay that way

Cecib :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I am going to meet, gothickittenx3. My mom is perfectly fine with it too, shes just coming with me~!

Im probably never going to meet anyone.

Once, I was on an RPG, and one of my real life friends (Kat) joined. I started chatting, and I wanted to show my friends the site. Kat already joined, so I, as curious as I am, asked her for her username. And well, Im sure you can guess what happened next :furawatchi:

I go on a forum where the members there, they're like family. There's people who travel states to meet eachother, and they come home safe and call them. There are even 4 people on that forum, met their online bf/gf, and came home safe.

The only reason it's judged not safe is because they're are always big news of people getting abducted by their "online buddies", but there are sometimes cases where they come home fine, and not abducted.

Please don't yell at me saying that they're a buncha liars, but I just wanted to point out that it sometimes works.

Im probably never going to meet anyone.
Once, I was on an RPG, and one of my real life friends (Kat) joined. I started chatting, and I wanted to show my friends the site. Kat already joined, so I, as curious as I am, asked her for her username. And well, Im sure you can guess what happened next :furawatchi:
...?

Ive never met person to person with any online friends, but i do know what city some of them live in and some of them live in my city. plus ive seen pics of my online friends and ive seen them on webcam while on msn...im perfectly fine with it but i just probably wont ever meet them in real life.

NeverEnding A.B.Y.S.S., we were in the same room at that Warriors book signing last year, and didn't even realize it until later. xDD I even remember seeing someone with the same shirt that you were claiming to be wearing, and we were sitting near each other too. If only we would have known ahead of time... :furawatchi:

Yeah, but that's as close as I've ever come.

I think it's okay to meet friends online, although my 'rents would never go for it. D: Go to a public spot (like the mall or Wal-Mart or something), and bring an adult/friends with you. You should be fine as long as you don't meet alone in a dark alley.

NeverEnding A.B.Y.S.S., we were in the same room at that Warriors book signing last year, and didn't even realize it until later. xDD I even remember seeing someone with the same shirt that you were claiming to be wearing, and we were sitting near each other too. If only we would have known ahead of time... :furawatchi:
Yeah, but that's as close as I've ever come.

I think it's okay to meet friends online, although my 'rents would never go for it. D: Go to a public spot (like the mall or Wal-Mart or something), and bring an adult/friends with you. You should be fine as long as you don't meet alone in a dark alley.
This is trueeee. xD Since then we have been trying to figure out a way to make that happen again. which is failing miserably.

But yes, that was my closest call. -hits topic that wasn't started earlier-

Before ANYONE asks, no I am not planning on meeting anyone, calm yourselves, please.
I just wanted to know, has anyone ever met an online friend? IF I were, obviously I am not, but I am sure someone will want to ask this, but be scared: If you were too, any guidelines, and how to convince parents?

=3

Just wondered, I love all of my friends here, and I have dreamed of meeting some of them, one day, but ehh... you know.
Yes I did. My best friend actually lol. He came to my house and my mom met him and that pretty much advanced the online thing to long distance. Mind you we were dating several years ago when we met, but we still remained best friends when that ended :p

So yeah, best approach is if someone wants to meet you, they can meet you at your house under supervision lol. Mom hasn't cared since when he's visited and stuff since we've known each other long enough and she's met him and gotten to know him that it's not some weirdo on the internets or anything XD

I've met an online friend.

My mum said I could as long as it was at a crowded place and she got to take me to the person and my friend did the same with her parents.

Now whenever she comes to Melbourne we hang out. <3

I am not going to.

I absoluty would love to

But what if they turn out ugly?

I am not going to.
I absoluty would love to

But what if they turn out ugly?
Why do looks matter when you're meeting friends in person for the first time? That's kind of low to only be friends with people you consider physically attractive :lol:

No no I don't mean that.

I would still be their friend duh

No no I don't mean that.I would still be their friend duh
... if you didn't mean that, then what did you mean by posting "What if they turned out to be ugly?" ... ?

A friend is someone you've got to know well.

You have the same interests.

Chat about the same things.

Agree on lots of subjects.

don't make the mistake of judging how good your friends are by how pretty you think they look ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
... if you didn't mean that, then what did you mean by posting "What if they turned out to be ugly?" ... ?
A friend is someone you've got to know well.

You have the same interests.

Chat about the same things.

Agree on lots of subjects.

don't make the mistake of judging how good your friends are by how pretty you think they look :p
I think she meant have an ugly personality/turned out to be a bad guy.

I've had some really good online friends. They were always so nice and positive, but I left them because I was afraid my parents would find out and never let me on the computer again. Here I don't have that many friends, but that is only because it isn't an IM service. ;]

I have never actually met anyone, and I wouldn't want to. I'm afraid of what would happen next. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back