Other Racises making jokes about Americans

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
I have just realized something. Have you watched TV and saw those Stand up Comedy shows?

Well on the shows, Asians, Mexican's, and Blacks always make fun of White Kids from America and stuff. But when the White kid makes a joke about some Black, it turns into a Racist case. I mean come on! They joke about us all the time, we take action we get in trouble!

*tries to contain side affected by racist brother*

This has sort of been a problem I've noticed for the past few years or so. Just keep in mind that there are some Black people who know how to take a joke without it becoming 'racist'.

I think it's generally because of all the oppression they've been through. Usually, though, it's just a 'scapegoat' when they think something is wrong or something they just dislike. (Sometimes though it's the black person being racist; some just do it so they can 'get back' at a white person).

I HATE that >.<

Any other race can make fun of whoever they want, but when a white person does it, they're considered racist.

It drives me nuts.

They can call us racist names and nothing happens, but we do it and society looks down on us as horrible people for making a 'racial slur'.

There was a bulletin on myspace not too long ago about this type of this. It has a lot of racist names, so I'll refrain from posting it. It makes a lot of sense though.

I'm 'black'...

And yet I very much so agree. I mean, we're alloud to joke around with eachother, and call white people names, white people call us a name back, or just a joke, and most of us freak like: "OMG YOUR SO RACIST!1ONE!!1SHIFT!"

Whatever... get over it. >< Black people are too racist to white, and white aren't alloud cause of their skin color? Because they're ancestors abused us black people? It ain't they're fault, gosh. ><

Agreed.

I HATE that >.<
Any other race can make fun of whoever they want, but when a white person does it, they're considered racist.

It drives me nuts.

They can call us racist names and nothing happens, but we do it and society looks down on us as horrible people for making a 'racial slur'.

There was a bulletin on myspace not too long ago about this type of this. It has a lot of racist names, so I'll refrain from posting it. It makes a lot of sense though.
I could'nt agree more.

Some people are just so shallow.

It just makes me want to scream.

So annoying! Like, someone will start a fight becasue we said something, jokeingly, but they can say what ever they want? <<

Well, this can be payback for our past. I mean, look at how some of our ancestors treated/got treated back then?

Just a point I wanted to make.

Yes, I know! My friend has brought this to my attention, the only time I had heard some white person make fun of a Asian was on Blue Collar, but it was "My Japanese neighbor began to call my Gutzilla!" But that wasnt against Japanese

I am fed up, because it school I tried to talk about some African American's and since my school is basically ran by African American's I practically got myself in a Colma, but I hear them cracking jokes about us Whites all the time!

This annoys me as well.

The issue I have about our ancestor's actions towards the African Americans is the fact that we today should NOT be held responsible for what happened generations ago. We have nothing to do with what happened years ago, we cannot be held responsible for it. It's just ridiculous that society has turned essentially against us in ways because of what happened in history!

I, personally, would NEVER treat another human being badly just because of their color. In exchange, I don't think it's right that other ethnicities are free to mock me because I am Caucasian and they feel it's their right to do it.

I'm a believer in if you can deal it out to others...you need to be able to take it just as well. Equality across the board. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=11pt]Yeah, it's called a double standard. So poor Whitey has to just stand there and take it.[/SIZE]

Why do you think Carlos Mencia does so well? He's a Mexican and for some reason it's completely acceptable for him to make jokes about every ethnic group. Can you imagine if a white guy were in his place? That white guy would be considered cruel and tasteless but Mencia pulls it off without a hitch and he is actually very appreciated because he can poke fun at everyone. I enjoy him very much! But yeah, just imagine a white guy in his place. There never would have been a show.

Double standards, get used to it!

I can't even imagine trying to tell a joke about a black person. I would just consider it in very bad taste because that is how I have grown up. You just don't do it!

[SIZE=11pt]Yeah, it's called a double standard. So poor Whitey has to just stand there and take it.[/SIZE]
Why do you think Carlos Mencia does so well? He's a Mexican and for some reason it's completely acceptable for him to make jokes about every ethnic group. Can you imagine if a white guy were in his place? That white guy would be considered cruel and tasteless but Mencia pulls it off without a hitch and he is actually very appreciated because he can poke fun at everyone. I enjoy him very much! But yeah, just imagine a white guy in his place. There never would have been a show.

