Penguin-keeper's Zoo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MGA Penguin: The little penguin has grown again;

e32Wzq3.jpg

And he's still just as cute as ever. :wub:

I've become used to virtual pets where the animations for eating, games, happiness, sadness, and so on, aren't 100% consistent; For example, they're not always totally consistent on the Dinkie Penguin because its graphics are so large, and they're not consistent on the Super Gyaoppi because it's a multi-pet and they obviously saved on space by not representing every single stage of growth for all of the animations for every animal. However, the animations on the MGA Penguin are like those on the Tamagotchi line - they always correctly represent the current stage of your pet. It's just that little bit more immersive, and I really like that.

I really like this virtual pet, and I can already say for sure that I highly recommend the MGA VR Creatures to anyone - they really are that good. Pretty much everything about them is well-thought-out and well-made (except for the discipline animation on the penguin one, which is just cruel). Apparently, pretty much all of them (barring an odd case relating to Godzilla, where a Nano-clone exists) share the same programming, so you'd be getting the same experience regardless of which animal you choose. They also made a three-in-one version called "Lotsa Pets" (shown here on Tamenagerie), which features the penguin, the bear, and the puppy.

If anyone is considering picking up a non-Bandai virtual pet for their collection, I'd say that you really can't go wrong with an MGA one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Gyaoppi: Late last night, after he had gone to sleep, I heard the penguin's "birthday" chime go off, as it usually does at that time. I didn't check on him, as I was pretty sure that the all-white penguin form represented his old age and would be his final form, and I wasn't expecting him to change again.

xh5xgUi.jpg

When I checked him in the morning, I found that he had passed on, and it was most likely that this happened when he aged the night before - meaning that he lived until the age of 24, according to the in-game timekeeping.

MGA Penguin: The little penguin is now 5. The MGA VR Creatures apparently only have a lifespan of nine days, so he'll probably change into his adult form tomorrow. This will be one of three possibilities, and I have no idea what any of them look like. :p

After the MGA Penguin run is completed, I'm going to stop logging my virtual pets for a while, though - I'm starting to find it to be a bit of a chore, unfortunately! I'll still be running them, though, of course. ;)

I hear ya on the chore part! Hope you keep having fun with them outside of the logs. Thanks for showing us so many non-tama pets as well!
I absolutely will, and you're very welcome. :D And, on that note, thankyou for reading, too!

I'll add pictures of my virtual pet collection here if things change, too, incidentally. My big hope for this year is that Bandai might bring a colour Tamagotchi model to the West, so I'm hoping that at some point I can at least add a collection-shot with one of those in it! (Though it's not something that I'm interested in importing, I'd probably buy an English edition in order to show support and take a chance on something a bit different, if they were to make it available.)

MGA Penguin: As predicted...

mF46Cia.jpg

... The penguin has now grown into his adult form - and what a cutie he is, too!

Sometimes, when he waddles on out to look at the mountains and his Happiness meter is full, he'll just stand there doing a happy little dance. He's adorable.

This has quickly become another one of my favourite virtual pets of all time, and, as with the Super Gyaoppi, it's exactly the sort of experience that I was looking for when I returned to the virtual pets hobby.

I also like that it's got a short run-time (in a legitimate sense, not in the sense of bad programming as with Chuppi and Penpy), as progress is fast and it doesn't take up too much of your time, whilst still being fun to run and full of cute little touches that make it all worthwhile. Most virtual pets tend towards lifespans of multiple weeks, and it's nice to also have one that doesn't, for busier times.

I believe that the same philosophy applies to the Hitorikko virtual pets, too, which mimicked the Dinkie pets in the way that they operate, and which I believe have an even shorter run-time than the MGA pets - I might have to pick one of those up, at some point.

MGA Penguin: I figured that I'd share another GIF today, because I wanted to showcase the happy little dance that I mentioned yesterday;

IdfATxI.gif

I still can't get over how incredibly cute this virtual pet is! The MGA pets have instantly won me over - I think that they're fantastic. :wub:

MGA Penguin: The penguin became sick last night, but it was right after he fell asleep, so unfortunately I didn't get to see whether or not there's a special animation or symbol for when he's sick. Reason being, when things happen after he falls asleep, you still only see the sleeping animation.

I almost feel like I missed out, if there is one - after all, every single animation on this virtual pet (barring the discipline one) is absolutely adorable!

Aw, RIP Bill. :( I don't always have much time so I may try and get a Mini... and if it's forgiving that's good. :D But not if I get bored and try to kill it. B) (Yes, I have an evil side)
The Minis are very forgiving and very hardy, and they seem to hang around for ages even if you don't want them to! :lol: They're ideal if you don't always have a lot of free time.

Do you have a particular shell-design in mind?

Latest posts

Back