People Complimenting You.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KatAttack.xx

Reaction score
We've all had our share of insults, Compliments too.

I just find it annoying, sometimes. I can't get away with saying for one second, that I don't look good today. All but one of my friends are guys, so they always freak out when I put myself down. Which I do, often.

Do you have this...? Or is it just my friends.?

I sometimes put myself down, but my friends are pretty used to it. Some girls put themselves down because they just want to hear the opposite, or "fishing for compliments". But people know I just don't think highly of myself, so they usually don't think too much of it.

When I get a compliment, I freak out a bit. xD I almost ALWAYS think it's sarcasm, so I'm like "oh..thanks". Compliments are just.. ugh. I like giving them, but I really don't like getting them sometimes.

Well, sometimes I'll just accept, but usually I'll be all "NOOO."

I don't know which is worse, getting them or not getting them..

Haha. People compliment me sometimes. And I mostly freak and scream, "NOOOOOOOO!" But every once in a while I'll just say okay or thanks 'cause SOME PEOPLE get pi**ed when I call myself ugly. -coughDesicough-

I sometimes put myself down, but my friends are pretty used to it. Some girls put themselves down because they just want to hear the opposite, or "fishing for compliments". But people know I just don't think highly of myself, so they usually don't think too much of it.
When I get a compliment, I freak out a bit. xD I almost ALWAYS think it's sarcasm, so I'm like "oh..thanks". Compliments are just.. ugh. I like giving them, but I really don't like getting them sometimes.
OMG that annoys me so much :/

Oh and i don't like compliments...

I don't like compliments because most of the time, people don't really mean them. e~e

People are surprised if I get down about how I look, because I'm confident with myself, for the most part. That's what shows.

If I'm called 'hot', I'll either deny it or say thanks.

If I'm called cute, I'll accept it but feel a little like a nine year old. xD

If I'm called beautiful, I'll be in an incredible mood for the rest of the day.!

When my girl friends tell me, "No no no, I'd swap my looks any day for yours! You look lovely." I appreciate it, but if they're not that close, my self esteem will only boost a little. It almost seems to me as if words like "stunning", "beautiful" and "gorgeous" aren't always used sincerely now. It's not rare for anybody anymore, because everybody sees the beauty in their friends and does all they can to boost that confidence. Which is good, but not as special.

Somehow it means more when a guy says something, because they tend to be more sincere about that kind of thing.

If someone gives me a compliment, I usually give them a genuine, "Thank you," or, "Ahh, thanks" and move on.

Unless I truly am surprised, then I'm like, "Wow, I really don't think so, but thanks anyway."

I know how to take a compliment.

I do however, occasionally put myself down, just like anybody else.

I love to give compliments though.

Especially when I'm in an uncomfortable situation.

Give the person you're uncomfortable with a compliment, and it automatically lightens the mood and warms them up to you.

Trust me ;D

I don't really get complimented often.

But when I do, I just say thanks.

I give compliments all the time. I love to make others feel good.

I hate them when they're about my looks or something ;P I have a hard time accepting compliments, unless they're about how cute my gerbils are. Then I'm all "OMG THANKSSSSS" But I really don't like MYSELF that much. And when people give me compliments, I'm never sure if they actually mean what they're saying, or if they're just trying to be nice.

When people compliment me I thanks them for that, agree with them then compliment them back.

But if I put myself time it's actually better to agree with me because it makes me feel better when people respect my opinion about myself.

If I say "I look crap today" And someone says "No, you're way better looking than me" I get angry. But if they say "Yeah. Not looking your best" I'll be happier. It'll make me feel better.

If like, I work, for like, say, a project or something and I like it,and then someone compliments me,I just say thanks.

If its something I really hate, like my outfit or whatever, then I say "Thanks, however I dont share the same views as you."

=]

I put myself down sometimes,but I'm not really complimented that much so this topic doesn't really apply to me xD

And I never compliment unless I really like something. It really takes a lot to like, grab my intrest and stuff, ya know? x3

So yeah. But sometimes they do get irritating. ;D

I love compliments. They make me happy : ) i get them a lot, and i love giving them out aswell.

I'm not gonna lie, compliments boost my mood by a long shot. But you can tell when someone doesn't really mean it, and that's not as great. That makes me feel a lottt worse.

Giving people compliments makes me feel better as a person than if someone would be complimenting me. I love making others feel good. Makes me feel better :)

I love compliments, as long as they're not sarcastic.

I'm not gonna lie, compliments boost my mood by a long shot. But you can tell when someone doesn't really mean it, and that's not as great. That makes me feel a lottt worse.
Giving people compliments makes me feel better as a person than if someone would be complimenting me. I love making others feel good. Makes me feel better :)

I love compliments, as long as they're not sarcastic.
Exactly. A lot of times I get fakes, lol.

Not something to be proud of.

:I

Sometimes I'll feel like crap one day, and then someone will compliment me and it makes me feel better. I like compliments.

It's sort of frustrating though when I compliment someone and they're like "WTF NO" and I'm just like ":\"

Lol.

I hate compliments lol. My self-esteem is pretty much non-existent, so regardless of the compliment, I always argue in my head about it. I've learned not to argue out loud about it.

I also never know what to say in response. I don't feel like thank you is technically appropriate because I, myself don't believe it. Half the time I feel like it's a lie, so if I say thank you I feel like I'm really saying, 'thanks for lying to me'.

I love compliments

As long as the people giving them MEAN them.

I hate it when people compliment you on something

which is clearly bad.

What's the point.

I give compliments out when I mean it, which is alot.

Becuase let me just say, the people I talk to are amazing. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back