Ooh! Shiny!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HypnoPony

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share an experience I had yesterday here because I've seen some fans of Disney channel shows like Even Stevens and That's So Raven that post on this site, I met the director of those shows!

I'm sharing with you a little more on how those shows are made, too, which is basically the whole purpose of this thread. I got to interview the director (of many things, including That's So Raven and Even Stevens), Sean McNamara, and I learned a lot on how some Disney channel shows come to be.

McNamara is also directing the new Bratz live-action movie, so I asked him what the difference was between directing shows such as That's So Raven and directing the Bratz movie.

He told me that when he shoots That's So Raven, it's more like a play. He can film about 30 pages of script each day, and he shoots four cameras at four different angles. After rehearsing the actors and actresses, they invite in a live studio audience and get the reactions and feedback immediately. When making a movie, like the Bratz movie, it's more difficult because there is no live audience and you don't get your feedback (this is especially hard for the performers) until the movie is actually out, like in theaters. Also, when filming the movie, it could have taken him a day to film just a few pages of script, that difference was pretty amazing, but it shows just how much more precise films are compared to just TV shows.

It was definitely very interesting talking to such a successful director, I was really glad I got the chance to interview him! (And share what I learned!)

Wow. All I can say is...WOW! You are a very lucky girl.

Me, as an Actress, I would have loved that opportunity.

I'd be like 'Can I audition for your show?' :huh:

I hope that you had a great time.

Yeah, I do feel very lucky.

I'm no actress, I'm a journalist. :huh: But it would be really awesome to be on one of those shows sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back