P1 character game patterns?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
So I don't want to derail from Dofgish's tama log but I decided to do some experimentation to see if I could find a pattern in the P1 character game... I did about 25 trials and got quite a bit of unique combinations. I guessed left every time to prevent the button pressed as a part of the deciding factor:

LLLRL
LLRLL
LRRRR
LRLLR
RLLLL
RRRLL
LRLLL
LLLRR
LRLRL
RRLRR
LLRLL
RRRRL
RLLLR
LLRLL
RRLLR
LRLLR
LRLRR
RRLLL
LRRLL
LLLRL
LLLRL
LLRLL
RLRRL
LLLRR
LRLLR
LRLLR
LRLRR

With some appearing sort of a lot (LLRLL) and LLLRL and LRLLR both appearing twice in a row, it seems quite random to me. Even if it was picking randomly out of a few set patterns, there are quite a few unique patterns here. I also know LLLLL and RRRRR are both possible combinations from previous experience, but since I haven't explicitly logged them I guess we shouldn't count those.

I'm not finding anything that would be distinct enough to be able to predict the outcome of the game? But Penguin and Dogfish both seem to have noticed patterns. Is it maybe just mind games these little creatures are playing on us?!

With Digimon v20, the dual training minigame has like... 5 or 6 different patterns, which even play on a loop, so there's no randomness at all. If you guess Up on the first three, you'll always get at least one right, and be able to discern the pattern enough to get the last two right, so you can win 100% of the time even if you don't know which part of the loop you're on. But there seems to be so many possible combinations and no recurring pattern to notice in the P1 character game. If there is, I don't know how you'd keep track of it over 25+ trials.

I'm actually surprised this even has RNG at all, with the rest of the pet features not seeming to have any kind of RNG whatsoever.

A possible factor here: Do you speed through the game by skipping the animations, or do you just let them play out? I always skip through the animations and press the button at the earliest available frame.

Is there some insane possibility that I've unknowingly been using some sort of dev-skip for decades, here? :lol:

Latest posts

Back