Opening Ceremony

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dotty_Is_Hotty

Reaction score
OK...this opening ceremony was pretty good but there's been a bit of controversy:

1. The little girl was miming to another girl's singing because she was cuter DX

2. The fireworks in the shapes of footprints were either pre-recorded or fake because of a stupid rule about flyovers at night.

3. Something about fake children.

I just wanted to post my feelings so no flaming.

Thanks, from Dotty. :)

China wants to look super good which is understandable and normal but they go for the impossible in trying to look amazing. That's just what communists do. Show the world only the best face possible.

What is bothering me is I know for a fact at least one of those gymnasts was too young! I saw missing and baby teeth. I hope China is yet again embarassed at faking their passport ages and yes, even the Chinese athletes need to show passports as proof of their age but of course being China, they will lie.

I am still hoping the IOC ends up really regretting choosing China. When they announced China would be the host for this game, I was like :) Idiots! Don't chose a backward communist country for this!

Ok rant over. I feel a little bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...I'm Chinese, so I'd appreciate it if you keep any bad feelings towards China to yourself.

China is dangerous and the leaders are very questionable. I have been paranoid of China for many years.

I love the people but the leadership is very scary. It's a military country. The children are brought up in a military way in the big cities.

China is a land full of contrast. Wonderful people but as a communist country, I can't trust them.

The information there is very heavily monitored. The propiganda is strong. I just wish the leadership wasn't bordering on crazy. ;)

I wasn't knocking the people at all bulbasaurclai. I'm just pointing out that China is a country with problems and the government keeps its people tightly controled and monitored.

Your family has obviously escaped. Congrats. Now would be a great time to ask the people in your family why they left China and why you are now in the USA and what an amazing place this is even with it's faults.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back