Pc Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamiton

Reaction score
well my mum got me a tamgotchi v4.5 pc pack for christmas and i dont know why but the mic won't respond can any one help or tell me why

There are a couple of possible things that could be causing this.

(1) you've accidently not plugged the microphone into the mic port. It may be in the line-in, line-out, or some other similarly sized port. Double-check this.

(2) You may also have to unmute / enable / or adjust the volume for the microphone in your sound mixer. How to do this depends a bit on the version of Windows you're running.

Here's how to do it for Windows XP: Right-click on the volume control icon (little speaker) near the lower right corner of the screen - near the clock. (If you don't see this icon, you may need to first click the << symbol to the left of the icons in the bottom right corner.) From the menu that pops-up, select "Open Volume Control". From the Volume Control menu bar, select Options -> Properties, then click the radiobutton for "Recording" in the Adjust Volume For area. If Microphone does not have a check mark next to it, place one there. Click OK in the Properties window to close it. Now your Volume Control window should change into a Recording Control window. Adjust the Microphone slider to the highest level it will go and make sure it is the only one that is selected (has a green checkmark below it.) Close the Recording Control window by clicking the big X in its upper right corner. To test that the microphone is working, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder. Click the Sound Recorder's record button (it's the one with the big red circle on it.) Tap the microphone with your finger or speak into it. You should see the thin straight green line in the black box change. This indicates that your microphone is working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back