"Only for the DS Lite"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hypergotchi

Reaction score
I still have a DS regular, unlike apparently everyone else. I don't know about others, but every time I see a commercial that at the end says "Only available for the DS Lite" I just groan. Hello? Ever heard of a DS Regular? These people act like everyone threw their DSs out to get the Lite, but that's not true. I have a regular DS.

Guitar Hero DS bugs me too because I have to borrow my sister's DS Lite to play it.

Most games for the DS lite also work on the Original DS, ones with added peripherals(like Guitar Hero and DS Online Browser) might not work though.

You don't need a lite to play the games xP Just a DS in general.

They only say DS Lite in the commercials to sell their product. They want people to actually buy a full price Lite rather than go to a used game store and buy a half price original.

I have both. Trust me when I say the games work on both, lol.

The only differences between the lite and original are the brightness of the screen, the placement of the mic and power buttons, and the shape of the console.

They work exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of taht for games, but I did hear that about packages, like carriers. ._.

the ds lite is the same as the regular ds, just with a lighter screen. beleive me, i have both the ds and ds lite. :lol:

I have a Lite but my friends say the regular is better because the Lite breaks easier.
Yeah, I played my friend's one once and the top screen was so thin. I have a regular DS and it's the best. I have had it for just over 3 years and all it has are a few scratches on the Touch Screen! :(

Giraffagotchi :D

Yeah, I played my friend's one once and the top screen was so thin. I have a regular DS and it's the best. I have had it for just over 3 years and all it has are a few scratches on the Touch Screen! :lol:
Giraffagotchi :mimitchi:
yeah, it does break eaisier because my ds lite's top screen is broken and it can go blank most times. i even dropped it down stairs :ichigotchi:

omg........if ithought mine was broken :) ^

the hinge broke, I AM GETEN' A NEW DS IN 15 DAYS! I'M GONNA GET PLATINUM WITH IT!!!!!

I realize that Guitar Hero is the only DS Lite exclusive game (Really? Couldn't they have made it DS compatible?) but I still don't see why I should spend $30 more. But the commercials do say "Only for DS Lite" and that will never stop bugging me.

My mum's got a DS Lite with Sims 2 Castaway, and when I played the game I played it on hers. When I put it in my Original DS, the screen was dark and the calibration was really out of sync so I'll really have to re-do it. I'm gonna have to use my own DS more now so it doesn't feel neglected!!!!

My mum's got a DS Lite with Sims 2 Castaway, and when I played the game I played it on hers. When I put it in my Original DS, the screen was dark and the calibration was really out of sync so I'll really have to re-do it. I'm gonna have to use my own DS more now so it doesn't feel neglected!!!!
That sounds more like a problem with the DS than the game.

Naturally DS screens are darker than DS Lite, but the calibration shouldn't have changed unless someone messed with the DS itself.

That sounds more like a problem with the DS than the game.
Naturally DS screens are darker than DS Lite, but the calibration shouldn't have changed unless someone messed with the DS itself.
Yeah, the original DS's screen is darker than the Lite. The calibration is only a bit off, like 2mm.

I broke my last DS lite in half -.-;;

But I got a new one, so it's all good.

I wish I could get Platinum soon D:

I didn't reserve one, though, so I have to wait.

T_T

I realize that Guitar Hero is the only DS Lite exclusive game (Really? Couldn't they have made it DS compatible?) but I still don't see why I should spend $30 more. But the commercials do say "Only for DS Lite" and that will never stop bugging me.
No it isn't. I have the original DS (I'm getting a DSi though. When I get the money) and G.H. works on it.

I SOOOOOO need a DSi. They look really cool. I need $170. I have $42. Dx

All the games work on the original DS (I have one, it's the best, but I got a Lite a few days ago... my old DS seems more like what I need, an invincible DS, like my phone) and the original doesn't break as easy. So yeah, all games should work on your original that work on the lite, they're pretty much the same. Though, my original DS has trouble recognizing games when I put them in, and often freezes, but that's because a load of mould grew in the card slot... I just have shake the DS and try to get all the dust out of the slot, and it recognizes the game eventually.

I'm gonna trade my DS Lite in for a DSi, because I still have all the packaging and the shop person told me to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitar Hero DS bugs me too because I have to borrow my sister's DS Lite to play it.
Not true. Well, now it's not.

Guitar Hero games come with a little cartridge thing that you instal somehow so that it fits the Original DS.

At least, me and my sister's came with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back