Double standards, get used to it!

I can't even imagine trying to tell a joke about a black person. I would just consider it in very bad taste because that is how I have grown up. You just don't do it!
I love watching that Carlos Mencia show XD I like the skits.

But I feel offended that Caucasians aren't allowed to make a joke about another race without being considered Cruel or Racist.

Its so wrong to judge people like that. I'm not from america but where I live people crack racist jokes about americans. People like that are sick and just thinks to yourself 'at least i've got manners'

I hate that so much D:

I mean, at school, every other ethnic group makes fun of the caucasians, but when caucasians do it, "Oh well you're in trouble cause you made fun of me". I mean I got in trouble at summerschool one year for saying something about the skintone of an African American. All I said was, "Your skin is a lot darker than mine, nearly black :0 Mine's nearly white compared to yours!" and bam I was in trouble for saying just that. And I was only in like, second grade or something.

Here's what I was talking about, with all the racial slurs cut out.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, latino, and asia clubs were not even questioned.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists. I am white. I am proud. But, you call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be racists?

---------------------------------------------

There is a lot more at the top, but it's an example of how other races can use racial slurs, but if white people did it back to them they'd be considered racist. It lists all of the slurs, so I thought it would be best if I didn't post it.

It seems that in the camp i am in (that alot of african americans are in it and practicaly run it, but don't get me wrong, it is fun to have them run it. It has given me alot of diffrent ways to think and such. And i did learn how to rap a tune... lol) the African Americans are always cracking jokes about whites and stuff and since i fit in with them, they say "no offense." It seems like in my camp that if you aren't hispanic or black, or Native American (which i am, i think it is why i fit in though i look white.) you get made fun of. You have to get slapped and turn your face to the other cheek. It is just something i've noticed.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, latino, and asia clubs were not even questioned.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists. I am white. I am proud. But, you call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be racists?

There is a lot more at the top, but it's an example of how other races can use racial slurs, but if white people did it back to them they'd be considered racist. It lists all of the slurs, so I thought it would be best if I didn't post it.
You said a mouthfull and it's all true.

Those awards shows for ethnic groups always bothered me too. I don't get the point at all.

I think you're soooo right! I mean, there was this black kid at my school who was ALWAYS mean to me and I would walk in the class and he would just yell in my face how horrible I was, just becuase I was calcasiun! I would just sit there and take the heat, becuase I new that if I ever fought back that I would probebly get suspended for a week.

He never got in trouble for doing what he did... EVERY MORNING. I felt like screaming in his face.

I mean, I'm not racist at all. Dark skinned people can be awesome. In fact, half my friends were black when I lived in Louisiana and none of them ever complained about how I was white.

It's as tho some people are trying to give black people a bad name. There are some really awesome people out there that are black and they are just ordinary people, too. They may be different and may have different tallents, but does that mean that they should treat us badly or we should treat them badly?

I mean, the only white person who I've ever herd of that could make fun of any country they wanted would probebly be Weird Al! And even some people are offended by him! There has got to be something wrong with all of this...

It's not other races, really. I'm being as honest as I can when I say it's only blacks. How many times have you seen an Asian person go to court over racism? Didn't think so. I'm not saying all blacks are the cause, I'm just saying they are the majority of it.

I'm not racist at all. I'm only truthful.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

One of the biggest issues my family has is that the school district no longer gives us Columbus Day off. Yet, we get MLK Day off. Even though Columbus wasn't here 'first' he really brought the attention of this continent to other places, and it was on more maps and more people came here after he discovered it.

We also don't have White History month. The blacks and latinos have one, why can't we?

I won't say much more on this subject, because I might cause some trouble and upset people once I start losing my temper. But, basically, this is the reason neither I, nor anyone in my family, has any problem with making fun of other races. They make fun of us, we make fun of them. We don't hate them, but we still make the jokes.

I really don't like to admit this, but I completely agree with you. Why are only white people racist??

(No offense to other races)

I agree that it isn't fair that if any race other than white makes fun of another race, it is taken lightly and is considered a joke, but when we make a racial slur about another race, we are considered racist. This is the way it will always be an there is no denying it isn't fair. But we have to deal with it. I dont think racist jokes are funny in the slightest and I would never say one. I think it is wrong. Some people though, dont think that way and think it is fine. B) It's not right, but its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back